User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Out $40 grrrrr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay so my fault for being distracted. Went to RCSS today to pick up some things I needed specifically for a party I was going to tonight, was frustrated that they didn't have a couple of very important items and had less than helpful staff when trying yo find these items so not off to a good start. Then pay for my items at self check out but am distracted trying to figure out where I smart going to pick up these much needed items in the short time frame I was dealing. So I grab my groceries and run the store and we are driving own the road when I have. Holy s--t moment and realize that I not only left my receipt but also my $40 cash back so dh turns around and I run into store..receipt and cash gone. Spoke to cashier and she says sorry you are out of luck...and what really pissed me off...when she says well some lucky person got a nice bonus. Ummm no some unethical took advantage of the situation and took money they were not entitled to. I would never take money that I knew belonged to someone else.. They could have handed in and I could have been found through my pc plus number. Was not a happy camper. I know it is my fault but it hurts to lose $40 when you do end so time and effort to save $$$$. Thanks for listening
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's awful - and any amount of money is hard to lose.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Bummer! Maybe you'll get awesome deals in the near future which will make up for your loss

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Contact the store manager and request that s/he look into security camera footage>possible that zone is watched and could identify who the person was that took the receipt/money.
    It would have been helpful if staffer expressed empathy instead of the comment made about someone being lucky.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, it was bad, I hope somebody look at the video footage who really took your money and receipt with the card info

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i agree you should get the store manager or higher authorities for help. money is money, is $40, not $4 and the reaction of the cashier was not acceptable at all! she should of put the receipt and money aside and hope you will return for them or hand it over to the supervisor or manager on duty. seriously who knows, may be it was her who pocketed that money.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There should be video cameras in store recording what happened.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Okay so my fault for being distracted. Went to RCSS today to pick up some things I needed specifically for a party I was going to tonight, was frustrated that they didn't have a couple of very important items and had less than helpful staff when trying yo find these items so not off to a good start. Then pay for my items at self check out but am distracted trying to figure out where I smart going to pick up these much needed items in the short time frame I was dealing. So I grab my groceries and run the store and we are driving own the road when I have. Holy s--t moment and realize that I not only left my receipt but also my $40 cash back so dh turns around and I run into store..receipt and cash gone. Spoke to cashier and she says sorry you are out of luck...and what really pissed me off...when she says well some lucky person got a nice bonus. Ummm no some unethical took advantage of the situation and took money they were not entitled to. I would never take money that I knew belonged to someone else.. They could have handed in and I could have been found through my pc plus number. Was not a happy camper. I know it is my fault but it hurts to lose $40 when you do end so time and effort to save $$$$. Thanks for listening
    OMG I'm so sorry for you! Can't anyone be honest anymore??

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh that is awful. I would also speak with the manager, I don't know if really there is anything they can do the even if they look at the footage, if a customer took it? If a cashier well that is another issue. That employee certainly did not handle that well, very unprofessional.

Did you still have a nice time at the party? Hope you made the best of it anyway.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aw, sorry to hear that happened. It's an awful feeling I know.
    Hope you had a great time at the party though.
    ROMEO, hollyquaiscer and scouponer like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So sorry this happened to you!
    ROMEO and scouponer like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Unbelievable I used to work cash and there is most definitely cameras on the tills
    Try and recall the exact till, day and time. Check your bank statement if possible for the exact amount and give this information to the store manager.

the cashier should have handed the money and receipt to you it should not have been left behind
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Mon, Jul 28th, 2014 at 08:12 AM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sucks. But do you know if the cashier saw the money was there? I'm pretty sleepy, but I didn't read that in the original post, but it seems to be in all the comments. The money might have disappeared before she noticed

Also, her comment was rude. Worth talking to a manager and seeing if they can help (or even just address the rudeness)
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

That really sucks! I'm so sorry!

I've stopped doing cash back because of things like this. I find it hard enough to just cash out and use coupons/points. I too forgot cash back but it wasn't $40 like you. That's a lot.

It's unfortunate, the next person using that self serve till probably grabbed the cash and left.

Trying to see the good in people -- Maybe they did cash back also and didn't notice there was more than there should have been? Kind of makes it less hurtful...

Anyway sorry this happened to you!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Contact the store manager and request that s/he look into security camera footage>possible that zone is watched and could identify who the person was that took the receipt/money.
    It would have been helpful if staffer expressed empathy instead of the comment made about someone being lucky.
    yes!! Security camera should show something, perhaps it is worth a shot?
    Ciel, torontogal12 and scouponer like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information