User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Scanning code of practice, I got it free, shout and brag thread.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My Sdm doesn't allow scope
    I tried to contact HO but their reply was that store manager will contact me.
    And store manager told me that....the store owner does not allow it....what
    ROMEO likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I scoped wethers hardcandy at walmart the other day -cause a week ago it was on multi -buy 2/400-so got 2.90 back

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I don't know man but once I got 6..SIX items on SCOP at Superstore...I did not ask but they just gave it to me...I was like 'don't make to bankrupt ya' LOL

Asking for SCOP scared me; I am to chicken to ask for SCOP, especially after the incident when a cashier ay Walmart went nut once I asked.
    Angela273, amira84 and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    My Sdm doesn't allow scope
    I tried to contact HO but their reply was that store manager will contact me.
    And store manager told me that....the store owner does not allow it....what
    Momi, call the SCOP phone number and leave a message for them. They will probably be off for the weekend but have voicemail. The store owner can't opt out of SCOP because SDM has committed to the program.

If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum. If a Code of Practice problem cannot be resolved at the store level, please call 1-866-499-4599 to register your complaint.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, just wow, here's what happened to me............

Went to Wal Mart for some items for a last minute get together/b'day party over the long weekend. I got three scops, I'm not kidding. Here's the big looooooong story.

Item #1, Keg burgers (the sliders), scanned at $11.47, price on the shelf was $10.97. The cashier didn't argue or say anything when she checked the price on that item.

Item #2, Jergens lotion, scanned at $6.97 but the shelf price was $6.96, the cashier told me "it's the same price". Urgh! Really? The conversation went like this......
    Me: The shelf says $6.96.
    Cashier: Do you want it for $6.96 or $6.97.
    Me: I want it for free because it scanned wrong.
    Cashier: Read the SCOP policy.
    Me: [Read the first part out to the cahier] If the scanned price of an item is higher than the shelf price or any displayed price
    Cashier [interupted me]: It's the same price, it's scanning at $6.97, it's the same as $6.96.

Duh? Oh, so close!

Item #3, Baklava, scanned at $9.97, shelf price was $8.00, cashier called to check the price.

The cashier continued to ring up my other purchases, when she got confirmation that the burgers, lotion and baklava all scanned wrong she gave all the items free although she should have charged $10 less for the burgers and not given the product for free. I only realized that she should have deducted $10 off the burgers after I'd left the store. The cashier even said "todays your lucky day". I guess she was right, I certainly can't complain.

momi, AFAIK all SDMs participate in SCOP. It sounds like the store's manager/owner didn't want to give the product for free.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Walmart
    Tostitos Spinach Dip Shelf Price: $3.97 Register Price: $4.17

Thanks to DH. He was scanning to see if they came up at $3 (the Old Dutch dips right under them were $3, so he was hoping lol), and realized he had found a SCOP. :p
    I have him trained well haha.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

was at NF and grabbed 5 Silani Mozzarella 260 gram cheese balls, figured $3.00 was an o.k. price. Oopsy the register charges me $3.49 each, but I did not see that till I looked over my receipt. No problem getting one on scop and the other 4 adjusted to $3.00.

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (99%)

Does Target in Ontario participate in scop?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leilah View Post
    Does Target in Ontario participate in scop?
    No.
    Ciel and grannynellie like this.

cookie muncher
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was at Rcss and bought a 12pk flakey butter roll shelf price $3.99 scanned at $4.19 and got it free!
    ROMEO and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Got a 2pk of roasting pans with plastic lids today free. Scanned at 2.99 and the sign said 1.44. Cashier had no idea about SCOP but wasn't negative or anything. I said I'd take it to CS and I did, got the SCOP there with no trouble

Today was also the first time I got SCOP without feeling nervous :D
    Angela273 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Food Basic$
    Coloured Marshmallows
    Shelf Price: $1.29 Register Price: $1.49
    Cashier actually brought up SCOP before I did. :D

Lucky DD lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

RCSS - PC goat cheese, price tag $4.27, scanned at $4.59, so free.

At my RCSS they are very well trained in SCOP and do it automatically (and cheerfully) when an error is found. They do however get the department to make the correction when they call to verify the price. I usually do my SCOPs at CS desk, cause I check my receipt after I leave the cash. I learnt to always check the receipt after dh paid $20 for a container of Chapman's ice cream years ago I promptly sent him back to the store to get that fixed.

My RCSS is where I first learnt about SCOP. I was at the self-checkout and a bag of apples scanned wrong. The staff person checked for me and told me they were free cause the price was wrong. I was so surprised that first time. Am so glad it's never a hassle there.
    Anna Michele and amira84 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was at RCSS today, got a package of PC Haddock Fillets, the product scanned at $10.99 but the shelf price was $7.39. The cashier didn't want to use SCOP to give the item for free. I asked for the product for free which rubbed her the wrong way. She called a supervisor, she insisted I go to the customer service desk for SCOP. The supervisor did ring up the item using SCOP at customer service but not before I had to wait in line again.

This is the second time I've got an item from RCSS using SCOP and based on the replies in this thread my experience today was unusual.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

FreshCo
    Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Loaves (for school)
    Shelf Price: $2.49 Register Price: $3

I have been on a roll lately. :D

Edit..to add:
    Had to run out and pick up some Cream of Mushroom for lunch/dinner today, and got another (right after posting this one from last night, LOL).
    Shopper's Drug Mart
    Quo by ORLY Nail Polish
    Shelf Price: $1.99 Register Price: $3
    I got 2 (Blue Velvet and a Matte Topcoat) the Blue Velvet rang up right, so the topcoat was the freebie.
    Last edited by GoddessDigi; Tue, Sep 30th, 2014 at 12:00 PM.
    Anna Michele and amira84 like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information