• 3 Post By Andit
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By Patty Smyth

Thread: 9 yo girl shoots, kills instructor with Uzi

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

story here..

A nine year-old girl in the US has killed her shooting instructor by accident while being shown how to use a high-powered submachine gun. The instructor was giving the girl a lesson at a shooting range in Arizona when the recoil from the automatic fire caused her to lose control of the Uzi.
    Charles Vacca, 39, was shot in the head and died after being airlifted to a hospital in Las Vegas.
    The girl was at the shooting range with her parents, who filmed the lesson.
    The footage shows the instructor coaching her as she fires a single shot at a target at the Last Stop shooting range in White Hills, Arizona.
    The Uzi then appears to be switched to automatic as the girl pulls the trigger and loses her grip of the weapon.
    The video, edited and released by the Mojave County Sheriff's office, ends abruptly before the instructor is shot.
    The website of the shooting range, called Bullets and Burgers, says children aged eight and older can shoot a weapon if they are accompanied by a parent.
    Range operator Sam Scarmardo told Klas TV that they had never had an incident in the 12 years it has been open.
    "We really don't know what happened. Our guys are trained to basically hover over people when they're shooting," he said.
    "If they're shooting right-handed, we have our right-hand behind them ready to push the weapon out of the way. And if they're left-handed, the same thing."
    This thread is currently associated with: Target
    Andit likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Like our DD said this morning....Darwin's theory strikes again. Yes for the purists, it was Herbert Spencer, but usually attributed to Darwin.

This whole incident is so wrong in so many ways! WHY on earth does a nine year old need to know how to fire an Uzi!? Why ANYONE does should be the question! I saw an interview of the owner of this gun range....anyone, even 8-yr olds can fire ANY weapon of their choosing! Why?! What the hell purpose can that possibly serve? Just because some rednecks want to fire an Uzi, they SHOULD have that opportunity? Really? This makes sense to people?!

It's a tragedy that the instructor was killed, and a tragedy that the little girl and her parents have to carry this for the rest of their lives. Good parenting. They should be charged with negligence!

Just downright stupid. There is no other word for it!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Aug 27th, 2014 at 01:08 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Like our DD said this morning....Darwin's theory strikes again. Yes for the purists, it was Herbert Spencer, but usually attributed to Darwin.

This whole incident is so wrong in so many ways! WHY on earth does a nine year old need to know how to fire an Uzi!? Why ANYONE does should be the question! I saw an interview of the owner of this gun range....anyone, even 8-yr olds can fire ANY weapon of their choosing! Why?! What the hell purpose can that possibly serve? Just because some rednecks want to fire an Uzi, they SHOULD have that opportunity? Really? This makes sense to people?!

It's a tragedy that the instructor was killed, and a tragedy that the little girl and her parents have to carry this for the rest of their lives. Good parenting. They should be charged with negligence!

Just downright stupid. There is no other word for it!
    Lynn, that story was in my news feed and at first I clicked on the video, but as I hear him speaking to her my blood vessels tightened up...I stopped it, could not bear to see if they actually showed the damn thing recoiling. Honestly! what are those parents thinking now?? ( what were they thinking before? )
    Unbelievable.
    Andit and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have no idea what makes a parent think a 9yr old needs to shoot an automatic.

I was just a bit older than that when my cousin's grandfather taught me how to use an air rifle (the only time visiting a farm was fun for this city gal). It was just around that time I learned to use a bow & arrow (now that thing hurt).

I suppose my point is that there are other safer alternatives that have the same lesson, if learning hand-eye co-ordination is the goal. Someone that young really shouldn't be playing with guns that have that much recoil. Also sounds like something went wonky with either the instructor or the gun.

Sad what the little girl has to live with for the rest of her life.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Murica!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

What a terrible tragedy this is.... there was no excuse for that gun to not have been set properly for a single shot.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

These parents have sh*t for brains. Their fault now the poor kid will be traumatized for life.
    Lynn49 and tiffy1324 like this.

Thread Information