User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mariajames

Thread: Need advice??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired on: Thu, Jan 1st, 2015
    gotta know what I should tell Bell, when inquiring bout the high price of my bill with them. I want to note the competitors pricing, and identify some indescript billing items, but I always seem to come off a bit choppy, and I want to be sweet enough to give them reason to lower my rates. Also my parents are on a fixed income, and they should not have to pay nearly 50 bucks for phone, as theyve been with the company for 39 years.. and the internet service is outright highway robbery too...
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

When you call Bell, first of all you need to ask to talk to their loyalty department. There's discounts to be had just for being a long term customer. It's odd, when I say I want to maybe disconnect my home phone, they say it will save under $10 a month, but I certainly couldn't GET a home phone for that much.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think you'll be more successful if you bring them another service, television services, for example. They'll give you all kinds of deal to bring you over. For a landline, I didn't think they were that flexible, and I've been a customer for 30 years. The way they work is they'll try to give you more "options" like caller identification, for example. And they have this habbit that they'll charge an amount then give you a discount, which can disappear anytime.

If you find that they're not giving you a good deal, the only option is to cancel your service. The way they look at it, they have 30 days until they have to cancel your services. Within those 30 days, they'll call back with better deals to keep you as a customer.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think the blueeyetea is right that you can get another service from so they will be some kind of special deals....
    blueeyetea likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check your usage. If you or your parents only use a fraction of your current plan, then find a plan that fits. This will also make them try to deal or to upcharge on certain features. I saved about $40 moving from a Rogers $75 plan to a Koodo $35 plan, and I still don't use half my minutes/data/text.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just dont cancel your phone over the phone with them because you will loose your number. you need to Port the phone number over from another company or else you loose the phone #

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Usually if you only talks about phone, this won't be possible or may be but with a small chance, but if u combine it will cellphone, tv, or even internet, then it is different stories

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just check first plain, then do whatever you thing. I gotta agree on this with guys aboive

Thread Information