• 1 Post By SassyAshley
  • 1 Post By macw1960
  • 2 Post By bmaven

Thread: Interesting No Frills Article

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Good morning all

This was on my Facebook newsfeed this morning.

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2014...ls_in_toronto/

It's actually pretty accurate I would say.

Take a look if you are a No Frills shopper.

Enjoy!
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills
    ticul, KAT_5998 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Thank you for sharing this info. It is very interesting. I think that would also be the same for other Chain Store. I think it all depend on who takes care of it. Thanks....................................
    Shine_eye and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

i wish someone did this for calgary...
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Took a look at the comments.
    Wow, people have a lot to say about the article and about their favourite No Frills.

In Oshawa, there is a new one opened by Costco. That should be interesting.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

This was actually surprising as I've never known No Frills to have deli or fish counters or even both!

My general consensus and that of family and friends is that No Frills always has bad produce, always sells out of things that are on sale within the first day or if you are lucky few days and rarely restocks them.

My local No Frills has very little selection and is probably the smallest one I've ever seen which I guess makes sense since it is in a small town but with only a Sobeys to compete with you would expect more. Added to that that our small local no frills always seems to have expiring products that nobody wants to buy and I don't think our store does too well. On a side note it does seem to be clean and the staff are nice.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think it would be interesting to see how all stores in one area compare. This article is about No Frills but in all honesty how does a Real Canadian Superstore or Freshco measure up to the No Frills in these areas?

Just to give an example I was at Real Canadian Superstore on Saturday of No Tax weekend which one would assume would be a busy weekend, I was there around 10 am. It was great for someone like me who is looking for a deal as the dairy section was pink stickers galore but on the flip side of this it was difficult to buy those items you would like a longer expiry on. I had been planning to buy PC Almond Milk but all expired in 3 days so yes I got it for 50% off but would have liked to get one with a longer expiry which they did not have. As well, well I was waiting for them to mark down the Almond Milk I did pick up there were two other people there looking for milk products both of which the store did not have stock of, to me it seems pretty ridiculous for a store to be out of Milk products on a Saturday morning.

As well when it comes to Freshco I try to avoid shopping there due my bad experiences especially with produce. One time I went in to purchase lettuce there were only 3 heads left two were already brown and turning to liquid the third was brown and looked like someone ran it over and based on what I have seen at this location it may have been an employee. I was in there another time and watched an employee run over an orange that fell on the floor and than pick it up and put it back on the shelf. As well a number of times I have gone in to see containers upon containers of strawberries full of mold sitting on the shelf and to be honest I actual find Freshco worse for having products that are on sale vs No Frills and there staff is no help. They have no idea if they do or not have a product, if they do have it where you would find it and if they are out do not bother asking when it will be in they do not know and will just make things up. I was in there one day looking for a meat product that was on sale which of course they had none of there, there was myself and two other people all looking for the same product. There was a man getting very upset he explained he had been to the store 5 times looking for this product every time he came in he was given a day and time it would be in and he would come to find out they did not have any. Turns out the last time he was in the employee we were speaking to this time was the one that was there last time he was and when the man called him out saying you told me to come back the employees response was I guessed we would have some by now and I guessed wrong if you have been here 5 times give up. Sorry what can I say I have very little good to say about Freshco, they were great when they first opened and said how they would be nothing like Price Chopper that was there before them but in all honesty they are now exactly that like the old Price Chopper which I never shopped in due to their lack of product, horrible produce and no customer service.

I think it all comes down to the store, locally our No Frills has the best produce at the best price, but than again in town we only have No Frills or Sobey's all other stores are a 15 minute drive. I will not pay Sobey's prices and No Frills has actually been quite good lately on being full stocked and having nice produce and they price match. So if I do not get to shop on a weekend when I can got to Real Canadian Superstore (30 minute drive) I will try to do as much of shopping as I can at No Frills.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Thanks for posting.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I loved the lansdowne and dundas one when I lived in TO. It is amazing! I really miss it
    KAT_5998 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information