User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: How are you best using your Bonus Redemption this weekend

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dying to know what coupon combos and things people are using at the Redemption. I am doing two tomorrow.
    So Please Share.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ssbean and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Getting a pair of Beats Solo. Regular price $250 (I think), using a 20% off regular price item. Price after 20% is $200. Redemption at the highest level making them free except for taxes.
    ROMEO, ssbean, ancarett and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm looking for some great deal suggestions as well.
    Non advertised clearance items: simply foods
    Current Rebates: Oxiclean, Resolve, Air Wick Car, Air Wick liquid pump
    Website Bonus SDM points: 500 Rolaids, 500-2 Starbucks Refreshers, 500-2Colgate optic white,1000-2 Nivea body, 1000-2 Always Infinity or Tampax Pearl,500-2 Old Spice, 1000-2 Herbal Essence naked, 1000 Pantene Pro-V Expert, 500-2 Crest Pro-Health toothpaste, rinse and Oral-B cross action toothbrush, 1000 Oral-B Vitality,1000-2 Garnier Fructis damage erase,800-2 LB feminine hygiene products,1500-2 LB clear action,1000 Aveeno baby,
    ROMEO, ssbean and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    Getting a pair of Beats Solo. Regular price $250 (I think), using a 20% off regular price item. Price after 20% is $200. Redemption at the highest level making them free except for taxes.
    Got the Beats Solo Wireless Bluetooth. Paid $26 which is only the tax. One Christmas gift done!
    ROMEO, ssbean, Decaf and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am not participating in this redemption because i dont need to shop for more than $40-$50 right now. And as a fellow member on the other thread posted that "spend 50k points get 15k back" is the best promo; i calculated that this promo gives 800points=$1.92 so i am waiting for sdm to offer me this deal somewhere near december. Then i am going to redeem my points.
    ROMEO, ssbean, Decaf and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I did a $100 redemption today and got a Tassimo T20 coffee machine for $69.99 and nicotine gum. The coffee machine was marked at $149! I asked the manager if I could get it for $69, the sale price I've seen recently, and she said yes! We have a Tassimo machine, but it's getting old and hasn't been working well lately. Very happy with my redemption today!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

This is probably a mistake but I'm heading to SDM this morning with no clear idea in mind for what I want to do. I have the 20x WUS $30 on OTC, the printable for 8000 pts WUS $40 on anything and the mailed coups for $10 off $50 ...$15 off $60 and $20 off $75..... I need some basic groceries - milk,bread,cheese, tuna, cereal and some allergy meds....We'll see what stuff they have marked down and go from there. They seem to be using different codes on all their coupons now (like the mailed $ off ones in July/Aug were 4 digit and the new ones are 5 digit) so not sure if these will work together or not - for example if I spend $75 - then use both the 20x on OTC and 8000 WUS 40 and then $20 off the total so my OOP is $55 but I have 14000 pts ? Anyone tried this recently?
    ROMEO and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    This is probably a mistake but I'm heading to SDM this morning with no clear idea in mind for what I want to do. I have the 20x WUS $30 on OTC, the printable for 8000 pts WUS $40 on anything and the mailed coups for $10 off $50 ...$15 off $60 and $20 off $75..... I need some basic groceries - milk,bread,cheese, tuna, cereal and some allergy meds....We'll see what stuff they have marked down and go from there. They seem to be using different codes on all their coupons now (like the mailed $ off ones in July/Aug were 4 digit and the new ones are 5 digit) so not sure if these will work together or not - for example if I spend $75 - then use both the 20x on OTC and 8000 WUS 40 and then $20 off the total so my OOP is $55 but I have 14000 pts ? Anyone tried this recently?

