User Tag List

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2694Likes

Thread: Horatio update: Post radiation results in

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Relax this weekend, Tara....release tensions...regain your strength...luv and gentle hugs....

Andit, TaraF, Dee09 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Lynn I think it depends on what Dr you talk to, on whether the chemo will even make a difference lol However, I do know my body feels better when I'm only doing radiation. I do meet with Dr. Torres on Tuesday though and my hubby and I will have a sheet full of questions in hand!

Avon I don't know what is available around the cancer centre but I would imagine there would be something, and we should probably look into it. It's been quite taxing thus far emotionally. And I love fall too! It's gotta be my favourite time of year.

I'm trying to rest walks...trying. My body is fighting me and I want to punch it. I think that would be totally counter productive though. lol

Oh Holly, the Lodge, while they have a RN on, isn't a "staffed" lodge, so they don't administer anything to you. They've been quite great with running around, making the phone calls, bringing me the things I need, making sure I'm ok, getting me where I need to go, etc, they can't actually really do anything for me. Unless I'm choking. lol

See the thing is regarding the chemotherapy drug I'm on... I'm not compatible with it. And I'm wondering if this is why I'm having such a hard go? Back in 2010 after I had my surgery and my first Oncology visit I had a blood test to see if I was compatible for Temodal, I wasn't so that's why I went into observation. Then after my July scan they were going to just do radiation because they believed it would get it all, but Dr. Torres comes along and says that studies have suggested that even if you aren't compatible to the drug that there is benefit to taking the chemotherapy with the radiation together. Ummm maybe, maybe not. But maybe not if it's tearing me up like this. I looked Temodal up on wiki.

Temozolomide (brand names Temodar andTemodal and Temcad) is an oral chemotherapy drug. It is an alkylating agent used for the treatment of Grade IV astrocytoma — an aggressive brain tumor, also known as glioblastoma multiforme — as well as for treating melanoma, a form of skin cancer. Temozolomide is also indicated for relapsed Grade III anaplastic astrocytoma and not indicated for, but as of 2011 used to treat oligodendroglioma brain tumors in some countries, replacing the older (and less well tolerated) PCV (Procarbazine-Lomustine-Vincristine) regimen.

What I found interesting when reading the above is that my brain tumour was (when biopsied in 2010) a grade 2 oligoastrocytoma. So it was a mixture of an actrocytoma and an oligodendroglioma, which noted above as of 2011 is not indicated for but is used to treat tumours more like my own. So perhaps we're crap shooting with my chemotherapy here? Or maybe I'm a guinea pig and I'm unaware? I still think I might be reacting to it the way I am because I'm not compatible to it thus I want to speak to the Dr and ask my questions.
    Last edited by TaraF; Sat, Aug 30th, 2014 at 04:30 PM.
    strew, Andit, avoncallingu and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, Tara...I hope Dr Torres has some pretty darn good answers to your questions! You know your body best, and with previous tests indicating that Temodar isn't compatible with your body, it's a wonder why he feels that you can now take it! As much as we want to encourage you, to say,"keep going!", "you can do it!"..we also know that any decision you make is never made lightly, but with much research and thought, so we'll be here with you, supporting you, cheering you on, sending up prayers and healing throughts, always, until you're well and back on your feet again. Promise!
    Gentle hugs, Sweetheart
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sorry you had such a wretched week Tara and am so glad you're much better now. Rest up well.
    Sending positive thoughts and light your way.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Tara, I wasn't aware that you weren't compatible with the Temodal. That brings a whole different light to things. If what you read is in fact true, than I would be questioning the Dr for sure. I was told that my best chances were, and in most cases with anyone being treated, that doing both regimes at the same time has the best results in stopping the tumors in their tracks. If there is shown proof that this may not be the best coarse of treatment for you, with your body not being tolerant of it, I''m wondering why the Dr. would suggest it. Especially when they know how ill you're becoming from it. It makes me really angry that they would put you through this if it's just a "GUESS" approach. You don't need to be a guinea pig!!!! Grrrr.

Would any of the the specific targeted therapies work better perhaps. Something like imatinib or
    bortezombib. Ask your Dr. about ALL possible options hun..

Please try and get some rest this weekend. Miss you on here and thinking of you bunches
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 3 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't be afraid to push for answers to some hard questions here Tara. It's YOUR life on the line and not time for doctor to play God. Keep up the MOST AMAZING good work Tara. You deserve a standing ovation!!
    Andit, TaraF, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope you are feeling well enough to enjoy a bit of the long weekend, Tara.

Andit, TaraF, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, I like your new avatar--> one tough cookie
    strew, Andit, TaraF and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hello Tara. Thinking about you today and hoping that today is a good day for you!
    Andit, TaraF, ROMEO and 3 others like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I hope you get the answers you need and the treatment.
    Keeping you in my thoughts.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I am so sorry Tara. Damn Horatio. I did not know about this and I wish I could take it all away from you. Stay strong little one, we are here for you. Thinking of you.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

This weekend has come and gone very quickly and it's been far from relaxing. I can't believe I have to start packing to go back tomorrow, but on the upside I only have 4 days of radiation this week. Yay! And I see Dr. Torres tomorrow to discuss the chemotherapy.

As much as the ladies at the lodge are amazing it's just nice to be home and I have come to look forward to being home on the weekends. I like kitty cuddles with my baby girl too. Name:  1.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  23.8 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Mon, Sep 1st, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Tara, you just pull on those worrior panties (the pair without the lace) tomorrow and confront Dr Torres during your nquisition, and insist on getting straight answers to you questions! Bless his heart, he's probably relaxing today, unaware of who and what is going to hit him tomorrow! Hah!

Enjoy your kitty snuggles today, Hon, and best of luck tomorrow and please let us know what Torres had to say for himself.

Sending Angels and blessings every day, Tara...
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

A new month, a new beginning. thank you Tara for all of the stuff here you have helped me so very much. I hope your week goes better this time.
    I start Chemo tomorrow and I'm ready, not scared but nervous. Thanks
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Horndogg View Post
    A new month, a new beginning. thank you Tara for all of the stuff here you have helped me so very much. I hope your week goes better this time.
    I start Chemo tomorrow and I'm ready, not scared but nervous. Thanks
    Thank you Horndogg, and Goodluck to you! If I read previous you had the Picc line in so you're doing it via IV, everyone's experience is different. Just always know that as the patient you have the right to ask questions at any time. ALWAYS. I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information