User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Clearance Items (End-Cap)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not Sure if many know about the Shoppers Drug Mart Clearance Items - If you dwell at the very back of the isle (Close to the post-office) you will see a end-cap full of marked down Items. I have gotten numerous excellent deals from this area. Not sure if they do this at all locations. However in Winnipeg they do. When they don't have room on the shelves and or these Items don't fit on their planogram they usually just blow them out! (50%, 70% even 90% off) Usually It's just random stuff, but personally I've gotten food items, toiletries, clothing, electronics etc.. Has anyone else seen these deals?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    dizzyb, ssbean, leen1476 and 3 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I think they have it at most stores. I always make sure to check it whenever I go to sdm. I've gotten body washes, nail polishes, soap & glory products and snack bars from there
    Ciel, dizzyb, ssbean and 2 others like this.
    I do most of my shopping online and LOVE using ebates to get cash back. Check it out - it's free and easy to sign up!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=ux6NkmzoOno%3D

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Depends on the store how visible the clearance shelf is. At a mall store, an end cap near pharmacy/post office is the location. At my local store, a shelving unit by the carts when you enter is where you find the clearance items.
    Noticed some boxed Dora the Explorer chocolate is clearing out at $5.49 and there are pink $1 stickers on the boxes.

At the choc/gum/candy display by cash, Reese Sticks are clearing out at 59 cents each until Sept 19 (or until stock sells out).
    dizzyb, ssbean and hbctrade like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's where ours is too - but there is rarely something cheap enough to buy on there.
    Ciel, dizzyb and hbctrade like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I think it depends on the SDM - some are near the back / post office. Some are a trolley by the front check outs. But I'm with you! Love SDM clearance and always check the clearance shelf before leaving.
    Ciel, dizzyb, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's where it is at my local stores too. Usually nothing amazing on it, but I have scored some $1.99 CG nail polish - $1.00 P&G CG coupon, and used VIB bonus points coupons to get great deals.

It's nice when you can combine the clearance deals with coupons.
    Ciel, dizzyb, leen1476 and 3 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have 3 Shopper's near me and every store has the clearance bin in a different section and in one of the store's it seems to move around from trolley to different shelves. I try to make a point of looking every time I go because sometimes the deals are fantastic. Last week I picked up Smashbox cosmetics (lip stick, eyeliner and 2 different shadow combinations) for $5 each My 20 something daughter is going to be thrilled when she sees those in her Xmas stocking. Went back later that night because I regretted not getting more and they were all gone.
    Ciel, dizzyb, leen1476 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Based on past experience, I am not taking prices for granted if a handwritten sign offers a discount on a cart full of clearance items. This cart will be in front of cash and I make a point to have cashier verify price before I commit to purchase.

When Xmas tags and bows are in a cart with a printed store sign indicating the discount/markdown, they are good at cash for that markdown.
    dizzyb, ashy01 and hbctrade like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawacouponlady View Post
    I have 3 Shopper's near me and every store has the clearance bin in a different section and in one of the store's it seems to move around from trolley to different shelves. I try to make a point of looking every time I go because sometimes the deals are fantastic. Last week I picked up Smashbox cosmetics (lip stick, eyeliner and 2 different shadow combinations) for $5 each My 20 something daughter is going to be thrilled when she sees those in her Xmas stocking. Went back later that night because I regretted not getting more and they were all gone.
    Yes! Totally agree with you, they sometimes use Trolleys and move the deals right to the front of the store near the cash registers! Those are some great finds you got!
    dizzyb likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawacouponlady View Post
    Wow, great steal for Smashbox!
    dizzyb likes this.
    I do most of my shopping online and LOVE using ebates to get cash back. Check it out - it's free and easy to sign up!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

here are a few deals I have recently got from SDM clearance. Schick hydro 5 power select razors Reg $14.99 - Clearance for $3.75!! I bought all of them when I saw this (about 10 packs) as they are essentials for me and great as gifts as well. Also got Nivea Men's Gift set's, Not sure the regular price but I snagged them for $4.99 each!! I calculated the total if I were to buy each Nivea product separately and It would have costed over $25. These are just couple of examples of great deals I've gotten from SDM!

