User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Herbal Essences unbrag - what's the etiquette?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I'm an infrequent couponer, I only go after the deals on items I'm already using/loving. In this case, it was the Herbal Essences deal at Loblaws for $0.95. I was already at Wal-Mart and thought, why not? I love this conditioner anyways! Of course, being 10pm, the shelves were cleared, but I spotted a skid being unpacked and scored 4 HE conditioners. With the $1.50 off WUB2, it's $0.20 each. Yay!

Not yay. I left my cart in the aisle for about 1 minute to go look at the price of facial cleansers. I came back to the cart, and the 4 HEs were gone. Gone from my cart with eggs, milk, and other grocery items that indicated that this was a cart in use. whattttt???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought when you have items in a cart, this should mean it's spoken for?

Anyways, I found 2 last HEs in that same skid again, so I still walked away with something. Just stunned that people were THAT desperate!
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Walmart

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Oh wow, that's terrible. I can't believe someone would do that!
    Ciel and momi like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Was it close to closing time? It could have been an employee that took the cart and was going to put everything back before the store closed. All to often I've seen carts left abandoned, with milk, meat, and other perishable items in them. I really don't thing someone would go shopping in your cart. I could see it if it was just the Herbal Essence shampoo/conditioner as you stated that there was none left on the shelf and I've had that happen to me where someone goes shopping in my cart. But it's only for things that are already cleared from a shelf.
    Ciel and momi like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OMG so rude!
    ROMEO, hollyquaiscer, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that is just unbelievable......sorry to hear that hun
    ROMEO, hollyquaiscer, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Might be time for someone to make up a foam clipon for cart handle-Excuse me, the contents of the cart are spoken for by this customer. I have social media watching this cart.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Happen to me a few times at No Frills when there was a sale on chicken breasts - I put my cart over to pick up a few things and saw a woman grab from my cart - I gave her hell and she looked shocked like i was in the wrong - not my fault you came to the sale late and same thing - different No Frills and caught her red handed. Some people don't care
    ROMEO, torontogal12, momi and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Was it close to closing time? It could have been an employee that took the cart and was going to put everything back before the store closed. All to often I've seen carts left abandoned, with milk, meat, and other perishable items in them. I really don't thing someone would go shopping in your cart. I could see it if it was just the Herbal Essence shampoo/conditioner as you stated that there was none left on the shelf and I've had that happen to me where someone goes shopping in my cart. But it's only for things that are already cleared from a shelf.
    From what I read, it sounds like OP was saying that JUST the Herbal Essence was taken, not the whole cart - they were just saying there were other things in the cart that indicated it was in use.

OP, that is awful! I can't believe the nerve of some people. I don't have a Loblaws anywhere near me, but frankly I'm happy that deal is over, because it sounds like people were behaving just awful over it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

how annoying. I've had people take my cart by mistake not deliberately.
    ROMEO, hollyquaiscer and momi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WTH? What is wrong with all the people obssessed with HE these 2 days? Seriously i have read atleast 3 unbrags about this particular deal of HE in just 2 days. But taking things from someone else's cart...this is outrageous.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Taking items from someone else's cart is just rude ! Getting a great deal is awesome but where's human decency?? People have no shame.

I was at Freshco and during Thanksgiving last year, I remember the guy in front of me checking out. Then he noticed his turkey was missing! Someone took it. It was obviously in a cart with other groceries and someone took it. Freaking unbelievable. I've never seen this before until I moved to Toronto. Really sad that. People behave this way.
    ROMEO, Decaf, torontogal12 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Someone stole my whole cart at WM once, lmfao. You just have to laugh, some people are so pathetic and desperate that they WILL do pretty much anything.

Quote Originally Posted by joandstef View Post
    Taking items from someone else's cart is just rude ! Getting a great deal is awesome but where's human decency?? People have no shame.

I was at Freshco and during Thanksgiving last year, I remember the guy in front of me checking out. Then he noticed his turkey was missing! Someone took it. It was obviously in a cart with other groceries and someone took it. Freaking unbelievable. I've never seen this before until I moved to Toronto. Really sad that. People behave this way.
    OMG. I've always imagined that happening, and I guess my mom has too, because when we go 'turkey hunting' she makes me hover over our 'catch' Maybe her paranoia of having someone snatch her turkey right out of her cart (my mom is a marathon turkey woman, she hunts through every turkey for the best size and price, sometimes we spend 45 minutes in a store just doing that... brrrrr) is valid!
    Last edited by Chantel; Tue, Aug 26th, 2014 at 04:14 PM.
    ROMEO, walkonby, wolfwoman and 3 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Too bad you didn't catch them taking them!
    Anna Michele and momi like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

That is really rude and inappropriate....Wow some people....
    momi likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have no words for that. Completely new level of low in my opinion.

If it was a member of staff, you'd think the perishables would be taken out first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information