User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Food poisoning and RCSS did not care...

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Hi TooCouponCrazy, I think I will thanks for the advice and support, rested today and seem to look more like myself in the mirror. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by TooCouponCrazy View Post
    Ugh, goodness, how horrendous. Food poisoning is so awful. I would be calling HO and telling the story to them. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh ticul, I'm sorry you sorry you had to go through that too. I guess I will call and see what happens, DH insisted on coming home earlier I will wait till he gets home and make this better. When he is sick I do and he can take charge and deal with it. What a week. Thank you for the support ticul dear friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    OMG, I am so sorry to ear that you got food poisonning. Wen you have food poisonning you think you are going to die. I got food poisonning a few years back and it was awful. I too would call a manager as it is an important matter and this way, hopefully, no one will get sick.

Take good care Oscarandme..........................
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh dear anisa, I never even thought of the inspection department. I hate to make a big fuss about it too but..I am just glad it is over. Yucky...I will do something about it wih DH, thank you for thevaluable advice, never thought about it. Thanks again dear anisa.

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Maybe let the local food inspectors know. They can correct any procedures that are not right. I hope they didn't just cook up some outdated chicken
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

oh grannynellie, just reading your description made me ill. Just thinking about it and reading it that way, I will call for sure. Poor hygiene...oh BARF............sorry...I litteraly feel sick to my stomach thinking of the possibilities. Okay...

Never thought I needed to take photos of a half eaten chicken too, yuk.... Thank you for opening my eyes and reason and will pursue and update, thank you for caring too dear grannynellie and caring.

Quote Originally Posted by grannynellie View Post
    So sorry to hear about your food poisoning ordeal. It's a case of poor food hygiene or undercooked meat left for bacteria to multiply. Take it up to HO and don't forget to take pictures as evdence. Hope you feel better soon
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Awwee Lynn49, you are such a good friend and mommy. I still have the chicken and need to check for the hair I might havejust flicked-it, GROSS... I will check tomorow when tummyis stronger, I was feeling better tillI read grannynellie's text and fill so ill right now, watery mouth-ish and anyway-just yucky. As Imentioned DH iscoming back early..that was so cute, about the housework. That is for sure, through clearer eyes...its still there and so aremy other plans and weeds.

My body is drained and ribs hurt, for a puny chicken he left quite an impression. What a mess. As I mentionned I slept all day and I feel like I am getting better but still week, will make some of my get better soup, 2 packs of Lipton chicken noodle soup and reheat when I want more. Dh will assist in the fight. thank you dear friend for the advice, kind words and understanding and I fully appreciate your gentle hugs. Thank you dear friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    All great information, Hon....you poor kid! Yes, absolutely take a pic of that grey hair in there, call your local food inspection agency, and don't talk to little voices on the phone...go,up as high as you want to, until you receive due notice of what they put you through! I've even used the "social media" threat to get someone to notice!
    Rest, Hon...your poor body has been through the wringer and in my experience, I can assure you that housework waits for us, no matter when we decide to get around to it.

Keep in touch, don't go in there to be bought off by underlings! Wait until tomorrow when you're feeling stronger, then give 'em hell! {{{gentle hugs}}}
    Andit and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh Durham Couponer, thank you so much for the valuable advice. I am so sorryfor sharing the vivid details, when I read the (hair-y carcass)..oh I realize what I put you all through and felt sick again. Oh I am so sorry to everyone...

Thank you, I did not know that they can do that and I might have to call the doctor if soup isn't a fan later of helping my tummy. This is geting grosser everytime I type..Thank you so very much for the advice and concern and I so appreciate it. thanks again dear friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    I third calling and emailing the health department, even on a Sunday, especially if you still have the hair-y carcass. They can test for a bug in the chicken. Call telehealth too if you're still feeling bad and they can help you and may recommend going to your doctor. So sorry you got sick!!! �� ��
    Andit and Durham Couponer like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Hi lorijane, thank you so much for the advice, I just thought about riding it out, since it is the weekend and the food inspection...never even thought of it. Oh and I just woke up from a long 12 hour nap and I feel better, that was just what I needed for this next part I guess. You were right. Thank you for the valuable advice and concern. Thanks again dear lorijane.

