User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Scop rant(advice,tips and knowledge appreciated)

Themurms
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello everyone and thanks for clicking! What is SCOP? what does it stand for? Where and when does it apply? Are all cashiers aware of this?
    I need help clearing up these questions as I am unsure. Thanks for the help!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    torontogal12, momi and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

You can find all the information you need here :

http://www.retailcouncil.org/members...price-accuracy

Themurms
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    You can find all the information you need here :

http://www.retailcouncil.org/members...price-accuracy
    Thanks for reading and replying
    Ciel, momi and Cata like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

No problem
    Ciel, Murms and momi like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Murms View Post
    Hello everyone and thanks for clicking! What is SCOP? what does it stand for? Where and when does it apply? Are all cashiers aware of this?
    I need help clearing up these questions as I am unsure. Thanks for the help!
    Today I have confirmed with Walmart head office that SCOP "Scanning Code Of Practice" applies to all customers including walmart employees.

In the event where the item is non ticketed and scans higher at the till then the shelf or advertised price then you as a customer may ask for it free up to $10 maximum.

If the non ticketed item scans higher at the till then the shelf or advertised price and is over $10 you would get $10 off the lower displayed price.

For example

If you bought a non ticketed towel and the shelf or advertised price said $5.99 but then you go to the till and it scans at $8.99 you'd be able to claim scop and get the item free of charge. If the cashier enters it in correctly the tax would be included.

If you bought a non ticketed mascara and it's shelf or any advertised price says $14.99 and it scans $30 at the till you would kindly mention scop. Then you would get $10 off the $14.99 price.

The lady I spoke with from head office said all Walmarts are suppose to follow scanning code of practice. Some staff members are not aware or trained of the scop so it's best to speak with a Csm or manager if the cashier doesn't know.

If your ever unsure or have questions you can always call walmart at 1-800-328-0402 and they will confirm anything for you.

I hope this helps
    Last edited by mandy403; Mon, Jul 14th, 2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added something
    Ciel, canuck1989, Murms and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If the item is not ticketed with a specific upc this does not apply. They may give the lower price the item is on the shelf for just not for free or $10.00 off.

IE. A box of 24 piece Rubbermaid Tupperware was on a Wal-Mart end cap for $9.94 I thought CRAZY deal. (The shelf was full of product but did not specify price with the product on sign)! On the shelf in the Tupperware isle it was $19.94. (It rang up $19.94) The manager said since there was no ticket on the item (specifying price and item) they would give it to me for $9.94 but would not apply the $10.00 code. I had a $1.50 coupon off which still wasn't a bad deal but nevertheless is wasn't applicable.
    Murms likes this.

Themurms
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post
    Today I have confirmed with Walmart head office that SCOP "Scanning Code Of Practice" applies to all customers including walmart employees.

In the event where the item is non ticketed and scans higher at the till then the shelf or advertised price then you as a customer may ask for it free up to $10 maximum.

If the non ticketed item scans higher at the till then the shelf or advertised price and is over $10 you would get $10 off the lower displayed price.

For example

If you bought a non ticketed towel and the shelf or advertised price said $5.99 but then you go to the till and it scans at $8.99 you'd be able to claim scop and get the item free of charge. If the cashier enters it in correctly the tax would be included.

If you bought a non ticketed mascara and it's shelf or any advertised price says $14.99 and it scans $30 at the till you would kindly mention scop. Then you would get $10 off the $14.99 price.

The lady I spoke with from head office said all Walmarts are suppose to follow scanning code of practice. Some staff members are not aware or trained of the scop so it's best to speak with a Csm or manager if the cashier doesn't know.

If your ever unsure or have questions you can always call walmart at 1-800-328-0402 and they will confirm anything for you.

I hope this helps
    It helped so much! Thanks so much for explaining SCOP clearly. Have any of you had an experience with SCOP before? Thanks again

Themurms
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by canuck1989 View Post
    If the item is not ticketed with a specific upc this does not apply. They may give the lower price the item is on the shelf for just not for free or $10.00 off.