Last edited by hbctrade; Sun, Jul 13th, 2014 at 12:39 PM.
    dizzyb, leen1476, momi and 2 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Saw those razors at my sdm yesterday but my hubby has enough stocked up to last him a while
    dizzyb, momi, amira84 and 1 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i'm with Nat. our 'clearance' center takes weeks to months to get cheap enough to call clearance. then its usually broken or missing something. VERY rarely do i ever catch a deal.
    enjoy yours.
    dizzyb, amira84 and hbctrade like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

There are several SDMs close to me, and I'm in complete agreement with what others have said, there is always a clearance rack/shelf/bin somewhere in the store. Sometimes the bins are small, sometimes the deals are not impressive, other times it's a START THE CAR moment!

The SDM I go to the most often almost always has several clearance spots through the store: a large rack by the electronics with items from just about every department, a small nook on a bottom shelf in the refrigerated section, and a portable shelf or two by the cash registers for non-refrigerated food items and other very close to date products (like supplements, etc.). At this particular location, I have found the better deals are not in the larger clearance rack. They're more eager to move the stuff in the smaller clearance sections as they expire very soon, so great deals can be found!

I needed vitamins for the kids but didn't want to pay full price (about $12-$15 for a large bottle). Found one close-to-expiry at the cash for $0.97! SWEET. We won't use it up completely before the expiry (August), but it's not going to go sour the moment September arrives LOL! We go through bread like mad, about a loaf every other day. There's almost always a rack at the cash with bread for $0.97. I don't care much if it expires that day or the next, 'cuz we'll use it up too quickly.

Don't forget to check the tiny clear plastic display bins on the cash counters--sometimes there are deals to be had there, too! Two weeks ago I snagged protein bars for $0.25 each (reg. $2.99). Perfect for the trip we were taking that weekend!

Found a Physician's Formula bronzer for $4.96 with a $5 off coupon on it! SDM, I love your clearance (when you're REALLY clearing it, anyway LOL)! Yup, totally worth the extra two minutes to pour over the racks.
    joandstef and hbctrade like this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post
    There are several SDMs close to me, and I'm in complete agreement with what others have said, there is always a clearance rack/shelf/bin somewhere in the store. Sometimes the bins are small, sometimes the deals are not impressive, other times it's a START THE CAR moment!

The SDM I go to the most often almost always has several clearance spots through the store: a large rack by the electronics with items from just about every department, a small nook on a bottom shelf in the refrigerated section, and a portable shelf or two by the cash registers for non-refrigerated food items and other very close to date products (like supplements, etc.). At this particular location, I have found the better deals are not in the larger clearance rack. They're more eager to move the stuff in the smaller clearance sections as they expire very soon, so great deals can be found!

I needed vitamins for the kids but didn't want to pay full price (about $12-$15 for a large bottle). Found one close-to-expiry at the cash for $0.97! SWEET. We won't use it up completely before the expiry (August), but it's not going to go sour the moment September arrives LOL! We go through bread like mad, about a loaf every other day. There's almost always a rack at the cash with bread for $0.97. I don't care much if it expires that day or the next, 'cuz we'll use it up too quickly.

Don't forget to check the tiny clear plastic display bins on the cash counters--sometimes there are deals to be had there, too! Two weeks ago I snagged protein bars for $0.25 each (reg. $2.99). Perfect for the trip we were taking that weekend!

Found a Physician's Formula bronzer for $4.96 with a $5 off coupon on it! SDM, I love your clearance (when you're REALLY clearing it, anyway LOL)! Yup, totally worth the extra two minutes to pour over the racks.
    Those are some excellent pick-ups dizzyb!! I agree with the others also, It really depends on the particular store and what they decide to move out and slash the prices on, but like I've said, I've found numerous "Start The Car Moment" deals at almost All
    of the locations close to where I live. Around Christmas time is when I got the (Mother-Load) The clearance Isle was FULL of electronics that they marked down - All Sony products were in the range of 60%-80% off. I ended up getting 3 Digital picture frames for $14.99 each - Regular priced at $59.99 and 2 Home book-shelf Stereo systems for $29.99 each Regular priced at $99.99. (in-fact, Future Shop & Best buy currently are still selling this Stereo at $129.99) I remember asking the merchandiser that was working at the time "if these prices are correct"!? She kindly told me, Yes. (Simply they didn't sell at regular prices and they no longer fit on the planogram) And that does make sense because sadly SDM is really the last place I would shop for electronics at. They had just marked them down that morning, So I arrived just at the right time.

Also, you are right! I've found some gems in the little plastic bins on the counter as well, Great catch!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information