• 3 Post By ashy01
  • 2 Post By tiffy1324
  • 1 Post By d.ot
  • 2 Post By ashy01

Thread: Personalized coupons and manufacturer coupon

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Why does one shoppers accept both manufacturer coupon and shoppers coupon and another shoppers dont. My shoppers does it but when I went to another shoppers they refuse to accept it. The cashier says its one or the other....... So can I use it or not ?
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j47lee View Post
    Why does one shoppers accept both manufacturer coupon and shoppers coupon and another shoppers dont. My shoppers does it but when I went to another shoppers they refuse to accept it. The cashier says its one or the other....... So can I use it or not ?
    It's completely up to store management on whether or not to accept both. Unless Shoppers corporate sets a firm guideline (either yes you can use both, or no it's only one or the other), then it is up to the manager's discretion - and they always have the right to refuse the use of a coupon (in this case it would be the refusal of the manufacturer's coupon).
    d.ot and momi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    It's completely up to store management on whether or not to accept both. Unless Shoppers corporate sets a firm guideline (either yes you can use both, or no it's only one or the other), then it is up to the manager's discretion - and they always have the right to refuse the use of a coupon (in this case it would be the refusal of the manufacturer's coupon).
    I had this situation yesterday and asked them to call 1-800-shoppers and manager confirmed it in front of me that this was a new change this year and in fact it is allowed!
    luckbealady, momi and lp11 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I wish shoppers would post a policy change type thing that we could print out and bring to shoppers in order to avoid arguments with cashiers. Keep wanting to try and use both- but hate the thought of a situation arising x(
    momi and lp11 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashy01 View Post
    I had this situation yesterday and asked them to call 1-800-shoppers and manager confirmed it in front of me that this was a new change this year and in fact it is allowed!
    Hey ashy01, so you're saying that an SDM coupon (personalized, mail out; either $ off or points coupon) can be combined with a manufacturer coupon?
    momi likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Yes indeed! You should call yourself to confirm so that way you can feel a bit more confident when asking the store to call and confirm this when they try to deny you :p
    d.ot and momi like this.

Thread Information