User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Is it new policy that shoppers no longer taking internet printable coupon?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just came back from shoppers on 8th st in Saskatoon, the young boy cashier refused my 2 printed coupon, one is 0.5 off on 2L milk from save.ca , another one is pampers 1 off from P&G website, he explained they don't accept home print coupon. I realized there are more and more big company started using smartsource to print their coupon, but shoppers don't accept them, why they even exist?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pampers, Save.ca Coupons, Shoppers Drug Mart, Smart Source
    ticul and momi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Usually go to the SDM at Centre Mall, no problems using printed coupons there - last time was a week ago. Did you go there, or Grosvenor?
    ROMEO and shunshun like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Usually go to the SDM at Centre Mall, no problems using printed coupons there - last time was a week ago. Did you go there, or Grosvenor?

Grosvenor, its little closer to my house, I don't drive, so have to bare with it. sigh
    Last edited by shunshun; Sat, Aug 23rd, 2014 at 11:41 PM.
    ROMEO and momi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Shoppers has thier own printable coupons so that makes no sense
    ROMEO, shunshun and momi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy1324 View Post
    Shoppers has thier own printable coupons so that makes no sense
    He took their own coupons, but not the ones from others today, but there was one from inserts, he took it.

he also scanned the buy 40, get 8k pt, but I can't see where shows system accept it and will give me the 8k pt on Sep 7th.
    ROMEO, ticul and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shunshun View Post
    He took their own coupons, but not the ones from others today, but there was one from inserts, he took it.

he also scanned the buy 40, get 8k pt, but I can't see where shows system accept it and will give me the 8k pt on Sep 7th.
    Talk to the manager next time. They won't accept printable on free item (printable free product coupon) but the rest they should accept. Check your receipt there should be a line that said " * coupon ######" if he scanned your 8k coupon. If you don't see that line that means it's not scanned and you have a choice to go back to store tomorrow to straighten it out, or deal with head office on Monday. SDM Optimum phone line open on Saturday too.
    ROMEO, dahliagrower, ticul and 1 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sorry, my mistake, there is something like you described on the receipt which I didnt see clear. thank you very much.
    ROMEO likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had one shoppers that refused the printed coupons, so that specific SDM franchise has lost of business forever. and then I emailed head office and let them know about it.

I try to remember to bring the coupon policy with me when I go to any SDM, which states that they accept printed coupons.
    ROMEO, ticul, shunshun and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hopefully it was just that one cashier....

Husband was today at the SDM off Boychuk, and he was hassled over an FPC for a Lindt chocolate bar. Ended up the cashier made him pay for it, then refunded the money to him. So stupid because he was buying lots of other stuff. Duh...
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Aug 24th, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only met this situation once, the cashier and supervisor won't accept the printed coupon.
    I also tried to show them the policy, they called their manager, then they still asked me to pay first. Then they kept the coupons, called me on the next day.
    Says the coupon cannot be accepted, however she will do it for me this time, but not in the future. So stupid. I am living so far away from the location. Sigh...
    Anyway, you can contact the head office for the issue, I believe it can be solved.
    ROMEO, ticul and shunshun like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Hong View Post
    I only met this situation once, the cashier and supervisor won't accept the printed coupon.
    I also tried to show them the policy, they called their manager, then they still asked me to pay first. Then they kept the coupons, called me on the next day.
    Says the coupon cannot be accepted, however she will do it for me this time, but not in the future. So stupid. I am living so far away from the location. Sigh...
    Anyway, you can contact the head office for the issue, I believe it can be solved.
    I'd call head office and the shoppers optimum line. Get them to give you extra optimum points for the loss in gas and time, and the effort/trouble that you had to go through.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Hong View Post
    I went to the other shoppers which was littler further from my home, they accepted the printed milk coupon without any question.
    Anyway, I am not going to argue if they don't take my coupon, tired.
    Natalka, ticul and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I HATE this 8th street in the Grosvner Park...I have always had problem...just go somewhere else!

EDIT: I once went there and return an item for the first time ever, and cashier be like "you ALWAYS return items, gee"..like really I rarely go to this store and I ask her nope, but then she started saying 'yes, it was you, who always does that blah blah'. So I always avoid this location!
    Last edited by Arvilish; Tue, Sep 2nd, 2014 at 02:19 PM.
    shunshun likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to center mall shoppers saskatoon on Sat, was going to redeem 25000pt, but couldn't find enough stuff, so I just grabbed 1 pack of N size pampers at 10.99, and 2L milk. I had 4 0ff when you buy any pampers diaper shoppers coupon and 1 off printed MF pampers coupon, when I tried to check out at the back door in that shoppers, the old woman didn't let me use 2 coupons at same time, she said, one coupon one time, I told her I used many times with one shoppers coupon and 1 manufactory coupon together, but she just denied me and asked me go to the front talk to the manager. Then I went to the front and the young women cashier just used my 2 coupons without any question.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some SDM stores have had problems with fraud such as photocopying coupons and double printing. SDM won't get reimbursed if it is fraudulent. The store owners do have the right to refuse coupons.
    I give them the entire printed sheet when giving them printed coupons. I also give them the entire advertisement for the mailed out cheques to prove that it belongs to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information