User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Am I doing wrong? shop.ca rant

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I reffered my dad who is obviously different name from me through shop.ca, he asked me use his account to buy a stroller for my baby which is 250bucks, and for this purchase, I can have my refferal credit of 25, but now shop.ca refused giving me my 25 credit, because my account and dad's account have same shipping address!!!!

What's wrong with that?

I called and explained the situation, but the CS insisted they need to check more because I have 4 accounts which was under different names (me, husband, my mom, my dad) had same shipping address. I think 4 people has 4 accounts is very normal even they put same address for the time being, because parents were living temperaly with me when they visiting me.

Am I doing wrong? If not, why they are making problems for me. Buying something happily become fighting for sth made me really sad.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

They banned us for the same reason. I think in their perfect world there is one person per computer per address. Arses.

Bully for them.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    They banned us for the same reason. I think in their perfect world there is one person per computer per address. Arses.

Bully for them.
    If their policy is really so strict, I am fine if they tell people clearly in the begining, according to their over priced items, I won't buy from them. Not after people bought sth and looking for all kinds of excuese to refuse paying the credit.

I just feel being cheated, when we decided to buy a stroller, we compared and calculate the cost including all the rebates and credit between different stores, because of the little better after-all price, so we bought from them, now my 25 credit is gone, then why should I buy from them in the begining. the same stroller is 167usd on overstock.com
    Last edited by shunshun; Sat, Aug 30th, 2014 at 11:23 AM.
    ROMEO and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Most places for referrals usually have a 1 offer per household policy. It sucks because a lot of people can't afford to live to alone so only one person in the house can get the deal. But from the companies stand point there's also nothing stopping the same person from signing up under multiple names/emails with the same address and abusing whatever the promo/freebie etc is.
    It's another case of dishonest people ruining it for everyone.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Most places for referrals usually have a 1 offer per household policy. It sucks because a lot of people can't afford to live to alone so only one person in the house can get the deal. But from the companies stand point there's also nothing stopping the same person from signing up under multiple names/emails with the same address and abusing whatever the promo/freebie etc is.
    Too bad, shop.ca didn't say anything about the household policy, http://www.shop.ca/c/shop-social-loyalty, because they are sending thousands of 25off 75 through paypal everywhere other than the refrral program, its not freebie, you still need to pay at least 75+tax -25 for their highly over priced items.
    Last edited by shunshun; Sat, Aug 30th, 2014 at 12:41 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shop.ca I never shopped @that website
    ROMEO and shunshun like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This kind of policy stinks. I live have college aged kids with me and I have made them ineligible for things. Glad I'm scared or maybe I'd be ineligible if they got it first. I think it should be per individual.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I've stopped shopping with them. Their customer service is crud.
    They took legitimate credits from my account before they expired and never returned them.
    Overpriced and just overall not recommended. Take your business elsewhere.
    elayjosh, Natalka, ROMEO and 2 others like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have shopped with them many times and have never had a problem. When I needed to return something there were no questions asked. I received a return label. Stuck the product in the mail and within a week the credit was issued to my account, including the promo code I used.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That policy kind of stinks. I have had problems in the past because I live in an apartment building. The building has the same street address but we all have different unit numbers. I wouldn't think it should matter. Anyway, hope it all works out for you.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

A lot of sites have the rule of 1 account per address. As is the same with save.ca, websaver, go coupons and a bunch more. Just because people don't get caught, everyone thinks it's ok,and if a person is to read the fine print, it's not. BUT, having said that, all these sites should make it a practise to have this little known fact in big bold letters if they're going to make a big deal about it. Most of us don't pull out the seeing eye glasses just to read the fine print.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    A lot of sites have the rule of 1 account per address. As is the same with save.ca, websaver, go coupons and a bunch more. Just because people don't get caught, everyone thinks it's ok,and if a person is to read the fine print, it's not. BUT, having said that, all these sites should make it a practise to have this little known fact in big bold letters if they're going to make a big deal about it. Most of us don't pull out the seeing eye glasses just to read the fine print.

