User Tag List

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree2694Likes

Thread: Horatio update: Post radiation results in

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A saving if 100k seems like a pittance when considering how much is spent in other areas of the provincial budget, and so sad that of all things, cancer patients are forced to pay the price. Talk about nauseating? That sickens me.
    I may have missed it, but is there a petition...a contact, that we can use to voice our opinions, not the the government will listen, unfortunately. Once a decision has been made, I'm not hopeful it can ever be reversed. Saving face, and all that.

Stay strong, Tara, and I'm so happy you had a rejuvenating sleep!
    TaraF and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The govt says it is up to the hospital to find the savings, they haven't actually cut their funding, just refused the increase they requested (HHS which runs several hospitals have been cutting $25mill per year on $1.2billion budget since their budget was frozen 3 years ago). Interesting that while doing this, they hired a new CEO at over $540k a year (to get the full amount, he and the other VPs etc have to ensure the cuts are made too so he has a vested interest in making these cuts)

The list of contacts is here, of the list, the only one who actively wants to save it is Dave Murphy
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/6127406-post376.html
    TaraF, avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Excellent story thanks for posting, please continue to keep us updated.
    TaraF, avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

It seems the guy to address anything to is Dave Murphy, indeed. Even if he just compiles emails that people send to him that he can reference, that's important, because this does affect so many people. What I don't get is where they think they will be able to save money. Even if they shove people to roach motels, if anyone runs into problems, every call to 911 is an expense, as is every ambulance dispatched and every trip to the ER. Since the real reason was finally addressed in the article by Dr. Meyer (The Nurses wages) as he pointed out that many hospitals that have Lodges don't employ Nurses, here is an idea.

Lakeview Lodge is designed in the following manner:

- The building houses several offices, including the Canadian Cancer Society, and is connected to Juravinski Hospital. The Lodge's elevator is locked off from the main floor as of 10pm so that anyone that may be lurking in an about the hospital can have no have access to patients staying in the lodge, and vice versa. So, since the hospital is RIGHT there, why not staff ONE nurse overnight? Only when patients are locked off from the hospital and wouldn't have access to services they may need?

The lodge could remain open and staffed only when it's locked off to the hospital. During the day when patients have full access to the hospital AND their Oncology teams and patient assessment, they don't necessarily need the nurses there, however, the other emergency services and their teams are immediately available to them. I'm all about compromise, but taking away full service is NOT compromise. I'd rather see THIS scenario, then taking away everything. Bringing a nurse in from 10pm until 7am seems like a good compromise to me.
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Nov 13th, 2014 at 02:36 PM.
    Skippy, avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

It's really weird that I'm more tired now than I was during radiation. It has hit me within the last week or so really badly, I can just sit here and nod off. I was reading online though that with brain radiation you can get the full effects of post radiation drowsiness and tiredness at around 4-6 weeks after treatment ends, which is right on schedule.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I've been in bed the last few days, sleeping a lot and fielding media calls in between. (look what you started Fallen!) My stomach issues are brutal. Called the GI Drs office today and the receptionist said it will be another 2 weeks or so before she gets to even booking me for a scope. I'm beyond fatigued, I literally wake from 9 hours sleep, stay awake for 2 hrs and start a cycle of napping for the remainder of the day. It sucks. The good thing is that when I'm sleeping I'm not aware of the pain.

I have continued to keep Lakeview Lodge an issue with the help of some of my initial contacts, they've been great. Thanks FallenPixels for bringing it to my attention. MPP Monique Taylor raised the issue in Provincial Legislature today. You can view it here if you'd like to, or listen to it here, and I will be traveling to Queen's Park in Toronto next Thursday to do some media surrounding the issue. That should be interesting considering I feel like crap. lol But I did get the ball rolling on this should I should see it through.

Anyone near Queen's Park that wants to say hello?? I'll be there. In the media room, Wherever that is. lol

Anyone know of anything that helps stop nausea? I've tried gingerale, pepto, nope. I don't actually vomit, I just seem to be in a constant state of feeling as though I have to. It's horrible.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I've been in bed the last few days, sleeping a lot and fielding media calls in between. (look what you started Fallen!) My stomach issues are brutal. Called the GI Drs office today and the receptionist said it will be another 2 weeks or so before she gets to even booking me for a scope. I'm beyond fatigued, I literally wake from 9 hours sleep, stay awake for 2 hrs and start a cycle of napping for the remainder of the day. It sucks. The good thing is that when I'm sleeping I'm not aware of the pain.

I have continued to keep Lakeview Lodge an issue with the help of some of my initial contacts, they've been great. Thanks FallenPixels for bringing it to my attention. MPP Monique Taylor raised the issue in Provincial Legislature today. You can view it here if you'd like to, or listen to it here, and I will be traveling to Queen's Park in Toronto next Thursday to do some media surrounding the issue. That should be interesting considering I feel like crap. lol But I did get the ball rolling on this should I should see it through.

Anyone near Queen's Park that wants to say hello?? I'll be there. In the media room, Wherever that is. lol

Anyone know of anything that helps stop nausea? I've tried gingerale, pepto, nope. I don't actually vomit, I just seem to be in a constant state of feeling as though I have to. It's horrible.
    You are a wonder, Tara!!
    First of all, nausea: have you tried garlic pickle juice? My DD and I swear by it.

As as for your fatigue...Hon, I'll pass along the instructions of my surgeon and physiotherapist: LISTEN to to your body, it'll tell you what you need. Rest, Tara....you know that this can be part of your after-treatment body's response, so rest. It'll do your body good.

As for travelling, goodness...how will you get there? It'll be exhausting, I hope you take every opportunity to rest when you can. I think your staffing idea is brilliant, and I hope you have the chance to pass it along.

Take care, Sweetie....and rest! That's an order, btw...
    Skippy, TaraF and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Oh Lynn, I've tried listening to my body and I've tried sleeping, the problem? I have been ending up sleeping a good 18-20 hours a day. Which can't be good. Not to mention it gives me major head pressure which just causes me more headaches, and all the Drs tell me is I just have to wait for my tests. "We can't do anything until this test is done" they say. Well I finally got called with a scope consult date today; March 6. Ugh. I don't know how I'm going to survive another 3+ months of this but I guess I have no choice. garlic pickle juice sounds like an interesting home remedy lol one that I'm afraid might rip my stomach to pieces! Water seems to hurt me. My contact called to say they cancelled for next thursday at Queen's Park and are rebooking for the following week, well guess who is unavailable? I have Drs appointments out the wazoo! Too bad none of the appointments are specific to my stomach issues. Blah.

I hope you've been getting your rest and healing well Lynn. That's an order!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aw, rats, on all sides, Tara....

avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thinking about you and hoping that you can find some peace in each day. Sending smiles and hugs!
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, Tara..it's been a while since you've been on here....please let us know how you're doing....Hugs!!!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Thinking of you today Tara hope you are doing ok. Love you Joanne
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sure she is just fine and taking it easy
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information