Thread: Favorite luxury bar soap

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whatever's on sale TBH.
    pippinelkhound and SharonMe like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I bought the Hannam soap by Yves Rocher. I got it when YR was having a promotion and got a full sized bottle of hydra vegetal face wash as well.
    The soap is nice. The fragrance if pretty mild, reminds me more of cedar than sandalwood.
    It left my skin soft. It's summer now so I don't have dry skin but will see how it does come winter.
    At $16 I probably won't repurchase but I think I got a good deal with the skin care product.
    I also got a sample of the hydra vegetal cream which I really like.
    French Lady likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Some interesting news...

I found out in some magazine (in Vogue, as I remember) that my favourite soap, Roger & Gallet, is Christian Louboutin's favourite soap as well
    SharonMe likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i hate soap. i hate the smell of it and the feel after. it's drying out my skin.
    SharonMe likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The Hannam soap by Yves Rocher often goes on sale at 2 for $16. I won't pay $16 for 1 bar.
    pippinelkhound and SharonMe like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

That's cool Mia, it must be a very nice soap! I'm looking forward to trying it.
    Bubbelinchen, you've never smelled a soap you like? Do you prefer liquid? I like many liquid soaps too and had been using them a lot but wanted to revisit the old fashion bar soap and find some new favorites. It can be drying but I really don't feel clean unless I use soap on those smelly places then I can move on to body washes or just use a good lotion after.
    Thanks French Lady, I will check for it on sale.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    That's cool Mia, it must be a very nice soap! I'm looking forward to trying it.
    Bubbelinchen, you've never smelled a soap you like? Do you prefer liquid? I like many liquid soaps too and had been using them a lot but wanted to revisit the old fashion bar soap and find some new favorites. It can be drying but I really don't feel clean unless I use soap on those smelly places then I can move on to body washes or just use a good lotion after.
    Thanks French Lady, I will check for it on sale.

all the soaps i smelled on yet and tried have this typical bar soap smell. i tried lavender soap,vanilla soap and so on... i still can smell this yucky soap! i love liquid soap,yes. if anyone here has any idea what soap bar smells amazing without this soap scent and that really moisturizes the skin i will gladly go out buy and try it. price doesn't matter.
    yes, soap cleans awesome, it's a squeaky clean feeling right after, but like i said, my skin feels so dry after and the smell while using it is terrible. :-( i wish i would find a bar that i love, then i sure would use bar soap over liquid soap.
    Last edited by Bubbelinchen; Fri, Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:09 PM.
    SharonMe likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Name:  Clear from the Mud.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  22.4 KBSoulEssentials Clear from the Mud organic Face Cleansing Powder is beautiful - made with only natural clays and plant based ingredients - helps acne and dry skin and is truly all natural! www.soulessentials.ca
    SharonMe likes this.
    Full Trade/Wish list found here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/lovethiscouponingthing/

Thanks to all the great traders on here

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For my body, I prefer liquid body wash. However I like a few bar soaps. Dove sensitive skin and The Body Shop Shea bar soap.
    itsmewhoelse and SharonMe like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I also prefer dove bar soap. Usually use the unscented or sensitive. Since developing fibro my sense of smell seems increased in that I can now smell more of the chemical bases used in most things. Cologne and perfume especially.
    Now for luxury bar soap I loved the rosemary and mint line that the Pan Pacific hotel uses https://shop.spautopia.ca/mobile/home.asp#home
    Last edited by itsmewhoelse; Mon, Sep 1st, 2014 at 07:29 PM.
    SharonMe likes this.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I've done a complete 180 on my soap journey.
    I've been using a Portugese washing soap called solarvar.
    It's been around for over a hundred years and has been used for laundry and personal hygeine.
    "Being more effective than normal soap, it was formerly used in to disinfect operating theatres. When the advent of the A-flu, the Portuguese health minister advised the population to use it as a substitute for the alcoholic hand cleaners that emerged at that time."
    http://www.theportugalonlineshop.com/solavar-azul-e-branco-laundry-household-soap-400g

I find it cleans really well. There's a blue and a pink version. I like the pink one.
    You can cut the large block up with a knife and use as needed.

I'm still planning on trying some of the wonderful soaps you all posted in time.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love sensitive skin Dove and Avon shower gels. Upper Canada Soap used to have an awesome milk soap but sadly it was discontinued. My favourite facial cleanser is Cetaphil in winter and SpectroDerm in the summer.
    SharonMe likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information