User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Air Miles phasing out gift cards??

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Too late, can't even order the movie voucher. It's now 95 AM for $10.
    My DM still had 1,777 AM in her dream rewards (since those couldn't be transferred when I switched her account to cash rewards). I was able to order 5x Cinema tickets on Wednesday and 3x iTunes GCs. Now they don't have to worry about it.

OP - thanks for your post (otherwise I never would have known), and the tickets are good for 9 months.
    Andit, Tweets77, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OMG I didn't realize and went to my AM account and you are right, there are no more GC left. It use to be I could get a Gap GC or a Rexall GC. No more
    Andit and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I didn't even think about getting gift cards with Dream miles! When I checked, I couldn't find any. And since I don't have enough Dream miles to redeem for anything I wanted, I just donated them all to WWF. Now any miles I earn are all set to be Dream cash.
    Andit, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

When they stopped offering the Chapters GC, I knew my love affair with AM was over.

I find it too difficult to earn enough AM to make it worth my while (don`t use Pharmaplus and Metro is a bit too pricy for my taste). I had a couple of bills being paid by my Amex, so I would slowly get a few AM, but I`ve switched to a CC that works better for me.

Is it too early to long for the good old days when points were easier to get?
    pippinelkhound, Ciel and walkonby like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    When they stopped offering the Chapters GC, I knew my love affair with AM was over.

I find it too difficult to earn enough AM to make it worth my while (don`t use Pharmaplus and Metro is a bit too pricy for my taste). I had a couple of bills being paid by my Amex, so I would slowly get a few AM, but I`ve switched to a CC that works better for me.

Is it too early to long for the good old days when points were easier to get?
    Sadly I didn't start collecting miles until they were already difficult to get. No Metro here, and I rarely shop at Rexall and Michael's. Now I belong to to a survey group where I can redeem for miles - and I can cash them out at Shell towards GCs (they only have $25 and $50 though, so I still have to pay some if I don't have enough for the $50 GC).

My parents earn miles through their insurance, but even then they earn very little.
    Andit and Ciel like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

I've been collecting AM since 1997 and I have quite a few now. I was curious about redemption, so here is an article I came across today.

https://flightfox.com/tradecraft/how...your-air-miles

I must say that I have a real love/hate relationship with Air Miles. For me, they are easy enough to collect (Metro, Expedia, Shell), but they don't get you a lot of bang for your buck. There are also many restrictions on flights, although they claim that isn't true. They say no blackout periods, but there are only a certain amount of seats per flight that can be booked through AM.

Anyway, I could seriously RANT all damn day about Air Miles, but I won't bore you all with the details...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too have a hate on AirMiles.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I switched mine to cash when they came out with it, I knew they would get rid of the GCs since they removed some right away
    walkonby likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They should allow a one time transfer from Dream Miles to Cash Miles.

i converted to cash miles long time back.

but I was just stuck with some Dream Miles that I had earned previously ..they are not enough to redeem for anything nor can I transfer them to my cash miles.

that sucks big time
    Silk, FallenPixels, Zonny and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm one air mile away from getting the movie night out. I have 2 air miles coming to me from a purchase I made a month ago that haven't shown up, but I have to wait another 30 days before I put in the inquiry to get them. They won't sell me just one air mile, only a minimum of 30.
    I don't shop anywhere that takes cash miles, and with the movies packages being gone soon air miles are useless to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

It takes me forever to acquire miles. I just cashed out all our dream miles for tickets to the Toronto Zoo (4 tickets) and 2 magazine subscriptions. From now on I'll be doing the cash miles.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    walkonby and luckbealady like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I'm one air mile away from getting the movie night out. I have 2 air miles coming to me from a purchase I made a month ago that haven't shown up, but I have to wait another 30 days before I put in the inquiry to get them.
    You have to wait a ridiculous amount of time to inquire about missing miles. I think they're hoping you'll forget! I recently realized that despite booking my Budget car rentals through Air Miles Shops every time, I've never gotten miles from it. So I'd have to remember each time I rented a car, probably 10 times in the last year, and submit an inquiry for each one. I think I have emails from most of them.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Me too. I shopped at rexall with the coupon for keeping email subscriptions but the cashier redeemed my miles and had to cancel it. It shows the redemption and reverse points but not the actual earnings. Despite showing something for that visit and all subsequent points I have to wait
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was able to get 4 movie passes and 3 iTunes cards. I hope everyone is able to at least get something. It would be nice if they let us convert to dream cash.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I'm one air mile away from getting the movie night out. I have 2 air miles coming to me from a purchase I made a month ago that haven't shown up, but I have to wait another 30 days before I put in the inquiry to get them. They won't sell me just one air mile, only a minimum of 30.
    I don't shop anywhere that takes cash miles, and with the movies packages being gone soon air miles are useless to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah it takes a life time for some of the purchase Air Miles to show up in your account, SDM optimum points are almost instant

I purchased something at RONA , I think it was just 3-4 lousy AM , it took them 8 weeks to post them

lot of bonus AM with AM cpns like earn 2x or 3x Air Miles are also not properly credited most of the times.

Sometimes I feel its almost deliberate and not a glitch or error on their part, very confusing , vague and ambiguous way of awarding AM and keeping track of them and actually having them posted to your account.

I now barely check my account and whatever is there is there..don't even bother to check anymore if they are awarded properly or not

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information