I think my case is not the one you were talking about, because shop.ca is highly over priced, they want people make purchase of 75+ after all the discounts, and after 60 days, they give the 25 credit, it's not like the websites you've metioned, mail out free coupons. they won't lose anything if people spend 75+ on their website(its pretty hard to find exactly $75, the item I bought is 250 plus tax), thats why they encourage people earn "unlimited credit" as long as refering more people. and the 25 credit is still their own money if you can't find anything around 25 worth to buy.

and there is no word say you can't refer families on their website, even the fine print.

if not because of the 25 credit, I wouldn't buy from them after I compared their price with other retailers. they were cheating by promissing the credit and don't want to give in my case
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shunshun View Post
    I think my case is not the one you were talking about, because shop.ca is highly over priced, they want people make purchase of 75+ after all the discounts, and after 60 days, they give the 25 credit, it's not like the websites you've metioned, mail out free coupons. they won't lose anything if people spend 75+ on their website(its pretty hard to find exactly $75, the item I bought is 250 plus tax), thats why they encourage people earn "unlimited credit" as long as refering more people. and the 25 credit is still their own money if you can't find anything around 25 worth to buy.

and there is no word say you can't refer families on their website, even the fine print.

if not because of the 25 credit, I wouldn't buy from them after I compared their price with other retailers. they were cheating by promissing the credit and don't want to give in my case
    don't think your issue is you referring family members, it's that the people you referred have the same physical address(and possibly the same last name) as you and it's raising red flags on their end.
    It does say in the link you posted that they reserve the right to refuse credits if they think the same person is using multiple accounts to earn credits. That's clearly NOT what you are doing and you legitimately referred people who made a purchase and you should get your credits. I would call back until you find someone who can help you get your credits or return the stroller, get your money back and buy it elsewhere.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

don't think your issue is you referring family members, it's that the people you referred have the same physical address(and possibly the same last name) as you and it's raising red flags on their end.
    It does say in the link you posted that they reserve the right to refuse credits if they think the same person is using multiple accounts to earn credits. That's clearly NOT what you are doing and you legitimately referred people who made a purchase and you should get your credits. I would call back until you find someone who can help you get your credits or return the stroller, get your money back and buy it elsewhere.
    yes, I do have same Last name as my dad, but our first name are different, the CS didn't want to admit we are different person who used same shipping address for some purchase. because he sent the stroller as the gift to my baby, of course he send to my address, and he is from china who dosen't speak english, he need me to help him make this order, but no matter, we paid 250+ for this order to get the 25 credit, if we know this is not allowed, we wouldn't risk buying expensive stuff there....I just don't know why they don't get it, no matter I refer who ,where the person live, the truth is the referred people need to make eligible payment so that I can get credit. what's the difference person A or person B paid for it or ship to where, they got same amount of payment anyway.

Funny thing is I got email from shop.ca say I got 25 credit for the referral at 12am Sep 1st. I thought they finnaly realized they were wrong on my case.
    So I try to log in see what's going on there, website says my account is locked due to too many failed attempt log in, ask me contact them. and then I tried all the four accounts, only my dad's account can log in. other three were locked. I tried to call them, but nobody answer the phone, maybe because it's labour day.

I was hesitating whether I should protect my right and fight with them, or just let it go. I feel uneasy, the company bully the customer like me. is it Canada? a place where should be fair, people have self respect and freedom of speech, is it the place I decided to immigrate to?
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shunshun View Post
    yes, I do have same Last name as my dad, but our first name are different, the CS didn't want to admit we are different person who used same shipping address for some purchase. because he sent the stroller as the gift to my baby, of course he send to my address, and he is from china who dosen't speak english, he need me to help him make this order, but no matter, we paid 250+ for this order to get the 25 credit, if we know this is not allowed, we wouldn't risk buying expensive stuff there....I just don't know why they don't get it, no matter I refer who ,where the person live, the truth is the referred people need to make eligible payment so that I can get credit. what's the difference person A or person B paid for it or ship to where, they got same amount of payment anyway.

Funny thing is I got email from shop.ca say I got 25 credit for the referral at 12am Sep 1st. I thought they finnaly realized they were wrong on my case.
    So I try to log in see what's going on there, website says my account is locked due to too many failed attempt log in, ask me contact them. and then I tried all the four accounts, only my dad's account can log in. other three were locked. I tried to call them, but nobody answer the phone, maybe because it's labour day.

I was hesitating whether I should protect my right and fight with them, or just let it go. I feel uneasy, the company bully the customer like me. is it Canada? a place where should be fair, people have self respect and freedom of speech, is it the place I decided to immigrate to?
    I know you're not asking, but if I were you I would just refund my entire order and buy from another retailer.
    After all, they do offer free refunds. Don't waste anymore of your time with them after that.
    Shop.ca does not represent Canada as a whole. We are a fabulous country.
    Shop.ca is just a crappy, highly overpriced online retailer.
    elayjosh, Natalka, ROMEO and 3 others like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information