User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Americans with Ebola given secret drug..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    Found this movie at Freshco for $4.99. (Outbreak) So I decided to up it up!
    That movie is not too far fetched.
    There's an island in Africa where they released lab monkeys who had been experimented on.

http://www.cnet.com/news/real-life-p...monkey-island/
    princessjen likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    That movie is not too far fetched.
    There's an island in Africa where they released lab monkeys who had been experimented on.

http://www.cnet.com/news/real-life-p...monkey-island/
    The movie was not far fetched at all! I read in the production notes they based the virus in the movie off of the ebola virus.
    SharonMe likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

We have someone here in St.Catharines that came into the hospital that is now in isolation with Ebola like symptoms. I told my mom if she has another nosebleed like she did Sunday she's bleeding out at home. lol Nice, eh? The one thing I'll say about our fancy schmancy new billion dollar hospital is that they built it pretty neat.

FACTBOX: Some of the design features that make the St. Catharines Site so unique include:
    • The highest percentage of single-patient rooms in Ontario with 80% private rooms.
    • One of the only hospitals in the world to have a dedicated HVAC system, enabling the hospital to be split into two distinct air-handling zones for complete isolation in the event of a pandemic or other significant event — the independent section includes half of the Emergency Department, two Operating Suites, ICU and one inpatient unit, ensuring that regular operations can continue in the remainder of the hospital.
    The HVAC system thing is pretty neat, eh?
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Oct 21st, 2014 at 09:51 PM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    We have someone here in St.Catharines that came into the hospital that is now in isolation with Ebola like symptoms. I told my mom if she has another nosebleed like she did Sunday she's bleeding out at home. lol Nice, eh? The one thing I'll say about our fancy schmancy new billion dollar hospital is that they built it pretty neat.

Oh man, not another ebola scare. On the bright side,I'm sure the emerg is a lot quieter these days.
    TaraF likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    The movie was not far fetched at all! I read in the production notes they based the virus in the movie off of the ebola virus.
    Really? The island happens to be in Liberia too. Hmmm
    It's about 40 miles away the from the capital city Monrovia
    The monkeys were used in experiments until the age of 4 then live out the rest of their 40 years free.
    Sounds great as long as one of the things they were testing wasn't ebola or anything like it.
    princessjen likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

QC Health Minister says Quebec hospitals will be prepared in the unlikely event of an ebola outbreak here http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-pr...ster-1.2062182

But this small french newspaper article mentions 2 patients with symptoms similar to ebola have shown up in 2 different South Shore hospitals and staff arent willing to enter the isolation rooms where patients have been placed because they do not feel they've received adequate training. Couldn't find any other news links on this case so it's either very very recent or unfounded.
    TaraF likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

A Dr in NYC returning from Africa has tested positive for Ebola.

Doctors Without Borders physician who recently returned from West Africa has tested positive for the Ebola virus , a law enforcement official briefed on the matter told CNN. The doctor, identified as Craig Spencer, 33, returned from West Africa about 10 days ago and developed a fever, nausea, pain and fatigue Wednesday night.
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Oct 23rd, 2014 at 09:03 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of Government and Ebola I must vent about Ontario. Kathleen Wynne and the Ontario Liberal Government designated 10 Ontario hospitals as places that would treat Ebola patients incase there were an outbreak. This is good. Again, being prepared is always a good thing. These hospitals are confident they are equipped to handle Ebola patients but will be undergoing additional training. Those hospitals include:

Included in Hamilton Health Sciences would be Hamilton General Hospital, McMaster Medical Centre, Juravinski Hospital.

What I didn't like was that they added Juravinski Hospital into the mix of hospitals in Hamilton. Having been a patient at the Lodge and knowing that cancer patients get shoved over to Juravinski Hospital for any issues that arise, that ER (which is TINY) was full up of mostly cancer patients. So not only in a potential outbreak would they transfer potential Ebola patients there where cancer patients frequent you'll also have every person who thinks they have Ebola in that vicinity clogging that ER because they know it's a designated hospital that can care for Ebola patients. I think it is just putting cancer patients with crappy immune systems at further risk. Why they added Juravinski Hospital is beyond me.

