User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Target Brag x 2

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Time to admit it, I never shop at Target, went in when it first opened and was not at all impressed and have not returned. But yesterday I went in on a mission and at first I thought my shopping trip was going to go downhill fast. The first department I went into purses was bare most pegs had nothing on them those that did only had one or two purses, flashbacks of my first shopping trip and walking out empty handed started to come back to me. But it all turned around quickly.

Brag # 1 - This has nothing to do with savings but still a huge brag for me

Wal-Mart no longer carries my make-up which does not sound like a big deal but my skin can be super weird (I know some of you are sitting there shaking there head going yep, yep get that). Well I use a one step powder, I cannot use a one step cream even when they say they turns to powder or dries like powder, I cannot use it leave me looking oily. A regular liquid foundation does not work either, other than taking my routine from 1 step to 2 steps my face breaks out when I use regular foundation. I was so desperate I came home and went on every website that sells cover girl but all were sold out or asking a ridiculous price (will not mention the site but I used to pay $6.97 and they were selling it for $48,99, yeah I don't think so). I even thought about trying to talk my mom into go to the states for the weekend so I could looks for it there.

As my last ditch attempt to find my make up I decided to go into Target when we went shopping this weekend. They did not have my old foundation but had something similar. I got so excited I bought all 3 they had in my colour (if they do not work my mom will return when she works this week). But yeah almost did a happy dance in the make up section of Target, it cost me about $1.00 more per package but totally worth it for my face to not break out. As well on a frugal note now I can return the $30 worth of make up I bought last week to try (I have not tried it yet and have no opened it) so this will cover the cost of the new make up and I should now be stocked up for months (I am hoping until Christmas).

Brag # 2 - Baby Shower Gift

My cousin's wife is pregnant, I will not be able to attend her shower but will send a gift with my step mom and sister. She does not know they are throwing this shower for her and as of right now they really have not thought about what they want for the baby and her registry is still quite small. So I needed to get creative, here is what I found in Target all on clearance:

1 x Nursing Pads $2.44 (this item is on her registry)
    1 x Cart Cover $9.49
    1 x Baby Einstein Mobile $4.20

So for under $20 this is what I got:
    Name:  IMG_0179.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  59.7 KB

I think i did really well for $20
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Walmart
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Junior Canuck FreeIsMyFavourite's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Awesome shower gift!
    ssbean, ticul, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy you did wonderfull -nice shower gift and way to go on the makeup you need
    ssbean, ticul, SassyAshley and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's good that you found your makeup. And look at the the price you paid for baby einstein mobile.
    I guess the batteries used in it cost more than mobile's price. Lol. This is THE best price you paid for a shower gift. And, please, dont forget to take off the price tags especially for the mobile.
    ssbean, ticul, SassyAshley and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Price tags have been removed they were kind of my biggest fear as I was not sure how easily Target tags remove. The mobile rang up at $29.99 and right away I pointed out it was wrong and I was impressed the cashier was great and just said okay let's stop and look.

I already know my cousin is going to ask me how much I paid, he is all about the $$$ spent. He tried for weeks to find out what I paid for their wedding shower gift even though I purchased an item off their registry, but he knows I bought it else where for cheaper which bothers him.
    Ciel, ssbean, ticul and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's amazing! I may have to check out target more often.
    ssbean, ticul, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice that you took a second chance at target and got great makeup and baby shower gifts. Way to go
    ROMEO, ssbean, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Great savings! I don't think you can beat that price for a baby shower gift!
    ssbean, ticul and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Excellent baby shower gift! I'm sure they will love it.
    ROMEO, ssbean, ticul and 1 others like this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Wow! Great shop Ashley...
    You can't beat $4.20 for a mobile....
    Glad you were able to find some make-up that you can use.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

What a great shower gift at an amazing price. WTG!! Hope you enjoy your new makeup.
    ROMEO, ticul, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A great shopping trip. Good deals.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, Sassy, you are a great shopper. As for your make up, I am glad that you found what you like. It is so important for me to get the make up that I like so I really understand you. The Baby shower gift, now that is a different story. It is the first time for me that I see price so low and good for you for finding them and those a great gift to give also. I just went to one and it cost me a lot more then that and with coupons too.As for your cousin, Tell him that you never talk on the price. Wen people know that we are couponning thei are interested in how much we pay. Thei dont mean to be mean they just know you did not pay full price and thei want to know how much money thei are waisting on paying full price.SassyAshley, I thank you so much for sharing such a great brag...........................................
    ROMEO, ssbean and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I love Target, the store by me is almost as good as the ones in the states. The clearance is the first thing I always head for. Last week I got 2 packages of Scott papertowels out of clearance for $1.79 each (6 roll pkgs) used $1 coupons and they were .79 cents each. That's unheard of these days for the triple rolls of papertowels.

Great job on your makeup. 2 of my dd's had the same issues with skin and needed to be specific with makeup. Great job! I'm so happy for you/
    ROMEO, ssbean, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wow...great prices on the items for the shower gift..glad you ended up fining your beauty item at Target.
    ROMEO and SassyAshley like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information