User Tag List

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree2694Likes

Thread: Horatio update: Post radiation results in

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tara, thanks for checking in. I hope you have a great time at the concert! I listened to him in the early 80's, great music! Sending you positive wishes.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hope you and yours are managing alright,hopefully this warmer weather will help.Although I haven't been around much lately I've remembered you in thought and prayer.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi Tara, my lady!

The signs of spring have started to spring. Someone told me that when you smell a skunk, you know spring is here! Yuck! I'd rather "HEAR" the robins - and I have and "SEE" a robin - as I did this morning - and I have to wash my dogs feet when we come in because it's MUDDY instead of icy where we walk.

I hope you enjoyed your concert! I'll tell you that I went to see a concert in Detroit celebrating the Motown Sound which I grew up with. One of the performers had to use a walker to get out on the stage but BOY he still sounded great! Bryan isn't THAT far along yet!

Think of you lots and sending supportive thoughts your way. My dh had his surgery about 10 days ago and we wait 6 more weeks to see if it was a success. Then we can start planning for little "out of the area" trips. His daughter is pregnant with a little girl to be born around the beginning of July. I'm hoping we can make a little jaunt out to Colorado to welcome her into the world!

Take care! And blessings to your dh who is your guardian angel!
    Skippy, Natalka, TaraF and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

oh toban I had a magical weekend, thanks for asking. Took my mind off of life. Was nice. Thank you so much Skippy I do very much appreciate it. Avon lemme tell you just looking outside and seeing the sun still out a TINY bit until 7:30 is GLORIOUS! It really does put a spring in my step. Although I've unfortunately been sick. *grumbles* I wish I could stay out of trouble, I really do.

I saw my neurologist on Thursday regarding my seizures which are ridiculously out of control but like the man he is he made total sense. lol He said there is no point in increasing my meds as my seizures are being caused by brain swelling and anti epileptic drugs aren't going to help that, so I have to get the brain swelling under control. How that is going to happen I have no clue as I've been off of my steroids for the brain swelling for a week tomorrow and the pressure and nausea has been back for 2 days now. *sighs* I'm noting patterns and am keeping an eye on that. I also have a few other issues I'm dealing with that my nurse thinks could be side effects from my steroid use so I have to call my family Dr in the morning to try and get in to see him asap. Other than that though I'm feeling great! I really do love having the window open some with the slightly cool breeze coming in and seeing the sunshine, blue sky and hearing the birds. It certainly is uplifting and gets me through the day!
    Last edited by TaraF; Sun, Mar 15th, 2015 at 10:29 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, good heavens, Tara, he was no help at all, then?! Can you go back on the steroids to reduce the swelling? I sure hope your dr can be of some use to you. How can anyone expect you to just put up with those seizures?!
    Although an open window would be wonderful, it's only hitting about +5-7 so it's still darn cold, but yesssss, that sunshine helps make everything better. Now if that white crap would just continue to disappear, and at a faster clip!
    Take care, Sweetheart....

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Wellll...... that's the thing Lynn. The steroids are leaving my immune system less than stellar as they are immune-suppressing drugs and so they do leave you more susceptible to getting infections. And I did go to the Dr's today as per my nurse's instructions only to be shoved to the hospital by him to have a minor surgical procedure to take care of said issue. Pfffft. Both my family Dr and the ER Dr lectured me about the effects of long term dexamethasone use and what it does to the immune system and yada-yada. And without skipping a beat they both threw me being diabetic and therefore a slow wound healer and "susceptible to catching infections" in my face lol I have to go back to the hospital Wed for follow up, to remove packing, etc. Double Pffft. lol I wish I could stay out of trouble, I don't go looking for it. I swear.

I really am yearning for +15 - +20 weather. *sighs*. Next week is spring and I do NOT want to see any snow on the ground. I might just rent a blow torch. lol Fake it 'til ya make it. As long as it doesn't look like it outside the immediate area I will feel better lol.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, my poor dear Tara......

