User Tag List

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2694Likes

Thread: Horatio update: Post radiation results in

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, Tara! Those sound like really positive dietary changes and quite possibly changes everyone should consider. As I get older, I'm becoming more aware of what I'm ingesting, and looking at foods as "friend or foe?". Even so, it's very difficult to be virtuous all the time. Wish I had started many, many years ago!
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tara it's nice to hear from you I'm sorry to hear about your tumor growing back . I'm sending you positive vibes and wishes. Were here for you!
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So sorry to hear the bugger is back. Hopefully your surgery will be soon and you can get the treatment over with quickly so you can kiss Horatio away for good!
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 2 others like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Tara, it's so nicer to finally hear from you again, not so nice under the circumstances. You're a true fighter, and the sight of a wonderful child dancing with a pink bunny gives us all a brighter outlook on an extremely dim situation. I know that you are very used to taking life one day,week,month and year at a time. Keep the candles burning and the sound of children laughing in your head. I will be saying prayers for you, along with your family.

I'm so sorry honey that this nasty Horatio has chosen to raise its ugly head gain.

And you my dear will win everytime!
    strew, Andit, TaraF and 2 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Lynn for thursday and friday I kept saying to my husband "why didn't I do this sooner" (adopting the diet change), but I know I can't focus on the "why's" and "what if's", it does nothing to help. I'm reading EVERYTHING available to me to learn what I'm up against and I have a book on order at Chapters called, "Never leave your wingman". It's by a woman named Dionne Warner who happens to be Canadian and a 7 time Cancer survivor. Inspiration like that is what I want to read and immerse myself in.

Thank you toban and princessjen, he's kind of been a stubborn squatter. I DID serve him an eviction notice on Oct 21, 2010. Guess he didn't get it!

And holly, it's so nice to see you too, I've missed all of you guys. Now I need to find all the cute puppy/kids threads to laugh and smile at on here lol. I'm surrounding myself with positive things, positive vibes and sweeping all negativity to the curb. I truly believe in making a serene environment in aiding healing.

Oh btw... if there are any vegetarians here that have some recipes they could share with me I'd love to grab them from you. I'm getting some shopping done Tuesday so I'm doing my grocery list now. I'm excited to experiment with some dishes next week.
    Name:  77c9bb960574a665e9adb4701df687ca.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  32.3 KB

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Morning Tara. I hope you slept well last night. My dd Ashley is a vegetarian now and I know she makes some amazing things. I can ask her for some of her better tasting recipes and forward them to you. I made her a tofurky at Thanksgiving and I must say, it was really good. It was a recipe I found online I can send it to you if you would like
    Andit, TaraF, Patty Smyth and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Holly I did have a goodnight last night which was nice. The past few nights have been choppy but I think it's due to the pressure in my head. No matter how I lay my head it just hurts. The nausea, however, is constant. I would love a tofurky recipe when you get the chance. Thank you so much. I am finding that dinner time meals are the hardest recipes to come up with so I was forced to purchase some books online. I don't know when they'll get here or if I'll even like what they offer for recipes. lol But you gotta start somewhere.

Name:  quotes and sayings of life (3).jpg
Views: 253
Size:  11.6 KB

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

5 (16 ounce) packages extra firm tofu
    2 tablespoons sesame oil

1 red onion, finely diced

1 1/3 cups diced celery

1 cup chopped mushrooms

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/8 cup dried sage

2 teaspoons dried thyme

salt and pepper to taste

1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary

• 1/4 cup tamari
    • 3 cups prepared herb stuffing

• 1/2 cup sesame oil
    • 1/4 cup tamari
    • 2 tablespoons miso paste
    • 5 tablespoons orange juice
    • 1 teaspoon honey mustard
    • 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
    • 3 sprigs fresh rosemary

