User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: anyone ever buy feramax at shoppers?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

When i go to the pharmacy and ask for it, they ring it in right there. Kinda sucks because that would be 23 dollars toward 50 on a 20x event. Anyone able to pay for it at the main cash with other items?
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Decaf likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

You can ring it up at the front cash, although they might want to bring it there for you. Alternatively, you can ask them to ring up the rest of your shop back at the pharmacy counter. When I pick up items from the pharmacy counter such as Tylenol with codeine, I'm able to check out either way. (If the pharmacy is busy, they pass me over to the regular cash but if they're not busy, they put through my whole shop right there.)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got them once to let me bring it up to the front cash because Yes it does suck paying that much and not getting any points for it. I only pay $21 for the 150. Wondering where you live?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had no problem paying for it at the main cash at two different stores. Once was a mega redemption, the other times on 20x days. I just explained what I wanted to do and they had no problem with me taking it to the front cash.

SBW
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    195 (100%)

$23 at SDM is quite expensive. If you have a Costco membership (or know someone who does), they sell FeraMAX 150 behind the counter at the pharmacy, $15.89 for 30 capsules. Also, at the RCSS pharmacy it's about $19
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I'm in NS. Thanks for the costco tip. That's a way better price!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I always buy it at Costco, actually the cheapest price is at the pharmacy at the London Health Sciences centre (London Ontario) I have to go there for appt's a few times a year, other hospital pharmacies may have it that cheap too, I think it was around $30 for 100 ct box I have to go again soon I can let you know for sure if anyone really wants to know Picked some up this week at the Hospital Pharmacy London Health Sciences see pic!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kat*in*Can; Wed, Jul 30th, 2014 at 07:37 AM.
    Decaf and placidway like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Wow. I will call the hospital pharmacy and inquire. Thanks so much. I love saving money!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow thats cheap. I work at shoppers, so i got mine at shoppers with my discount and shoppers points, and yes i agree with what everyone is saying, just let them know at the pharmacy and they will bring it up to the front or ring through the rest of your stuff.
    sdddmd likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not sure if it's all pharmacy registers (I would think so), but they can scan your Optimum card there too. The person ringing me out at pharmacy has always asked for my Optimum card if I'm just getting over the counter items.

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

So you can get 20 x points on these? Didn't think you could with prescriptions.... Anyone in NB that can confirm this?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sdddmd View Post
    So you can get 20 x points on these? Didn't think you could with prescriptions.... Anyone in NB that can confirm this?
    I'm not in NB, but the iron supplements I've purchased from SDM (not Feramax, but still over the counter) are not pointable. Took me a while to figure out why I wasn't getting the points for it, so I called and they said the iron was not eligible for points. This is in Ontario, btw.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post
    I'm not in NB, but the iron supplements I've purchased from SDM (not Feramax, but still over the counter) are not pointable. Took me a while to figure out why I wasn't getting the points for it, so I called and they said the iron was not eligible for points. This is in Ontario, btw.
    I bought Feramax in Ontario and got points (personal coupon for 20x OTC meds). This was last Aug/Sept. Since then my SIL gets them from the hospital pharmacy with her discount.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kat*in*Can View Post
    I always buy it at Costco, actually the cheapest price is at the pharmacy at the London Health Sciences centre (London Ontario) I have to go there for appt's a few times a year, other hospital pharmacies may have it that cheap too, I think it was around $30 for 100 ct box I have to go again soon I can let you know for sure if anyone really wants to know Picked some up this week at the Hospital Pharmacy London Health Sciences see pic!
    This is such a great deal. 100 capsules at Costco costs $52, I was just there last night.

This is off topic but can somebody please tell me if this iron supplement is good? What are the side effects? I'm currently taking Proferrin and I'm thinking of switching to Feramax. Proferrin is more expensive as I have to take it 3x a day.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    This is such a great deal. 100 capsules at Costco costs $52, I was just there last night.

This is off topic but can somebody please tell me if this iron supplement is good? What are the side effects? I'm currently taking Proferrin and I'm thinking of switching to Feramax. Proferrin is more expensive as I have to take it 3x a day.
    It was suggested by my cousin's husband (a pharmacist) that my mom use Feramax (she has very low hemoglobin due to some medical issues - even required a few blood transfusions a while back). She ALWAYS takes it with food, as it can make you feel nausea, as well as make you constipated. She finds it works well, and doesn't suffer from the side effects any more.
    Definitely check out if you can pick it up at a hospital pharmacy. I think it was about $30 cheaper at the hospital pharmacy than it was at Shoppers.
    Cuckoobird likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information