User Tag List

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so ya'll wanna hear the funny part.. I actually got the job.... after sending an email to HO. wow.
    wonder who'll figure this one out first. was supposed to contact them yesterday to work out details for next week. ya right.
    anyway. its Friday. woohoo. thankfully my 'girls' are gone away so i can finish all their projects without worrying they'll walk in.
    then conquer a few new projects dh has me working on. he'll be gone all day Sunday. just me and da boyz. yay.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh and my ds had his appt yesterday. we need to look into a few things. if anyone knows anything about ODSP please message me privately. thanks.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  77.5 KB this is a pic of the chairs I found on side of road yesterday. Nice eh?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    so ya'll wanna hear the funny part.. I actually got the job.... after sending an email to HO. wow.
    wonder who'll figure this one out first. was supposed to contact them yesterday to work out details for next week. ya right.
    anyway. its Friday. woohoo. thankfully my 'girls' are gone away so i can finish all their projects without worrying they'll walk in.
    then conquer a few new projects dh has me working on. he'll be gone all day Sunday. just me and da boyz. yay.
    so is it good news that you got the job? Are you taking it?

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

sorry FBM guess i should have clarified, no im not taking that job. after the interview i had. pftt. their lucky im still a customer. if u want details you can PM me.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama you find awesome stuff -who would get rid of that -you have such luck at selling too
    -well today I have girl coming for boots that were my daughter's -money doesn't come to me thou
    -crocetlady -take it easonthe crafts your health is important -I heard that wax dips help really good

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Why is it that one night where you want to absolutely nothing everything happens? Last night I was not feeling the best, had a headache that would just not go away plus my stomach was bother me (I was hoping and praying I did not get what Mom had as we have golf this weekend and sick or not I would have to be there and sick on a golf course just does not sound fun) so I announced I was going to sit on my but and do nothing. Well the universe had another plan for me first my mushrooms and celery were dry so they needed to be turned into powder, I wanted to just put them in an air tight container and deal with them but Mom insisted if I wanted to make them into powder it had to be done last night. Well the celery sat too long cooling and got slightly soft again so it would not grind into a powder, after about 30 minutes of trying I gave it, it is in a container to be dealt with tonight. Than I remember that some of the blueberries in my lunch were moldy so those needed to frozen so off to sort blueberries. Finally think I can go sit down, nope the peaches are going to moldy so they need to be cut up and frozen. After all was said and done my plan of being in bed by 8 pm turned into 9 pm and there was not sitting on my butt in my chair.

So that is not all done but now I see the other head of celery needs to be dehydrated, it is really dark green and the flavour is not nice to eat so I will turn it into powder. As well I believe there are some green onions and various other things in the fridge that need to dealt with. Not sure if that will happen tonight or not as I am hoping to pop out to Wal-Mart and take advantage of a few of their sales. Some how we have run out of kleenex and Mom will only use puffs.

As much as I would like to do nothing this weekend it looks like it is going to be extremely buys between golfing and all of the things I need to complete around the house.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well sold my daughter boots/scarf 15.00 for her
    relaxing tonight

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi Everyone,I hope you are all doing great!!! Wishing you an amazing week end!!! Some of my goals had failed some get done.It really depend on my mood and patience lol.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

cath don't fret, I can't even remember my goals but I am sure I have not tackled any and you are absolutely correct it strongly depends on my mood. We do what we can...and the rest will come in time and maybe not but that's okay
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley hope your headache is gone now but oooy, it seems like when it rains it pours so to speak, wishing you an excellent time at the golf tournament, have fun and try and relax some

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning All,

Everyone is back and boy can you tell (lol) the socks on the floors, the dishes everywhere, gotta love them.

No official plans for today, going to see what dh has in mind, hoping to get him on board to tackle of the straggling projects from over the course of time. Time will see.

Did my groceries yesterday and boy was I ever nickel and diming everything I put in my cart but it had to be done. I got 4 whole chickens at FreshCo. ($2.00 lbs) was planning on getting much more but then noticed they had skinless but bone in chicken breast for $2.77lbs, thought that was a better deal in my opinion (any input on these 2 comparisons would be appreciated) so I ended up getting 6 packs. My plan of attack is to make 2 meals out of the chicken breasts so I create to come up with some creative recipes that everyone will eat or they can make themselves something else. In total I spent $165.19 so I have $34.81 left for the next 2 weeks for stapes such as milk, bread and produce for the kids lunches etc, I am only budgeting $200.00 every 2 weeks as that is all we can manage but I tell you making a list and then rationalizing the items on the list while at the store really really helped. So my next official budgeted grocery shop will be Sept. 5th and Sept. 19th (fingers crossed).

wishing everyone a fabulous day!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quiet in here.. slow weekend here.
    was up early this morning to a sale. picked up a few 'trinkets'. went to get milk and p/u my pics from SDM.
    came home and created another project. don't ask.. its just one of those.. just do it things.. will post a pic shortly.
    then napped. dh is doing the same. although he should beup a he's gone all day tomorrow. not much time together this weekend.
    will be sticking a few 'stewing' chickens in the CP's late. they simmer all day. yum!.
    OH and even easier to clean up with the CP liners from Reynolds, seriously love them.
    I also need to PM and get some PB, eggs and flour to make banana bread.. plus fresh baking powder and find me some citric acid.
    anyway conquering laundry, started at 8am .. woohoo.. hope to be done today. i wanna head to 'my' store tomorrow check out some stuff while he's gone.
    want everything cleaned up before I go.
    anyway thats my day/weekend..hope your all enjoying yours.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Purchased at Maxi 3 tubs of Breyers Ice Cream (500 ml) for 1$ ...free with coupons... The mints chocolate is pretty good,so the plan is to reorganise my freezer to stock up as I have 30 coupons but I will kept a fews for others goodies.Small tubs...but free lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Watched Martha Stewart on PBS this morning,I was 10 years younger when I watched her show on HGTV.It is so many memories.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information