And:

It sounds like Ontario at least has a plan. Good for them. Other than designating a hospital connected to a Cancer Centre a place for Ebola patients to be cared for. lol
    The nurse who lives on my street said it is just the General
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We have someone here in St.Catharines ....

We had one at the animal shelter but people would put stuff in front of the door to that room to keep it open as they went in and out. Most doors (and even walls - have you ever smelled smokers from a neighbouring apartment etc) are not air sealed so while added protection not 100% protection
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

That would be good if it was only the General. Fallen. Of course I can't find the articles now, but one I read simply said Hamilton Health Sciences, the other named all of the hospitals (including writing it as Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre) which didn't make sense to me. So I was rather confused. lol

As for the Doctor who came back from Guinea. It rather infuriates me. Because of these frontline workers "Don't get it", how do they expect the regular population to? This is how crap spreads.

Craig Spencer was in contact with four people after he started exhibiting symptoms, authorities said, which is when he was contagious.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Now, it appears...

Many people in Mali are at high risk of catching Ebola because the toddler who brought the disease to the country was bleeding from her nose as she travelled on a bus from Guinea, the World Health Organization warned Friday. The U.N. agency is treating the situation as an emergency since many people may have had "high-risk exposures" to the 2-year-old girl during her journey through several towns in Mali, including two hours in the capital, Bamako. The girl was travelling with her grandmother.
    They will never get it under control at this rate over there.
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Oct 24th, 2014 at 05:57 PM.
    SharonMe likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

That would be good if it was only the General. Fallen. Of course I can't find the articles now, but one I read simply said Hamilton Health Sciences, the other named all of the hospitals (including writing it as Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre) which didn't make sense to me. So I was rather confused. lol
    Perhaps they just looked up HHS and got the list and used it?
    TaraF likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Perhaps they just looked up HHS and got the list and used it?
    I finally found what I previously read. It was truly driving me bonkers. lol Here is how most articles have noted the hospitals. This article is from Sun News.

Ontario has designated 10 hospitals to handle any suspected Ebola cases: Toronto's St. Michael's Hospital, Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Hospital for Sick Children; the Ottawa Hospital and Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario in the nation's capital; Hamilton Health Sciences; Sudbury's Health Sciences North; Kingston General Hospital; and London Health Sciences Centre.
    However, this below is where it outright mentioned Juravinski and the Cancer Centre, however, it was noting all of the hospitals within Hamilton Health Sciences which all of the other articles are just listing as a blanket "designated hospital to go to". lol There are several hospitals within HHS as you well know.

Frontline healthcare workers in Hamilton are learning how to keep themselves safe while caring for potential Ebola patients, after the provincial government listed Hamilton Health Sciences hospitals as a referral point for those suffering worrying symptoms of the disease.Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario's minister of health and long-term care, listed ten referring hospitals including Hamilton Health Sciences — which includes Hamilton General, McMaster University Medical Centre, The Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre and more — at a news conference on Friday in Toronto. Hoskins held the event to explain how the province is preparing for future Ebola cases.
    The above quote is from this article.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

The first transmitted case of ebola from Thomas Duncan is now free of ebola. The second nurse, Amber Vincent has had a negative test and waiting for the all clear. Such great news for the people most at risk, those with them in the end stages.
    DALLAS — After nearly two weeks in isolation, Ebola patient Nina Pham walked out of a Maryland hospital on Friday free of the deadly disease that has seized the nation’s attention.

“She has no virus in her,” said Dr. Tony Fauci, director of the National Institutes of Health. “She is cured of Ebola, let's get that clear.”
    "Pham, who walked out of the hospital flanked by her mother and sister, drew applause and laughter when she announced that she was ready to “get back to Texas and reunite with my dog Bentley.”

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Now, it appears...

They will never get it under control at this rate over there.
    Apparently, the first case of this newest cluster of ebola began with a baby almost 2 years old.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information