User Tag List

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2694Likes

Thread: Horatio update: Post radiation results in

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, my dear heart.....I'm so...mad, sad, disappointed...that your tumour has shown it's ugly self again. Crap! You're a strong woman, but geez, anyone would feel so defeated, getting this news again. But not you, Hon, you have inner strength and resources that insist you keep going, keep positive, forge on.

Know that we're all with you, Tara, surrounding you with hugs, sharing our strength, positive thoughts and prayers.
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

(((hugs)))
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

this sucks, stay strong and know everyone is here for you.
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Lynn, we all have our battles (one way or another) mine happens to be Horatio, the bugger. When having a lenghtly discussion with the MRI technician she was saying she had a gentleman come in with a brain tumour that was very bitter, he had a "why me" attitude. She said he was very fit, had obviously taken care of himself and just couldn't understand it. I said that I understand the emotion behind it, I mean who doesn't ask the question but really, why not you? No one is anything special compared to the next person that they do or do not deserve to get cancer more or less than the next person. No one deserves to have more trials than anyone else. You just have to deal with the hand you're dealt. This is mine. Doesn't mean I have to like it, but it's my hand. I do greatly appreciate the support from everyone here though, Thank you.

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  87.6 KB

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

That really suck. Having a positive attitude and being stubborn can go along way to recovery. Keep your chin up and kick his a**
    Andit, TaraF, Patty Smyth and 5 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Tara, I dont know you but I sure wish you all the luck in the world. Hugs......................
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So sorry to hear of your setback Tara. Will send prayers and healing thoughts your way.
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 4 others like this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Lynn, we all have our battles (one way or another) mine happens to be Horatio, the bugger. When having a lenghtly discussion with the MRI technician she was saying she had a gentleman come in with a brain tumour that was very bitter, he had a "why me" attitude. She said he was very fit, had obviously taken care of himself and just couldn't understand it. I said that I understand the emotion behind it, I mean who doesn't ask the question but really, why not you? No one is anything special compared to the next person that they do or do not deserve to get cancer more or less than the next person. No one deserves to have more trials than anyone else. You just have to deal with the hand you're dealt. This is mine. Doesn't mean I have to like it, but it's my hand. I do greatly appreciate the support from everyone here though, Thank you.

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  87.6 KB
    I'm so glad to hear you have such a sensible attitude about this Tara. So many people agonize, blame or feel victimized, but as an inspired wise man once wrote. . . . " I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all. ​Ecclesiastes 9:11

"
    Unless we live in a bubble, anything can happen to any of us at any time. While many of us bring things upon ourselves (like debt) having a Horatio in your head is not one of them. I'm afraid these days you are having a lot of company as so many people are affected by cancers and disease. It's a good time for all of us to reflect on the fact that it could happen to us, so we should live our lives with good priorities and appreciation for what we have. . .which obviously you are a good example of Tara. Keep up the good work and the good attitude!
    Last edited by MortgageQueen; Sat, Jul 26th, 2014 at 01:32 AM.
    Judstir, Andit, TaraF and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Anything can (and does) happen. I look at the young kids at the cancer centre and if ANYONE has the right to say "why me?" it's them. Those precious little kids that have never done a thing in the world to anyone. On that note, every time I go to my Oncology meetings I take new, unused toys to the front desk so the ladies can give them to the younger cancer patients that come through. Sometimes they take them up to the hospital or over to McMaster, this time they asked if they could split them between the Juravinski cancer patients and McMaster kids. I said to use them wherever they could. After recieving the news from my Oncologist I turned the corner out the door to see a girl about 4 dancing with a huge smile on her face, holding one of the large pink bunnies we brought. I turned to my husband and I said, "that's exactly what I needed right now." This is the haul we took on Thursday with us.

Name:  kc1.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  97.4 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Tara, my Sweetheart, you truly are an inspiration to us all. It's an honour to share this site with you.
    Andit, TaraF, avoncallingu and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Tara, my Sweetheart, you truly are an inspiration to us all. It's an honour to share this site with you.
    I agree 100%. that Tarra is a great inspiration to all of us. For me also it is an honnor to share this site with you......

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

You have a great attitude and you're an amazing person to be able to think about others while dealing with this.
    I'm sure positive thoughts kills cancer cell. Prays too, sending up one right now for you.
    Judstir, Andit, TaraF and 4 others like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've noted your absence over the past months Tara and wondered how you were doing. I'm so sorry you were dealing with this bugger again. Man. *uck cancer.
    Good to see you've embraced several positives and they are important for sure. I'm also sending my prayer and positive thoughts your way too. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Tara, you tackled this demon before with such strength, grace and determination! I was hoping your absence meant that things were fine. I am certain that a positive attitude stacks the deck in your favour! Thanks for the honour of returning to share your story with us. We are all pulling for you! Prayers and hugs your way!!!
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Well you guys are seriously going to make me blush, but thank you. Honestly, it's my honour to share this site with all of you. I mean we are all total strangers, and yet, countless times you have all rushed to offer support to not only myself, but others that are dealing with their own battles with cancer, or any issues. It's a testament to the wonderful hearts you all have. I owe you guys a lot. For saving my sanity on many days. Trust me. So thank you.

Oh, I have adopted an organic vegetarian diet immediately upon my oncology results. Knowing the effects of flour, sugar and animal protein on cancer cells I'm trying to starve my tumour into submission. I am hoping to even change the pathology of the tumour before I end up having surgery and they biopsy it. Perhaps it will even allow me to avoid radiation & chemo altogether. I'm trying to be optimistic on this because my first scan after my first surgery my tumour had actually shrunk upon a strict diet change, but I never stuck to it. Well I'm viewing it as life and death (good motivation) and a possible way to avoid chemo & radiation (REALLY good motivation) so I'm doing it this time.

Name:  quotes and sayings of life (13).jpg
Views: 3443
Size:  32.7 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Sun, Jul 27th, 2014 at 07:04 AM.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information