User Tag List

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2694Likes

Thread: Horatio update: Post radiation results in

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

OMG Tara, you are an ANGEL and you have such a good sense of humor. I love it. Just readind some of your post make's me possitive and some of them looks like you are the one helping us with your possitive attitude.

You are a brave woman, God bless you. Again, I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep strong and take good care......
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Your pony-tail is thick and beautiful. It must feel good to donate it to help others.
    What a wonderful thing to do at a time like this instead of keeping it in a box and feeling sad.
    Your attitude and humour is inspiring.
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 3 others like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tara, I 'm so sorry your have to endure all of this. I admire your strength and courage . Sending positive vibes your way.
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I thank you all for your kind words but I really believe that you must either laugh or cry. I refuse to cry. I refuse to have a pity party for myself. I refuse to ask "why me?", because at the end of the day in this vast universe I am nobody special, and the real question should be, "why not me?". No one said life would be easy and I have a great appreciation for life in general. For the life I've had so far and for the life I intend to continue to have for many years from now. Now when the fatigue of radiation hits I do know I'll be sleeping a lot more, but I'm going to let my body take the steps it needs to heal. But I also intend to get the exercise I should be getting as well.

My Husband and my Mom have been talking to people around the apartment here informing them of my upcoming treatment. The consensus has been, "She doesn't look sick, I wouldn't have known she was sick." Good. Because I intend to keep it that way.

Name:  000_0003_06.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  73.8 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You are tougher . Hope you get some good rest and my thoughts are with you when you get back into the fight next week.
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I thank you all for your kind words but I really believe that you must either laugh or cry. I refuse to cry. I refuse to have a pity party for myself. I refuse to ask "why me?", because at the end of the day in this vast universe I am nobody special, and the real question should be, "why not me?". No one said life would be easy and I have a great appreciation for life in general. For the life I've had so far and for the life I intend to continue to have for many years from now. Now when the fatigue of radiation hits I do know I'll be sleeping a lot more, but I'm going to let my body take the steps it needs to heal. But I also intend to get the exercise I should be getting as well.

My Husband and my Mom have been talking to people around the apartment here informing them of my upcoming treatment. The consensus has been, "She doesn't look sick, I wouldn't have known she was sick." Good. Because I intend to keep it that way.

Name:  000_0003_06.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  73.8 KB
    You freaking rock Tara!!!
    anisa, Andit, TaraF and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Walks, what does a girl say to that? lol But thank you, and I am just trying to cope with things as best I can. It doesn't mean there aren't a few things that don't have me anxious. Such as the fact my Oncologist has said that radiation will likely increase my seizures, or the fact that he is really reluctant to put me on dexamethasone even as my brain swells during treatment. But what keeps me smiling is knowing that 6 weeks isn't a long time, it's only one and a half months. That comes and goes so incredibly fast, all the time. It will be done in no time. And I will be past this chapter.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    ... But what keeps me smiling is knowing that 6 weeks isn't a long time, it's only one and a half months. That comes and goes so incredibly fast, all the time. It will be done in no time. And I will be past this chapter.
    omg. I am seriously at a loss for words; reading all of your posts amazes me. Your strength. Your courage. Your positive attitude.

You are one amazing woman!!!!
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 2 others like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Thinking of you Tara, take care!!!
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

ninna I'm actually getting really anxious now. lol I just want to start and get it done with.

My Oncologist wants to start me on the new radiation machines, so now I sit and wait. *sighs* Not that I'm an eager beaver to actually do radiation, I just hate waiting. I'm a pretty impatient patient. Trusting that this new machine is better?

And thank you Kitty77.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

pretty impatient patient......I agree, I remember your pics on here, very pretty indeed!!
    Andit, TaraF and avoncallingu like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

am thinking of you.....................
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

swinging by to send you some good cancer kickin', horatio screw you'ing vibes!

Get out there and kick cancer's butt again, we know you've got this!
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Oh Walks you flatter me so. Thank you. And thank you McSkier and gourmetsue. I'm still playing the waiting game. I hate it. I really hate it. Though it has allowed me to make a last minute appointment for teeth cleaning with my Dentist before treatment. I have such a scratchy throat today and I swear it's because my Oncologist took me off of all of my vitamins and garlic tablet I was taking daily. We'll see how being off of my Vitamin D plays out considering I'm deficient in D it due to my seizure medication. This (below) is what I need to keep reminding myself of. lol

Name:  relax-breathe-be-patient-inspirational-quotes.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  65.3 KB

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 3 others like this.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information