• 2 Post By torontogal12
  • 3 Post By tjthemanto
  • 3 Post By annedougherty
  • 3 Post By torontogal12
  • 3 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By FallenPixels
  • 2 Post By FallenPixels
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Wind Mobile : New great Plan + New very affordable roaming data rates.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

will launch on August 21

Wind Mobile celebrates back-to-school season with new Wind 35 plan

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/08/14/wi...-wind-35-plan/

Wind Mobile dropping rates for users roaming in USA and Canada, will offer 3G speeds across Canada

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/08/13/wi...sa-and-canada/
    This thread is currently associated with: WIND Mobile
    Ciel and addy25 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another thing to pay attention to for Wind is indoor coverage. Wind does not have as many repeaters in apartments, malls, and office towers.

I got a Wind mobile hotspot for Washington and Alaska. After paying $15 for US coverage. It would not work. Emails and online messages were very slow to respond. Not impressed.
    Last edited by xlxo; Wed, Aug 20th, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am stuck with Wind until December.

I used to love it but now it is ridiculous with dropped calls. I just made what should've been a 15 minute phonecall and the call was dropped twice!! Full bars and everything. The reception sounds very scribbly. You try to call back and it refuses to connect

I made a professional phonecall and the lady I was talking to couldn't hear what I am saying. Come January 1 I will be switching
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I am stuck with Wind until December.

I used to love it but now it is ridiculous with dropped calls. I just made what should've been a 15 minute phonecall and the call was dropped twice!! Full bars and everything. The reception sounds very scribbly. You try to call back and it refuses to connect

I made a professional phonecall and the lady I was talking to couldn't hear what I am saying. Come January 1 I will be switching
    yeah ..reception is still an issue in some of their areas.

they need to have almost 100 % coverage in their existing area first, before trying the expand into other areas.

i get Wind Home and Wind Away at the exact same spot, sometimes..I even have my roaming disabled so its not like I am accidentally roaming on someone else's tower.
    Ciel, annedougherty and addy25 like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

We are moving into a house 5 minutes from where we currently are. I have not checked in all areas of the house, but on the porch and half the main floor I cannot use my data with wind. I can receive a phone call but I haven't fully tested it. Mr. Anne has fido and doesn't get full bars either, but has no problems using his interweb. I love wind, but this doesn't really impress me too much lol.
    ROMEO, Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I live and work south of Queen Street in Toronto. It's one of the most populated areas in the country and was the original coverage area. I have seen their quality drop over the last few weeks. I can't use my phone becasue I can't get reception anymore or get dropped calls. If they can't do downtown Toronto, what can they do?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    yeah ..reception is still an issue in some of their areas.

they need to have almost 100 % coverage in their existing area first, before trying the expand into other areas.

i get Wind Home and Wind Away at the exact same spot, sometimes..I even have my roaming disabled so its not like I am accidentally roaming on someone else's tower.
    ROMEO, Ciel and addy25 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Brother cannot make calls from the basement but his phone sure does receive texts. Sibling has to go outside or be on the main floor to get indication that he can make a local call. Otherwise, it becomes a long distance issue.

I'll let him know about the promo as he got one of the earlier deals this spring.
    ROMEO, torontogal12 and addy25 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I rarely get dropped calls (unless on the GO train but that is an issue with all providers) but the actual coverage does seem to be going down. I can't even get service in the mall at their own store - and need to walk away from the mall before I get service, I can't even just go to the doors when I used to be able to use it there previously
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Brother cannot make calls from the basement but his phone sure does receive texts. Sibling has to go outside or be on the main floor to get indication that he can make a local call. Otherwise, it becomes a long distance issue.

I'll let him know about the promo as he got one of the earlier deals this spring.

If he already switched a plan recently, they charge you a fair bit to change again - especially between promo plans
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I asked him about the lack of voicemail-he said it cost extra. Let his network text him into a tizzy then. It irks when he can be reached by text but then his pals try to call the house number to leave a message. Really...

A friend has a more limited plan with Public Mobile (US & Int'l calls are extra) but $25/mo gets unlimited Canada calls,voicemail included, plus text/data. Made sure my sibling got that info!
    ROMEO likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information