Quote Originally Posted by lorijane View Post
    Seek medical help immediately and get plenty of bedrest. If you are up to it, complain to the food inspection dept. ((HUGS))
    Last edited by oscarandme; Sun, Aug 10th, 2014 at 10:23 PM.
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh no dear Andit, I am so-so sorry you went through that too, did you call? send email? we just take itfor granted that everyone washes their hands, clean works-stations and the rest...I rather not think of...after 14 years with my husband he is finaly starting to read expiry dates this last year...I thought he always did...M I S T A K E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on my behalf. The tangy can also be bigger piece of pickle or relish, we always seem to justify it but as Mamma-June says from Honey-Boo-Boo says "it is what it is" I am so glad you all took me seriously, friends we joke about all the time with and sometimes until you have heard the Grimm Reaper knock at the door yourself, you might not see the gravity.

I have never had any issues either and yes those hormone injections seemed to have made a big difference on the sizes. How can that size reek so much havac.

Your little angels sound adorable, pretty Lily dog and Qincy cat.

That story is too funny.

Hope the salad has come and gone. What a mess. Myhusband and I were at a local McDonalds and I always use the drive-thru and I higly recommend to go in once in a while and see the condition of where you are buying your possible health infraction. The night we went, as most McDonalds' are there are LCBOs and other retail spaces around and I swear someone did not come in for their shift and they went and got a homeless person looking for change parked out of the LCBO cooking the burgers. Im telling you...I told my husband you can eat that...cancel my order...

That chicken did not taste funny that I can remember. I/we had never tried the BBQ seasoned one andseems to have given me a little perspective on eating and what happened to what I will be eating too. Yuk...

Thank you for sharing and glad you lived to tell the tale, sorry you had the experience to share the tale though. Maybe you should see the doctor too and make certain this is out of you, drugs???maybe...we take for granted eating..just goes to show to be present at all times and be aware. Take care little one and hope you feel better too. Snuggle Lilly and Quincy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Oh, you poor thing! (hugs)

Make sure you get lots of rest & lots of liquids to flush all the toxins out of your system.

I just dealt with the same thing this past Tuesday & still can't quite eat a full meal. In my case, I was having some of the Reser's potato salad with dinner when a friend called. I was even commenting on how interesting the tangy dressing was. An hour later, I had a tummy ache, followed by cramping, then everything trying to make its way out of my body. The brats couldn't decide whether to laugh at me or run away in fear.

I've been lucky, I've never had a problem with those chickens (and they do seem to be getting smaller every year, don't they?). Here's a story that will hopefully make you smile. Last summer, my bff's nephew was spending a lot of time at my place (he'd go out with friends and crash here, since I'm downtown). Lily dog was thrilled to have someone to tell her she's pretty, Quincy cat was a bit more skeptical. At any rate, my neighbour asked if I wanted to go grocery shopping one night (she wanted company). I picked up one of the chicken meal deals, even tho I'd already had dinner, figured I'd be set with food for the week. I got home in time to hear the message on the machine saying the nephew wanted to crash. He got there around midnight, & I made the mistake of telling him to make himself at home.

I woke up in the morning to find nothing but a pile of bones in the container, an empty box that had contained potato wedges, and an empty container of coleslaw on my kitchen counter. Good thing I kept picturing the sweet little 7 yr old who would run up and hug me, and not the 20 yr old on my couch.
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

oh Shwa Girl, Its funny, you don't think of those departments until something grave happens to you...yucky that we need such a department and thank goodness we do. I/we buy take-out or eat in restaurants all the time...scary...

I want to be scared and cautious yet do not want to be completely untrusting but I am telling you, being this sick from a typical take-home meal...a phobia can easily be born...

Thank you as well dear Shwa Girl for the pager info...I cannot wait for DH to get home. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Agree about contacting the health department on a Sunday.
    In Durham Region, they have a pager number so someone (person on call to work) can investigate on a Sunday.
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I just wanted to add, there is always a positive side to everything, when I came back and started answering from my post I had just gotten-up as I mentioned and I drove to Timmys for my injection of caffeine and it is dark and as I mentionned not far away and a dog friendly neighbourhood. So I see this beautiful well groomed large doggy, just strolling around, was not hyper, just a leisurely stroll but by himself, I thought oh no, someone is not where he/she should be.... so I turn around and follow-him/her and a little lady comes out from a walking path and this little lost lamb runs to see this little lady and poodle and I drive up to her and she asked me is this your dog and I said no but I saw him/her roaming and was waiting for some panicky parents to be running down the road like what we do when our baby makes an escape. She said I am going to the dog park so I will bring him/her with us and if you find the owners send them there and I will be there with others with telescopes looking at the stars...I said deal..so I had been strolling through the dark neighbourhood looking for people walking and low-and-behold ran into 3 people that were taking a walk and they knew the owners and apparebtly this little one is a practicing Houdini protege so they were a few houses away and they were going to tell the owners...so this little angel should be home now..if I weren't sick, I couldn't have helped well this time anyway...see there is a a reason for everything...
    Andit, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So sorry you had to go through this - and the problem with some food which is bad, it doesn't look nor taste bad or different.