IE. A box of 24 piece Rubbermaid Tupperware was on a Wal-Mart end cap for $9.94 I thought CRAZY deal. (The shelf was full of product but did not specify price with the product on sign)! On the shelf in the Tupperware isle it was $19.94. (It rang up $19.94) The manager said since there was no ticket on the item (specifying price and item) they would give it to me for $9.94 but would not apply the $10.00 code. I had a $1.50 coupon off which still wasn't a bad deal but nevertheless is wasn't applicable.
    Thanks for reading and replying It cleared up my questions and the example was perfect. Thanks again

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Walmart, Superstore, Canadian Tire and Sobey's here all have the SCOP sign right at the till that clearly explains this absolutely no need to contact a CSM or head office

yes granted I would say 98% of employees don't even know about this but it is their job and it is posted right in front of them at the cash register and I just point to it
    Ciel and Murms like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I had a tub of sour cream at SDM, and it rang in at $5.19 instead of $2.99 and they said they would only give me scop if it was over $10. 2 cashiers verified this, and I explained that free was on items under $10 and a customer in line with me backed me up so they gave it to me for free.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Remember it's $10 off the price the item is SUPPOSED to be. Not $10 off the wrong price.

I once bought something that was Regular $29.99. It was supposed to be on sale for $19.99.

When I asked for SCOP the cashier said she would give it to me for $19.99 because it was ($10 off). She didn’t seem to understand that adjusting it down to the proper price was not enough.

Luckily their policy was posted right next to the cash register. Look for it when you go, a lot of cash registers have it stickered on. Just be informed about what the policies are and you will be fine.

I find SCOP pretty rare.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Jul 15th, 2014 at 03:33 PM.
    hollyquaiscer, Ciel and Murms like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Murms View Post
    It helped so much! Thanks so much for explaining SCOP clearly. Have any of you had an experience with SCOP before? Thanks again
    Your very Welcome. Glad I could help answer your questions. I've experienced Scop a few times and it's been so awesome. I remember my first time was when I was buying picture frames and I noticed I was over charged. This was before I knew about Scop. I went to customer service to get my difference back and she said because we have comfirmed the price scanned wrong you will get this frame free of charge and this one for the sale price. I was in shocked as I learned later on that the csm could have easily just gave me back the difference instead of mentioning the scop. Now that's customer service. From my experience most cashier don't know about scop and will just change the price to the shelf price if you mention it but they should also be applying the scop as well if the item scans wrong.

May I ask what your experience was?
    Ciel and Murms like this.

Themurms
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    Walmart, Superstore, Canadian Tire and Sobey's here all have the SCOP sign right at the till that clearly explains this absolutely no need to contact a CSM or head office

yes granted I would say 98% of employees don't even know about this but it is their job and it is posted right in front of them at the cash register and I just point to it
    Thanks for reading and replying Glad that you addressed the stores that follow SCOP.
    Ciel likes this.

Themurms
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    I had a tub of sour cream at SDM, and it rang in at $5.19 instead of $2.99 and they said they would only give me scop if it was over $10. 2 cashiers verified this, and I explained that free was on items under $10 and a customer in line with me backed me up so they gave it to me for free.
    Wow, that's what I have been reading too, if it's under $10 its free and if its over they reduce $10 from the price. Great to hear of the backup. Thanks for reading and replying
    Ciel likes this.

Themurms
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Remember it's $10 off the price the item is SUPPOSED to be. Not $10 off the wrong price.

I once bought something that was Regular $29.99. It was supposed to be on sale for $19.99.

When I asked for SCOP the cashier said she would give it to me for $19.99 because it was ($10 off). She didn’t seem to understand that adjusting it down to the proper price was not enough.

Luckily their policy was posted right next to the cash register. Look for it when you go, a lot of cash registers have it stickered on. Just be informed about what the policies are and you will be fine.

I find SCOP pretty rare.
    Oh thanks for sharing that tip, this made it much more clear. Yes, it was good that the cashier had the policies or you would have had to sort it out with the manager. Thanks for reading and replying

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information