• 3 Post By TooCouponCrazy
  • 1 Post By MillieH
  • 1 Post By ilovecats
  • 1 Post By Tweets77

Thread: My very first Wally mart rant

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (86%)

So normally i stick up for stores and management, tellers etc. But today i must must must rant about this one.

Background: Last week my daughter and i went into one of our local wally marts and when we got to the till the clerk said " oh you can only use 3 coupons maximum, but you can price match as many items as you want" . i explained " i think you have it backwards i have spoken to your management team several times for clarification and at your location i can pm as many items as i want but only in quantities of 3, however i can use 1 mfc per item if i chose to do so.". The clerk argued i was very wrong, and luckily enough i spotted the store assistant manager, a csm and another manager all standing talking not just feet away from me. So i halted my transaction and went to them for clarification again. they all agreed " you can pm as many items as you want but only in quantities of 3 and for local ads only, however you can use 1 MFC per item if you like. " So i had them come explain that to the clerk at my till.

Last night:
    I goto the same wallmart and goto the till again with my eldest daughter, and the clerk calls the csm when she makes a small mistake pricematching, and the CSM says " you can only use 3 coupons maximum on any transaction at any time." so i argue that that is not what i was told a week prior. She said it has been store policy for a long time at that location but she will go ask the manager on duty. Ok here we go again i think to myself. Well it get s even better the manager on duty comes over and says her CSM is right and that has been the policy for a very long time. I almost had my head spin off my shoulders as i realized both the CSM and the duty manager were two of the people i had spoken with last week who confirmed my understanding of their policies. It was then that another client ( actually a few of them) all started telling them that they had to get their acts together as they also have been told different things by these same two managers. In the end they put me thru according to my earlier understanding of their policies, both denying they were the managers who assisted me with my query a week prior.

Seriously! now this beets all.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Dee09, Ciel, coley3 and 7 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

What the??? That makes no sense at all. I wih Walmart would have a set policy and train all cashier/csm on it!
    Ciel, Panthera and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds frustrating. I try to avoid that store at all costs, lol.
    Tweets77, Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

People are odd.. I don't know why..

There is a CSM at Walmart that goes through all my bags when the cashier calls him over to do an override to give me overage.. he asks if I followed all the rules etc... I have.. he is so bad, I expect at some point he will do a cavity search.. I mentioned this to one of my swap buddies and she said that he is her favourite CSM of all times.. just tells the cashiers to put her through as she knows what she is doing..

A couple of weeks ago, a coupon buddy and I are at RCSS .. profiling cashiers before getting into line.. So as I'm saying oooh I want to go through the blonde's register, she is awesome.. she says.. omg we can't go through the blonde's register she hates couponers..

I don't understand what happens, maybe their jobs sucks the life out of them.. I think it really comes down to the training of the person above them followed by what they retain.. Its probably best summed up with 'the blind leading the blind"

I'm most fortunate with shopping.. I get attitudes and sighing etc.. but I know the policies and mostly they follow them.. In your case.. I would be beyond frustrated.

At the stores near me , we can pm unlimited but limited to 6 like coupons.. its a decent policy.. I don't understand the limiting of 3 unless they don't have much stock..

One of the stores I shop at has limits until the last day of the sale and then I can clear the shelf if I want, not a walmart, ratss :o)
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I rarely go to Walmart as well. Too much stress for me. On Friday, I was in the plaza where Walmart was so went to pickup couple of things. Wanted to PM X-Cargo flyer for Axe spray for 2.99 and I had Unilever coupon save 3 when you buy two. Anyways, also picked up cover girl eye shadow for 3.97 as I had 1.00 off coupon from P & G. We go to checkout, I try to buy Cover Girl eye shadow and was told by cashier : it is only 3.97, you cannot apply the coupon to this, I explained it to her that it was for any Cover girl product, anyways she goes to Customer Service and lets me use the coupon. Then for PMing XCargo I was told they wouldn't PM it. No reason given anyways, told my daughter to hold the 3.00 coupon, only paid for Cover Girl and thought will check the CSM on the way out about PMing XCargo but between cash and Customer Service my daughter lost the coupon. Went out upset and somebody tells me somebody hit my car. More upset as the car is pretty new. Lucky though that there was a witness who wrote down the license plate number of the car that hit my car and then left.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is the policy posted at the entrance or website?
    Last edited by xlxo; Mon, Jul 14th, 2014 at 03:33 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The reason you cannot Ad Match XS Cargo because of the nature of their business. They deal with closeouts, liquidations, refurbished, bankruptcies, etc.

From Walmart Canada:

Subject
    Walmart.ca Feedback
    Discussion Thread
    Customer Service Response Via Email (Kevin) 11/10/2013 01:28 PM
    We do not price match with XS Cargo because they are carrying the clearance and liquidation items as they state. Walmart does not price match clearance items from any retailer.
    walkonby likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

I was a cashier for Wal-Mart.

Cashiers do not read the Ad Match policy while in training so a CSM must be consulted for authorization.

Policies vary from 1 province to the next.

Errors are common with AD Match if multiple flyers are used. Usually the same customers ask for 4 or more
    Ad Matchs in 1 transaction causing errors.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I was trying to price match an item at Walmart that was on sale at another store 3/$1.49. To me that is Item # 1 @ .$50, item # 2 @ $.50, item #3 @ $.49. The cashier said because of rounding all 3 would be $.50. Um, no, this is not a cash transaction. If that's the case - all your $9.99 items and alike in store would round up when you ring them in. Do they? No. Price match properly dude. Please and thank you.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to Walmart yesterday to PM Metro flyer for Lean Cuisine 1.99 + use 1.50 flyer, was told by the cashier that I can only PM the exact same FLAVOUR as pictured in the flyer coz it says "Selected Varieties"...total BS but was rushing to go home, or else would have asked for a manager, grr! At least I don't mind trying the flavoured pictured in the Metro flyer.

I usually check out the cashier to see if they will be good to deal with, normally I try to get a younger cashier and avoid middle age/older ladies but again had no time yesterday so got screwed :S

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I avoid Walmart as much as possible. Sometimes it is the only game in town, but on the whole I try to avoid it like the plague!!!
    GoJays likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    I was trying to price match an item at Walmart that was on sale at another store 3/$1.49. To me that is Item # 1 @ .$50, item # 2 @ $.50, item #3 @ $.49. The cashier said because of rounding all 3 would be $.50. Um, no, this is not a cash transaction. If that's the case - all your $9.99 items and alike in store would round up when you ring them in. Do they? No. Price match properly dude. Please and thank you.

At my walmart they wont price match items that are advertised as multibuys. I tried to price match diaper genie refills from Toys R Us they were on 2/13.00. I have done this several times at my walmart but the last time cashier said we don't do multibuys never have. I said that was strange I have done it several times here. She went and got a manager who said the same thing we have never done price matching on multibuys. he wasn't rude but refused to believe me when I said I had before. I just went to Target, had no problem there, in fact I do more and more of my shopping there. Way more coupon/price matching friendly

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    At my walmart they wont price match items that are advertised as multibuys. I tried to price match diaper genie refills from Toys R Us they were on 2/13.00. I have done this several times at my walmart but the last time cashier said we don't do multibuys never have. I said that was strange I have done it several times here. She went and got a manager who said the same thing we have never done price matching on multibuys. he wasn't rude but refused to believe me when I said I had before. I just went to Target, had no problem there, in fact I do more and more of my shopping there. Way more coupon/price matching friendly
    They don't do multibuys per se, but they will honor the ad match if there is a specific price per item on the multibuy promo.

Thread Information