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I hope your health is improving along with the weather. You are still being prayed for often
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Tara, I think of you every day and hope that you are able to enjoy all the lovely moments you can! In church tomorrow I'm launching a "remembrance book" for our minister who is leaving. He has been wonderful for our congregation - just a very young man but full of enthusiasm and lots of great ideas. I'll pray for you during our "Prayers for the People."
    I'm sorry to hear of your various troubles - X helps Y but causes B which affects Z. Yikes!
    I'm going to a lovely outdoor spa next week during a "girls" getaway to celebrate 2 birthdays and a successful wrestle with breast cancer by my friend. She is making a piece of art and has asked all her friends to contribute to it, to celebrate her successful journey. I'll send you some bubbles of support!
    The red-winged blackbirds have been squawking at the dogs and me as we walk around the pond and we have 2 mallard "couples" swimming and walking on the ice of the pond.
    There is also a Canada Goose couple that were here last year that have been checking us out.
    We gave our dogs a bath today and our champaigne coloured mini-poodle went back to whitish instead of greyish.

Do you have any pets?
    Wishing you all the positive times you deserve!
    Your friend!
    Skippy, TaraF and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you Skippy I appreciate it, I think the weather forgot that it was spring though lol. We'll get there, right? It still hasn't stopped me from walking though, I'm determined to press on.

avon that's so very sweet, thank you, I do hope you enjoy your spa weekend it sounds lovely, and congratulations to your friend! I love that you have goose and mallard couples lol that's just cute. I really need to get my butt on the bus and get to the beach when the weather gets warmer (I'm not that far really) so I can walk along the boardwalk and just take in some nature and beautiful surroundings. Granted I think I need some +20 weather first.

Any time we washed our pup she always managed to get that nice coat back too lol amazing what a bath can do, took a few years off of her. I miss the little ragga muffin. *sighs* But I do still have my cat, koshka. This is her and how you can find her most of the day. She's going to be 12 next month. How old are your pups?
    Name:  koshka1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  51.7 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi Tara! My doggies are a 9 year old mini poodle (Jesse) and a 7 year old mini schnauzer (MAX).
    My friends and I had a very nice time up in Collingwood. Lots of chatting and laughing, good food and reading and reminiscing and sharing. Just the ticket to dispel these horrible winter blahs. (The weather wasn't the greatest but it didn't matter.)

We shopped in second-hand and consignment stores and bought interesting things.

When I got back home, all the ice on the pond was gone! So we're moving forward towards spring! Soon you'll be out on that beach before you know it.

Sending good thoughts your way. Best wishes!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Mar 26th, 2015 at 09:16 PM.
    Skippy and TaraF like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I'm glad you had a wonderful time avon, and that the ice is melting! Though I stepped outside just now and um...IT'S COLD!!! I don't think Spring will ever come. lol Actually I THINK we are suppose to get snow overnight. *gulps*

Oh...I visited my Dr on Thursday for a "routine" appointment and we discussed what's been going on with me as he believes that I could be dealing with some fall outs of radiation or something else completely. Before I left his office I had an appointment in hand for tests the next day and before I left for my tests Friday I had a referral to a new Dr for an appointment on April 13th. I was told Friday that my Dr should have my test results in a day or 2 so I called today. I was told that while the results were in my file the secretary couldn't give me the results over the phone. I didn't ask her to but they've always given me my MRI results over the phone when they are clear, so that kind of bothered me. FYI this test was not an MRI. She said "it isn't urgent, however, the results have been forwarded over to the Dr you're going to see on the 13th and you'll go over them with them at that time, but I can't give them to you over the phone. "

She said if I wanted to make an appointment to see my family Dr that he could go over them with me but otherwise I'd have to wait to go over them with the Dr on the 13th. I'm not making an appointment to sit in my Doctors office for 2 hrs to get test results that I'll be getting in 2 weeks time. It will be an annoying 2 weeks because even though I was told it isn't urgent, the fact that it was forwarded to the other Dr, or I could come in to go over the results means something showed up on it. *sighs* I've played the waiting game before and it's just another round of it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tara, good thing all the docs are on the ball - but I'm sure the waiting is difficult.

I never knew you had a Russian kitty, she's beautiful!

Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Mar 31st, 2015 at 11:03 PM.
    Skippy, Horndogg and TaraF like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Luck!! for clean test results Tara
    Skippy, Horndogg and TaraF like this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm sorry about the waiting game,hopefully this promised warm weather will help with it .You're an amazing person and have a great attitude.
    Continued prayer offered.
    Horndogg and TaraF like this.

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information