321 (100%)

Way to go!
    ticul likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great brag
    macw1960, ticul and TooCouponCrazy like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congrats for saving money
    I would like to add my method also
    What works for me is to just give them a call after my contract expired.
    The best time to do it on the way home from office, Keeps me occupied and I save

The main problem is that all of us just forget to do so, and until we found out we lost great deal of money!

I may suggest free web tool I am using www.Remindme2save.com,
    The tool helps me keep track of my monthly payments to my service providers (Cox internet and DirectTV), when my promotion expires it will remind me to call them with the best promotion out there.

I hope it helps!
    macw1960 and ticul like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Mine too and I'm not too happy about it. I have tried everything to lower ours and it doesn't seem to work. This summer we have MAYBE had our air conditioner on half a dozen times (the other times we have just left the windows open at night because it's been so cool) and our bill this past month was the same as last summer's (and I know we had our air on everyday with the heat and because I was pregnant). I'm really getting frustrated. We don't have a large home and we always do our laundry during the "green" hours. I have everything that we don't use unplugged to save on "ghost" power. Our bill this past month was $185. There's two adults and one baby, we live on a well and septic, and during the "red" peak times I'm at the beach with our little one or out doing shopping. I don't understand it. We live in Ontario. Am I out of line in thinking our bill should be lower?
    macw1960 and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of my trick that I like to share.

since no one showers in our case 10 pm to 6 AM, please keep in mind that at 10 pm I do have a full water tank of hot water.

I put my water tank on a "TIMER", timer goes off at 9 pm and on at 5.45 AM and lowered the temperature to a temperature where we can shower on a full hot water , not split hot and cold water.

the savings are

9 pm and on at 5.45 AM: NO WASTE OF ENERGY NOR GAS
    lowered the temperature to a temperature where we can shower on a full hot water: THIS WAY WE DON'T BE BOILING WATER ALL DAY AND THEN SPLIT TO HOT AND COLD IN ORDER TO TAKE A SHOWER.
    when EVER WE REALLY NEED HOT WATER FOR DECREASING DISHES , WE JUST USE THE WATER KETTLE FOR IT INSTANTANEOUS.
    macw1960 and LIVE SIMPLE like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

all about saving
    Its been a while since there was a post in here but what I found was LED lights help and also cleaning out the dryer lint from inside the machine reduced dry time by about 10 mins and also one thing that improved my situation the most was my pump turned on every time i turned on water since I had the old galvanized tank and it was not holding air. I moved over to a pressurized tank. Cost me 100 bucks or so plus attachments so about 200 bucks. but it dropped my power usage by about 50-60 dollars a month. check how old your tank is and if it still has an air charge. if it doesn't then charge it up and try it again in a few weeks. if it lost its charge then you need a new tank. or if your pump comes on almost every time you turn the water on.
    macw1960 and all about saving like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good to hear, I just bought a bunch and hoping for the same result. nice to know the savings isn't a scam.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Thank you I will try!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Dust your light bulbs and I only saying this as I as bought some used lamps and the light bulbs were filthy.
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information