Hoping you are on the mend, though I know your body has been through a lot.
    I was unlucky to get food poisoning when I was at university, at the residence where I was staying - along with dozens of others. It was from canned mushrooms which were used in a gravy for a roast beef dinner. I just remember calling my mom and crying because it hurt so much... but of course she was far away.

It was a small residence, there was a women's floor and the men's below us - so just imagine all these sick people (from both ends) sharing a communal washroom... oh, it was awful.
    And so many of us had already called the university health centre, they said we just had to ride it out. I don't wish that on anyone else, it hurt so much.

So, hoping you are smiling again and with your husband home, he's able to love you up!
    Andit, Lynn49, wolfwoman and 2 others like this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would definitely take it seriously and report it. Reason being. . .what if someone who was sick or elderly had eaten that? It could have killed them! I'm very glad you made it thru ok, but food poisoning from poultry is quite serious.
    anisa, Andit, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, Oscarandme! I sure hope the sun is shining on you this morning, and your tummy troubles are only a faint memory, although I'm guessing you still feel weak and run-over by a truck.

Is your sweet hubby home, yet? They do worry about us, don't they?

So. You have lots of phone calls to make today...put on boxing gloves (your hubby may have to dial for you) and don't take a pat on the head as a serious response to what you had to endure! As my hubby would say, "Cowboy up!". Get to the big-wigs and demand answers! What provisions are in place regarding hygeine? Are employees tested for TB, for instance? Are there cameras where foods are being prepared? Ugh. Just gives me the heebie-geebies thinking of what may be going on! Call your local health unit, also...there may have been other complaints, so your voice will be added to them.

Good luck, report back, little soldier!
    Andit, wolfwoman and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Oh no dear Andit, I am so-so sorry you went through that too, did you call? send email?
    In my case, it was my own stupidity. 99% of the time when I go shopping I take a cooler bag with an ice pack to keep things cold, just in case I get delayed. But because my friend was driving me to the grocery store 5 minutes away and it wasn`t terribly hot outside, and this was an unplanned purchase just to try it (darn those coupons! ), well, things happen. Then to add to my stupidity, I got busy and forgot all about it, it was in my fridge for over a week before I thought to eat some. So...my own fault.

I tell you that`s the last time I go to the grocery store without a cooler bag and ice packs, even if I`m only getting canned goods. You just never know.

Oh and the brats have been darlings, they always know when I`m under the weather and behave. It`s when I try to fake it that they give me the evil eye.
    oscarandme likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh Natalka, Your residence experience sounds like a flippin' nightmare, poor you and your students and sharing a communal washroom...no words to express that picture together in my mind and not feel sick to my stomach for you. Poor you and not having your mommy close either... muchrooms...what the heck...I had some chicken broth last night and even that I was looking at like...should I chance it not just the possible body refection but the how was this packaged...that little chicken looked innocent just like the others did all the other times we bought some...canned muchrooms...I am speechless.

Riding it out is what I am doing, I called my doctor and she is on holidays and the replacement is over-booked..have to walk-in to get an appointment and that is not happening, still close to Bula.

Thank you always smiling and DH got home late last night and made some chicken broth and I slept a bit here and there but today was like a relapse..the weirdest thing. Still loopy and the cramps..and the obvious. Just resting allot. Thanks for sharing and well wishes and wishing this never ever happens again. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    So sorry you had to go through this - and the problem with some food which is bad, it doesn't look nor taste bad or different.

Hoping you are on the mend, though I know your body has been through a lot.
    I was unlucky to get food poisoning when I was at university, at the residence where I was staying - along with dozens of others. It was from canned mushrooms which were used in a gravy for a roast beef dinner. I just remember calling my mom and crying because it hurt so much... but of course she was far away.

It was a small residence, there was a women's floor and the men's below us - so just imagine all these sick people (from both ends) sharing a communal washroom... oh, it was awful.
    And so many of us had already called the university health centre, they said we just had to ride it out. I don't wish that on anyone else, it hurt so much.

So, hoping you are smiling again and with your husband home, he's able to love you up!
    Andit and Natalka like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information