User Tag List

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2694Likes

Thread: Horatio update: Post radiation results in

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Well I knew I was losing hair (it was on my pillow every morning), and I could see I was bald at the sides, I also thought I was thinning at the back right, but I oddly retained my hair on top. It was the weirdest balding pattern ever. Well tonight I decide to look in the mirror and lift up my hair. Big mistake lol. I come out and declare "I'm bald!" to hear, "you didn't know that?". Guess I was the last to know. lol I'm not totally bald but about 50% + now I'd say. I only have 2 radiations left but the effects last for a month after and I can still lose my hair during that time, so who knows if I will lose anymore. You have to see the weird way my hair has come out, and why I didn't realize how blad I really was.

Side by side comparison from the back. The left is my hair combed down. Yes I have hair on the top of my head and because it was long it covers the back! It's like a built in wig lol The right hand side is that hair held up and the bald all the way around. I was blissfully ignorant until tonight. lol Oh well.

Name:  whoa.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  29.4 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Welllll...at least you don't have to do a comb-over.....

Your skin looks so sore...does it hurt? Do you have cream or something better to use to soothe your skin?
    Man, o-man, what you've gone though, poor Kitten.....

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

True! I don't have to dress as The Donald for Halloween. WHEW! lol My skin isn't sore, it's just tight around the front where it's really burnt, but it is extremely itchy everywhere. I have some cream but they want me to "use it sparingly until treatment is done". Which is tomorrow. Then apparently I can bathe in it. lol So come tomorrow IT'S ON! I've noticed it does help when I use it though. I woke up horribly nauseated this morning (no clue why) so I took some pills and just hoping they kick in before we have to jump on the highway to return to the Lodge. *sighs* It will be nice to be back here at home tomorrow and not have to be at the Lodge. Oh so nice.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Tara is the cream you apply a prescription or just something they provide you with? For sure bathe in it afterwards and that itchiness will hopefully subside. Hoping your nausea passes too before your treatment appointment.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

TWO MORE. and no more lodge! The end of a long trail for you, Hon, and I can just imagine the difference in your attitude between your first treatment day and today and tomorrow. I doubt you'll be bouncing in there, but I'm pretty sure you'll be darn anxious to get it over with!
    Take care, Sweetheart....hugs to you and to your hubby....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Walks it's just a Glaxal base cream, I picked up in a big tub at Costco, no scrip, nothing fancy. If that didn't work my Oncologist said to use a corticosteroid but it DOES work, it's just they prefer you don't gob it on during treatment. So......tomorrow is my LAST treatment. YAY!!! And I'm going to start putting that stuff on like every hour lol. The nausea settled before treatment which was nice and I totally gave in to having a nap. I just woke up after having fell asleep after this mornings treatment. Guess I needed it!

Yep Lynn...JUST ONE MORE! YAY! It will be nice to be home tomorrow and not have to return. So nice.
    Last edited by TaraF; Mon, Sep 29th, 2014 at 02:52 PM.
    madchives, strew, Kitty77 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last treatment day! Last Lodge day! Yay, Tara!
    And then HOME SWEET HOME!!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Yes Lynn! I'm home! Yay!!!! To say I'm excited is really an understatement! lol It's nice to be home! And here is the contraption I had to be bolted into daily for 6 weeks. Lovely isn't it? I brought it home and have no idea what to do with it. lol Name:  headmask.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  102.3 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh my! It looks nothing like I had imagined. Just so glad you are finally finished with the trips and treatments Tara. Enjoy your home time now for sure.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good homey morning, Tara!
    That's quite the contraption for sure....it looks....taller than I thought it would be. Kind-of spooky, eh? Drape a sheet over it for Halloween and scare kids!

Relax and enjoy your home....have a restful day, Sweetie....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I am so happy for you that you are done with these treatments. Now rest well and enjoy your home........................
    TaraF, avoncallingu and IthinkIcan like this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Yes Lynn! I'm home! Yay!!!! To say I'm excited is really an understatement! lol It's nice to be home! And here is the contraption I had to be bolted into daily for 6 weeks. Lovely isn't it? I brought it home and have no idea what to do with it. lol Name:  headmask.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  102.3 KB
    I'm glad you are home Tara, I have that to look forward?? too in the new year. I will hopefully going to Kitchener.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yaay!!! for your milestone Tara
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information