Directions

1. Line a medium sized, round colander with a cheese cloth or a clean dish towel. Place the crumbled tofu in the colander. Place another cheese cloth over the top of the tofu. Place the colander over the top of a bowl to catch the liquid. Place a heavy weight on top of tofu. Refrigerate the colander, tofu and weight for 2 to 3 hours.
    2. Make the stuffing: In a large frying pan saute onion, celery and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil until tender. Add the garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper, rosemary and 1/4 cup of the tamari. Stir well; cook for 5 minutes. Add prepared herb stuffing and mix well. Remove from heat.
    3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
    4. Combine 1/2 cup sesame oil, 1/4 cup tamari, miso, orange juice, mustard and orange zest in a small bowl; mix well.
    5. Remove the weight from the tofu. Hollow out the tofu so that there is one inch of tofu still lining the colander. Place the scooped out tofu in a separate bowl. Brush the tofu lining with a small amount of the miso seasoning. Scoop the stuffing into the center of the tofu shell. Place the leftover tofu on top of the stuffing and press down firmly. Turn the stuffed tofu onto the prepared cookie sheet. Putting the leftover tofu side of the "turkey" (the flat side) down. Gently press on the sides of the "turkey" to form a more oval shape. Brush the tofu turkey with 1/2 of the oil-tamari mixture. Place the sprigs of rosemary on top of the tofu. Cover the "turkey" with foil.
    6. Bake for one hour. After one hour, remove "turkey" from the oven and remove the foil. Baste the "turkey" with the remaining tamari-oil sauce (reserving 4 tablespoons of sauce). Return "turkey" to oven and bake another hour or until the tofu turkey is golden brown. Place the tofu turkey on a serving platter, brush with the remaining tamari-oil mixture and serve hot.

I made this for Ashley at thanksgiving and it was really good

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you for the recipe holly - my mouth is watering already! It's very interesting, I'm the one with cancer facing treatment and my husband and mother are the 2 moodiest people right now. My husband is sleeping a lot, and my mom is so grouchy. Me? I am oddly relaxed. And I like looking at Grumpy Cat. He makes me smile. Even if he IS dressed for Christmas. Which will be here sooner than you can say NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Name:  10580034_10154408548785258_1436057830678357100_n.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  39.5 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Wed, Jul 30th, 2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Andit and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Well I haven't heard from the surgeon but my Oncology nurse called me about 2 hours ago and said my Oncologist wants to see me tomorrow at 9am. She said I'd be meeting with the entire team to be discussing all options available and that the appointment would take about 3-4 hours. Talk about upping my anxiety level about 1000 notches.

I don't know what to expect but I am taking my husband and Mom with me and they will be taking notes. It seems kind of like the last time, every thing is moving so fast. That could be a good thing.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just breathe.

It's good they are moving quickly. I mean, do you really wanna sit and stew about it for a few months? Naaaaaa. Get in there and figure out where you're at and then you know what you're dealing with because the unknown is a helluva lot scarier than knowing what you're working with and what the plan of attack is going to be.

You've got family going in there with you tomorrow and your other family right here waiting to support you as well.

Name:  20110713162649_always-remember.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  37.3 KB
    Mia001, Andit, Natalka and 2 others like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Well I haven't heard from the surgeon but my Oncology nurse called me about 2 hours ago and said my Oncologist wants to see me tomorrow at 9am. She said I'd be meeting with the entire team to be discussing all options available and that the appointment would take about 3-4 hours. Talk about upping my anxiety level about 1000 notches.

I don't know what to expect but I am taking my husband and Mom with me and they will be taking notes. It seems kind of like the last time, every thing is moving so fast. That could be a good thing.
    That's good, better to deal with things quickly.

I'm SO very glad your husband and mom have come around and are supporting you - hoping that continues for you.

Time for you to come first!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

While I know (logically) it's best to get things done as quick as possible, there's always that little thought in my head, "why are they moving so fast?". Even though the rational part of me realizes it could be anything from they had a last minute cancellation they wanted to fill to yeah, it could be they want to move fast for a reason. I guess I'm the kind of person that hopes for the best but I prepare for the worst. So I'm not totally blind sided if something bad does happen.

Yes Natalka, they both have seem to come out of their "funks" and are now on the same page as me regarding being positive and just fighting my little heart out.

I gave myself a manicure tonight for tomorrow. lol I figure if I look good, I feel good. And that is half the battle!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i'll be thinking of you TaraF, good luck for tomorrow!
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 2 others like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good thoughts directed your way Tara!!! Thanks for updating us.
    As for your mom and husband. . . I guess they're just human and they love you and they're scared too. I'm glad they're perking up. It sounds like they stepping up to the plate.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information