User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Scanning code of practice, I got it free, shout and brag thread.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Do you guys find that the store likes to argue about SCOP? I got potatoes free at Zehrs because they rang in at the wrong price. It took me about 1/2 hr to convince the lady in CS that I was right and Zehrs was Wrong!
    Angela273, ticul and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I scop't free saltfish today
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tea drinker View Post
    Interesting thing happened today at RCSS, I got a Grace soft drink as the shelf price was 0.69 but the product scanned at 0.89, the cashier charged me tax on the free product. She said store policy is that I had to pay the tax and I would only get one free d item (I was only buying one drink anyway). By one free item, she meant only one item free regardless of whether you had a different item that qualified for SCOP (which I didn't).
    Another fine example of an employee making stuff up along the way. Sounds to me like she's bitter about having to give items away for free, even though it doesn't come out of her pocket.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HorndoggJr. View Post
    Do you guys find that the store likes to argue about SCOP? I got potatoes free at Zehrs because they rang in at the wrong price. It took me about 1/2 hr to convince the lady in CS that I was right and Zehrs was Wrong!
    Yes they do like to argue.They don't like to give away stuff for free but it's their fault they aren't on top of their pricing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a free softsoap from walmart, shelf says 2.00 but was scanned at 2.36. I was gonna use a $1 coupon on it anyway so even that was saved! =D
    I saw a lady at FreshCo got a free item due to SCOP as well (forgot what item). I was expecting some kinda argument but good to see the employees were trained on policies.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I haven't had anything lately, the last thing I had was a $15 ham on sale for half price but it scanned in at regular - free ham! That was back in the winter.
    The other thing I wanted to say is my RCSS is the best for honoring SCOP - I only have to mention that it didn't come up, they check immediately and if I'm correct give it to me for free, no arguing at all. But on the other hand, they're also really good at making sure the shelf tags are correct and all old sale signs are down. Oh well, I'd rather have it this way than having to argue it every time and being made to feel like a crook.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    This is a perfect example of SCOP it is never mispriced it is lazy employees half a $$ in their work not putting up or taking signs down
    I don't always think it's about employees being lazy. In some smaller retail stores there are over 3000 price tags to take down and put up all in a matter of hours. I'm sure in a store as large as Food Basics they would have upwards of 6000 sale tags to take down and put up. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake that the tag got missed.

Retail labour is hard work.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A few days ago i SCoP'ed "fruity mango juice" from ethnic section at my rcss. I told the lady at customer service that i should get it for free according to SCOP. She checked, gave me the money. No questions/ arguments.

today i noticed that my rcss didnt charg me the right price for "shanna plain naan", i went to customer service, same lady was standing and i told her that i should get it for free. She said you didnt have to tell me about SCOP. She checked, and gave back my money they owed.
    she never argues about scop's but i have noticed that they take down those wrong tags for a few days so that other customers dont get SCOP's from them.
    Last edited by amira84; Fri, Aug 22nd, 2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Typing mistake
    HorndoggJr., ROMEO and Angela273 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It's been a while since I SCOPed something, but I like the idea of this thread. Thanks.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I went to get cat litter that was on sale in the flyer last week and it scanned wrong, like big time wrong, ($19.96, should have been $11.96) would have gotten SCOP except they don't allow employees to get it. Still had a coupon so it wasn't too bad.
    HorndoggJr. likes this.
    Want to get 4 free plates of food from Chef's Plate? Your first 4 plates are free when you sign up under my referral link and you can cancel at any time!

Looking to earn gift cards and more by just searching and doing surveys? Sign up for Swagbucks today!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I scoped a small bag of Mann's sugar snap peas this morning at NF. The sign at the peas said 2/$4, but the flyer was advertised at $1.98. I had a $1 off coupon that I was going to use. The cashier knew nothing about SCOP and acted like she thought I was crazy. I didn't have to wait very long for a supervisor. She knew me and didn't have a problem giving me SCOP on the item. So I got free peas for our young son (my garden isn't growing them fast enough), and I kept my $1 coupon for another purchase.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I got a same SCOP.
    The beads that were priced wrong last time, tag was STILL up when we stopped by WalMart.
    So, last pack of those, all mine and FREE. Now I can make DD a super awesome necklace!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I scoped 10LB yellow potatoes bag free at sobeys,
    Shelf price tag was $4.97 but rang as $5.97,best scop ever because of no arguments.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a packet of Our Finest Sirloin Burgers from Wal Mart, shelf price was $8.94 and it scanned at $8.97. The cashier didn't argue to give the product free but felt that it "was only 3 cents off" meant the item scanned correctly. Huh? Close, yes. Correct, no!
    Last edited by Tea drinker; Tue, Aug 26th, 2014 at 06:58 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So lots of SCOP's going out the door today at my Walmart. So lots of happy people since many didn't even know about SCOP. It was an enjoyable day lol.
    Want to get 4 free plates of food from Chef's Plate? Your first 4 plates are free when you sign up under my referral link and you can cancel at any time!

Looking to earn gift cards and more by just searching and doing surveys? Sign up for Swagbucks today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information