User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Club Sobeys To Be Replaced By AIR MILES in Western Canada

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The Sobeys website says "95 reward miles = $10 off" and I'm wondering if the point value will get better with higher levels of redemption, or not. I was told you will earn 1AM per $14 spent at the store, plus bonus AM offers.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

I was checking my Sobeys points online and was surprised to find this notice:

As of December 1, 2014, the Club Sobeys Program has been discontinued for members in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Red Lake Ontario.

Any Club Sobeys points remaining in a member’s account have expired and are no longer available to redeem for rewards or to transfer to AIR MILES® reward miles.
    Thank you for your valued membership over the years. We hope you enjoyed the Club Sobeys program and continue to be a loyal Sobeys customer and take advantage of all the benefits of the AIR MILES® Reward Program.
    If you have any questions regarding your Club Sobeys account please call the Club Sobeys Contact centre at 1-877-776-2397.

With thanks,
    The Club Sobeys Team

To find out about the AIR MILES rewards program at Sobeys and how you can redeem reward miles for FREE groceries right at the till, please view the details below or visit sobeys.com

I'm in Ontario and points are still being offered in the upcoming flyer but I wonder how long the program will last here. I plan to redeem my points ASAP.
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Wed, Dec 3rd, 2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I transferred my points to air miles a few weeks ago.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Our change happened months ago. I did one last redemption.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Thanks for the heads up.
    Ciel likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    I'm in Ontario and points are still being offered in the upcoming flyer but I wonder how long the program will last here. I plan to redeem my points ASAP.
    They gave almost 5 months notice that it was closing so I wouldn't spend your points right away. I contacted them at the time and they said they had no plans to end Club Sobeys in Ontario at that time (obviously that can change, Atlantic Canada has had Air Miles at Sobeys for ages now before Western Canada changed)

Part of the decision was that they took over Safeway stores in Western Canada and those people collected Air Miles
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hey fellow Ontarians, that is a glitch to get the landing page for Red Lake ON closing of points program. It happened to me when I clicked the link from my Club Sobeys email to load points offers. Sent a Tweet to Sobeys who replied to call tollfree number. The next day, I tried the Club Sobeys site again (I had tried it a day or so before and got same message) and no closing page. Points offers were waiting for my clicks.

So it was a glitch. Today on Twitter, mention of Sobey's new big store in Milton + photos of the crowds. Points program is still live in Ontario, just not in Red Lake.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information