I didnt try so many "big" coupons but last night i used 8000 bp wus $40.00 or more. It says points to be added later and it has to be scanned instead of punched in the code. There is no coupon id showing on the receipt but i know that the cashier scanned it. Now i'll have to wait and see what happens on the 7th Sept, as points are supposed to be awarded by the end of 7th Sept.
    And also, this specific coupon says that maximum 8000 points to be awarded in this transaction or something like that. I received 1920 total points on my last night transaction so now i dont know if i am going to get 8000 points or 8000-1920=6020 points. I hope i get 8000 bp because that's what i want.

anyways let us know what happens with your transaction today. Good luck!
    ROMEO and dahliagrower like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I didnt try so many "big" coupons but last night i used 8000 bp wus $40.00 or more. It says points to be added later and it has to be scanned instead of punched in the code. There is no coupon id showing on the receipt but i know that the cashier scanned it. Now i'll have to wait and see what happens on the 7th Sept, as points are supposed to be awarded by the end of 7th Sept.
    And also, this specific coupon says that maximum 8000 points to be awarded in this transaction or something like that. I received 1920 total points on my last night transaction so now i dont know if i am going to get 8000 points or 8000-1920=6020 points. I hope i get 8000 bp because that's what i want.

I used this coupon last night too, I heard the beep when the cashier scanned it, in begining I didnt see coupon on receipt, but after someone reminded me in the other post, I did found there is a line follow the last purchased item shows *coupon #14916.
    I think if you don't find it, better to contact customer service about this transation.
    Last edited by shunshun; Sun, Aug 24th, 2014 at 04:27 PM.
    ROMEO, ssbean and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post

The points awarded will be 8000 besides the 1920 you've already received. The coupon is just saying it doesn't matter if you spend $40, $80, or $120, you will still only get 8000 points

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    The points awarded will be 8000 besides the 1920 you've already received. The coupon is just saying it doesn't matter if you spend $40, $80, or $120, you will still only get 8000 points

Oh thank God! And thank YOU for letting me know. Im pretty happy with my points right now.
    ROMEO, ssbean and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shunshun View Post
    I used this coupon last night too, I heard the beep when the cashier scanned it, in begining I didnt see coupon on receipt, but after someone reminded me in the other post, I did found there is a line follow the last purchased item shows *coupon #14916.
    I think if you don't find it, better to contact customer service about this transation.

yessss! I found the code. Strangely it really was under the last scanned item but it was not highlighted like the other sdm coupons usually are, so thats why i missed it.
    ROMEO, ssbean and dahliagrower like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Let us know how using those coupons turn out.
    ROMEO, ssbean and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I think those new mail out coupons will be hard to use .... I tried on Sunday -- to use $20 WUS $75 along with 2 other points coupons - the printable 8000 pts WUS $40 and the personalized one for 20x WUS $30 on OTC .... so I thought I would be good with spending $75 that I had met both of the other individual offers $35 OTC stuff and $40 on other stuff) but no go. The cashier is young but always tries to make it work - so we tried taking off one of the other coupons and it still didn't work.

The front end manager came up to see if she could help (not very successfully) and said it was because I was using two other pts coupons - one for dish soap and one for Herbal essence..... I think they just changed how it works at HO .... as I have done all these in combo before and not had any problems..... so I will plan to use these $10/$15/$20 off when I redeem in future without any printable points coupons ..... It wasn't that successful a shop but I needed the stuff I bought but I've gotten so used to getting outrageously good deals at SDM and this wasn't one of those shops!
    ROMEO and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    I think those new mail out coupons will be hard to use .... I tried on Sunday -- to use $20 WUS $75 along with 2 other points coupons - the printable 8000 pts WUS $40 and the personalized one for 20x WUS $30 on OTC .... so I thought I would be good with spending $75 that I had met both of the other individual offers $35 OTC stuff and $40 on other stuff) but no go. The cashier is young but always tries to make it work - so we tried taking off one of the other coupons and it still didn't work.

The front end manager came up to see if she could help (not very successfully) and said it was because I was using two other pts coupons - one for dish soap and one for Herbal essence..... I think they just changed how it works at HO .... as I have done all these in combo before and not had any problems..... so I will plan to use these $10/$15/$20 off when I redeem in future without any printable points coupons ..... It wasn't that successful a shop but I needed the stuff I bought but I've gotten so used to getting outrageously good deals at SDM and this wasn't one of those shops!

Do you remember which coupon was creating probles? The coupon system is not accepting is highlighted in red when they hit total key. Last week my $20 off wus $75.00 or more was not working, i left sdm without buying anything, called HO and they told me that theie system is creating problem with this specific coupon. It was their fault. :s
    ROMEO and dahliagrower like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information