User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Any reviews for WOWbutter?

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Anyone ever try this WOWbutter stuff? IF you dont know what Im talking about its suppose to be the same as real peanut butter but made with soy so its safe to take to school and what not. I have a severely picky child (thats that putting it lightly) who is going to be in Grade 1 this coming school year and will be taking lunches daily. He is hellbent that he's going to be taking PB & J daily for lunch seeing hes not home for me to make him food.

I looked up this product and its almost $5 for a small 500mL jar at Walmart! I refuse to pay that much for something hes not going to touch!!

So just looking for others opinions before i go attempt to buy!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

My DD loves it!

I can usually find it on sale at Loblaws for $3.99. I've gotten 1000 point offers on it so I stock up when I can combine both deals.

I personally can't taste a difference. DD loves it on sandwiches! She takes one to school a couple times per week.

I also like it because under the label (the name label around the jar) there's little stickers that say something along the lines of "made with peanut free WOWbutter" so you can put it on the container so teachers know its not real PB.

For me its worth the money because DD is a picky eater and loves her PB so I just make WOWbutter ones and she's happy.

HTH

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Good to hear! Thanks Lola
    ROMEO and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I haven't tried that brand - but be darned if I can remember or find the name of the brand we tried when my son was in school (mind you that was a long time ago!).

It wasn't wonderful - and surely wasn't comparable to pb, that's for sure.

You also need to check if they are allowed to use soybutter - some divisions don't allow it because it looks too much like real pb and can confuse the kids. (yeah, I know...)

Son would eat it - but not really happily. I also didn't want to give it to him very often because we didn't really want him to have much soy at all since he is male.

His school was restricted not only from peanut products, but also any seeds or nuts - so any other type of spread was out of the window as well.

We just made do with all sorts of other types of sandwiches.
    Funny, where I as a mom found it most restrictive is that I use pb and/or nuts in a lot of home baking - so really had to alter the type of baking I did for snacks for school for him.
    scbpooh, ROMEO and ticul like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I HATE Peanut Butter! To me, it has a bad smell and makes my nose itch. I have never been able to eat it since I was a child.

With that said, I do like Wow Butter. It has the same texture as peanut butter, but without the side effects

You can usually get the small jar on sale at SDM for $3.99.

I agree re: Natalka about checking for soy bans.

Soy is known to cause anaphylaxis just like peanut butter so could be banned too
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Our DD bought it for our grandson, but he's not keen on it....nor real peanut butter, but she loves it and has never gone back to the peanut one.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I second this - both my kids can't tell the difference but I can but I still enjoy it

My kids were sick of taking the same stuff over and over and my oldest kept bugging me to take a PB&J sandwich

LOVE that they put stickers under the label so you can easily let others know it's safe

Great if your school has other allergies as well as it is not only peanut free but also tree nut, gluten, egg and dairy FREE

The biggest reason why I initially bought it as I too had a PC offer for it

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    My DD loves it!

I can usually find it on sale at Loblaws for $3.99. I've gotten 1000 point offers on it so I stock up when I can combine both deals.

I personally can't taste a difference. DD loves it on sandwiches! She takes one to school a couple times per week.

I also like it because under the label (the name label around the jar) there's little stickers that say something along the lines of "made with peanut free WOWbutter" so you can put it on the container so teachers know its not real PB.

For me its worth the money because DD is a picky eater and loves her PB so I just make WOWbutter ones and she's happy.

HTH

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My DS likes it, will eat sandwiches for lunch. It really doesn't taste like peanut butter to me, I prefer real pb, but it works for him.

I've never heard of restricting soy products for males, what's that about? I'm not concerned since this is really the only source of soy mine gets, and it's maybe a couple times a week during the school year.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We use it. My son wanted some for school - I find it tastes great, but the texture of what must be crunches up soybeans is a little weird to me because it is harder and crunchier than crunchy PB. Tastes great as replacement on PB&J sandwich though. I like that it comes with stickers you can stick on the lunch container so the school doesn't panic and take your child's lunch away.
    scbpooh, ROMEO, ticul and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Some people say there is a link between soy and estrogen in the body http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/...gative-effects

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    My DS likes it, will eat sandwiches for lunch. It really doesn't taste like peanut butter to me, I prefer real pb, but it works for him.

I've never heard of restricting soy products for males, what's that about? I'm not concerned since this is really the only source of soy mine gets, and it's maybe a couple times a week during the school year.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

We are going to give it a try for school this year. My little guy is a peanut butter aholic lol and insists he is taking PB&J to school. We were informed that at his school anything that looks like PB&J and does not have a label saying otherwise will be thrown away. So its nice they provide the labels on the jars.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

We have tried both Sunbutter(I love it but it does have a sunflower seed taste to it) and wow butter for my granddaughter. She is very fussy, to the point where I get very frustrated with her eating habits. She didn't like the sun butter, but she will have a PB and wow butter sandwich, she doesn't like it as much as peanut butter but will use it for school lunches.
    scbpooh, ROMEO, ticul and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's alright, nowhere near as good as the real thing however

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bowers View Post
    It's alright, nowhere near as good as the real thing however
    Agreed. To me it's not nearly as flavourful, but DS likes it enough to take it to school where peanuts are banned, this is the important thing.

Funny thing, the stickers under the label, I mentioned these on FB recently after the camp folks asked me via email if this was indeed Wowbutter as eight year old DS said it was. Fortunately I was able to reply quickly and DS's lunch didn't get tossed.

I thought I'd put a label on his sandwich, but might have forgotten. Anyhow, after that post a friend asked where I got the stickers. I told her where they came from the jar. She'd been buying Wowbutter for years, had never realized there were stickers under there!
    ticul likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I don't find it tastes like PB, but it's an okay replacement for PB-free lunches.
    ticul likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information