• 1 Post By leen1476
  • 1 Post By leen1476
  • 1 Post By Jane123
  • 1 Post By Livelyone
  • 1 Post By annedougherty
  • 1 Post By Mia
  • 1 Post By toban
  • 1 Post By Lyssia510

Thread: Choosing concealer or corrector - Finally found!

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I am looking for a concealer (or a corrector) which can hide my dark under eye circles. They are not very dark but I can see them. They are like dark purplish colour, and I have a fair skin (not a rosy undertone, not a yelllow undertone, but just fair, a porcelain fair).

I tried many, many concealers, correctors but haven't found the one which can be suitable for my skin tone (Clinique, Revlon, Maybelline, Cover Girl, Almay, etc...). All of them make my dark circles look blue (as if I have bruises). Also I have a dry skin under my eyes so I want to use a creamy concealer. Really don't have time to use under eye moisturizer (use that only 20 min. before sleep), then - a corrector (often like a paste), and then a concealer. Would like to use only a good concealer that will do it's concealing job excellent for me.

What would you advise? What do you use?

P.S. Yes, I used peachy concealers, used also bisque (rosy), total zero effect and again "bruises".
    This thread is currently associated with: Maybelline
    Last edited by Mia; Tue, Aug 26th, 2014 at 12:26 AM.
    leen1476 likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would suggest an eye cream. I was looking for a concealer to cover up my eye circles as well and ended up with Make Up Forever full coverage concealer which did the job with 2 layers. I was browsing Winners one day and found a eye cream for 5.99 and figured for the price I'd try it. After using it for a month my eye circles were gone, I put it on before my face moisturizer and it skins into my skin within seconds. I use it in the morning and at night and it takes less time than using concealer. The one I have is by the Dirty Works which is a UK based skin line(did a quick google search and doesn't look like its sold here), but I've also heard amazing things about eye creams from the Body Shop.
    Mia, leen1476 and Jane123 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I agree with Lyssia510, eye moisturizers are a must esp since you said you have dry skin. I use Clinique's Even Better Eye Cream during the day since it has SPF and I use a Paula's Choice moisturizer (safe for undereyes) for night time. It has made a HUGE difference to my under eye circles.

As for concealers, I've been using Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer or L'oreal's Magic Lumi concealer (depending on my mood). My best suggestion for you though would be to go to Sephora so they can match a colour for you.
    Mia likes this.
    I do most of my shopping online and LOVE using ebates to get cash back. Check it out - it's free and easy to sign up!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=ux6NkmzoOno%3D

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I find that not all peachy concealers are created the same. You still have to find the 'perfect' shade match for you. I was using one that was too light for my skintone and instead of covering the dark circles, it made them brighter (but still noticeably dark...hope that makes sense!). It wasn't until I went to Sephora that I found the perfect match for me.
    Mia likes this.
    I do most of my shopping online and LOVE using ebates to get cash back. Check it out - it's free and easy to sign up!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=ux6NkmzoOno%3D

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That’s one of my struggles every day, nothing seems to hide my dark circles even though they are not very dark. Lyssia what was the name of that eye cream?
    Mia likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had much success with Dermablend and they make a "Quick fix" concealer, so it's worth looking at. I use the body cover by Dermablend to conceal stretch marks and not only does the tone match almost perfectly, but the makeup stays on all day even when sweating.

http://www.dermablend.com/concealers...FScV7Aod72IAwA
    Mia likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

A yellow concealer, and instead of putting ikt just under your eye, draw a triangle shape with it. you can find tutorials on pinterest, etc.
    Mia likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Thank you so much for all the advice.

Yes, I tried yellow, tried orange, peachy, salmon... so many colours and tones but again almost no effect. Yes, I do like a triangle (Wayne Goss) but that doesn't help.

Though... very strange, didn't expect. Last time I tried Cover Girl + Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 foundation (with serum), colour - Ivory 105, and it helped (cannot say, totally, but quite good changes). Though on the foundation I put a little bit DiorSkin Nude compact foundation, colour - Light Beige (a little bit darker than my skin tone). Maybe I will stick with that routine though really I wanted something only one layer (not a creamy foundation, then - pressed, but only foundation (or a concealer).

Anyway, I am in searches right now. If I find something which will be very suitable for my needs, I will let you know.
    Last edited by Mia; Fri, Aug 8th, 2014 at 12:07 AM.
    leen1476 likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have dryness underneath my eyes and would suggest an eye cream. As for concealers there are so many. I would suggest asking Sephora for samples and playing around with them. I also have dark circles and light-medium skin tone. I haven't found one I'm completely sold on. Benefit Boi-ing isn't too bad. They offer 4-5 shades. I use 02. I find it works best if you warm the product between your fingers or on the back of hand before applying. Apply too much it gets a bit gunky.
    Mia likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jane123 View Post
    That’s one of my struggles every day, nothing seems to hide my dark circles even though they are not very dark. Lyssia what was the name of that eye cream?
    It's called Eye Cream by the Dirty Works. It's a UK brand and from what I can tell only available here at Winners/Marshall's. On the bright side it's pretty cheap and Winners seems to be bringing in tons from this brand.
    Mia likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I found a very interesting tutorial about how to make your own concealer:

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Finally I found the right concealer! The previous video linked to an amazing discovery, lol! Wayne Goss mixes lipstick with a concealer but why not to mix an eye shadow with a concealer? You put the right colour of en eye shadow under your eyes, and then a concealer. Very simple but yet huge money savings!

Take an eye shadow of a salmon colour (peachy light rose). I was exprimenting and found out that I have a good "corrector" eye shadow in my Sheer Cover - Desert Classics palette (the second colour). Here is the picture:

Name:  sheer-cover-desert-classics-eye-palette-nib-.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  8.3 KB

Of course, it's not necessary to be Sheer Cover palette just search and find a good salmon colour matte eye shadow (not satin, and, of course, not metal or glittery). Quite possible you have that at home hidden in some drawer.

Put that eye shadow under your eye to cover dark circles. You'll see an instant transformation. But, again, you have to experiment, salmon colours vary very much - from light to dark. You have to find the right one for your skin tone. Then put a concealer of any brand which matches your skin tone, or, maybe, one tone brighter than your skin tone (but not darker). Preferably not a paste concealer, but from a tube or with a wand (with moisturizing effects). I have some Rimmel (Ivory shade) which before didn't help me at all showing my under eye circles more blue and purple (how "cool" is that, instead of concealing it was revealing my dark circles!). But now, with salmon eye shadow, it works magic! Much more better than pricey Bobby Brown or Laura Mercier correctors!

The problem is solved! So simple and easy decision!

P.S. BTW, for me salmon colour worked fine but that's for me. Maybe for you yellow colour or some rosy tones will work better. It depends on your actual skin tone and a shade of your dark circles.
    Last edited by Mia; Tue, Aug 26th, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Thread Information