User Tag List

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree6182Likes

Thread: "Fall" into September Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    how is this for October "open to savings"

-well I feel better today really better-no more crackly cough-my appetite is coming back
    -tonight going to swiss chalet-to celebrate
    -thank you for all the wishes for my birthday and anniversary

-my 2 grown kids and their spouses called me yesterday-also all 3 of my brother's called which was a shocker but loved it so much
    Glad to hear that you are on the mend and so pleased That your brothers remembered your special
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Awesome power walk! Came home and put laundry away. Made DS's bed with fresh sheets. Have chicken defrosting. Will have a quick shower and then put DS to bed and put load of laundry on. Will hang out to dry in the morning. Have to go over with oldests homework with him. Then couch time.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went to FB today and found 2 family packs of extra lean ground beef with 40% off stickers. Vacuum sealed into packages for 8 meals. Also stocked up on Del Monte canned veggies @ .79 a can. Have to go to Goderich tomorrow so may get more.
    Andit, Natalka, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, all!

Come to the Tea Room to leave a message for a very special woman today:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/391633-...a/#post6081989

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Busy day today, work, parent/teacher meet and greet, hockey and then Survivor starts. My youngest likes it so we like to watch it together. We are part of a pool and each have someone but decided we will share with each other. So kind of him considering I paid his $5 lol

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have to share this recipe as I made this recipe on Monday for supper and it should be called OMG chicken, I didn't have chicken drumsticks so I used a whole chicken instead, I deboned the breast, cut the thighs and chicken wings and it turned out superb. I would however double the spices next time perhaps not the salt as some pieces had more flavour that others but HIGHLY recommend MAKING this.

It is not for those watching their chloresterol or on a diet but it is super tasty.

If you make it let me know what you think.

http://www.thetwobiteclub.com/2014/0...icken.html?m=1

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Back on track to important things like how cute Andit's kitty is and focusing on things that we can do something about...

The kitchen faucet is leaking again. It's not fancy or expensive and was already here when we moved in. To get the model number, we'd have to take out the cartridge and decommission the sink. I called the manufacturer to see if it has any warranty or product guarantee (thank goodness they only have two models) and they do stand behind their products. We'll be getting a new cartridge shipped in the mail within the week.

I'm surprised we're getting one since we're not the original purchaser of the faucet. I did mention it though and CS didn't say we weren't eligible.

coupon girl - glad you're feeling better. With LO in daycare, she's on her second round of passing around colds! Ugh!
    great news about the ship being shipped out to you - free of charge!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley great job on all you got done and your dinner sounded delish!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Went to FB today and found 2 family packs of extra lean ground beef with 40% off stickers. Vacuum sealed into packages for 8 meals. Also stocked up on Del Monte canned veggies @ .79 a can. Have to go to Goderich tomorrow so may get more.
    \
    gotta love those pink stickers, great job! Wishing you a good time in Goderich!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

It was actually an early start for us today, but a certain someone decided we should sit outside and enjoy the nice weather for over an hour. Didn't help that neighbours kept coming over to tell Lily dog how pretty she is.

The play last night was well done, although I can see it having far more appeal in Australia than here. The basic theme is that of trying to tame the savage beast...by encouraging the convicts to put on a play and learn a bit of culture instead of their criminal ways.

I got to the theatre district early (was meeting my friend for dinner), so I decided to go for a bit of a walk. Toronto is called Hogtown, so why did I stumble across a herd of cows?

Name:  038.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  110.3 KB

I remember these from when I worked in the area. You could always tell the first warm day of spring, cause well dressed business folks would be sitting on their backs, drinking coffee and getting a dose of Vitamin D.

Off to the kitchen (still have beets to pickle and potatoes to cook). At least the entourage will wake up and try to help.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning All,

I'm stunned that it's already Wednesday.

Monday when I was getting ready to prepare the chicken (the recipe that I shared above) and well Jaden (ds1) calls to say his foot is sore and that he wants to go to Emergency (small town so if you can't get into your gp you venture into there). Anyways thank goodness MIL was home so I borrowed her car. We waited 1 hour and they said his foot was fine but that if he/I wanted he could get an xray. He said no.....next morning he says I think I should get that xray (thank goodness the doctor gave me the requisition just incase). So called MIL borrowed her car and by the time his appointment for his xray was done, he only had 45 minutes left of school so I kept him BUT he had a science project due which if not handed in on time would be docked marks so we drove it in.

We chatted and he seemed a bit off, I kept asking what was the matter and he said nothing BUT then I asked certain questions and he is finding getting up at 530am difficult (I mean who wouldn't) his bus is at the door at 7am and he likes to take a shower in the am, make his lunch, take his meds and watch a bit of tv so he needs to get up this early and waking up at 6am doesn't give enough time. So poor guy but then I was asking about who he was hanging around with and well.....that's seems to be the problem. They are a small group of 3, his best friend that goes to football and some other guy and ds. Many of the friends from JK to grade 8, have found new groups of friends (which I know happens) and others went to another high school, so he is finding it a hard adjustment. I feel so bad but I know he's a great kid and hopefully he will make more friends with football and all.

So my parents came over yesterday afternoon to have an early celebration as my mom needs to go and gets some test done because she is having difficulties with her heart (she had a triple by pass earlier this year) and has not been feeling the best for the last 3 months. The doctor saw her on Monday and told her to come back today and he would personally do the test himself. Hoping it's nothing serious and she says she doesn't want to have heart surgery again.

I got spoiled rotten by my folks I received an ACER tablet, nuk nuk slippers (love these), a cake boss notepad (I'm constantly writing list ) and a beautiful cake. Anyways I fiddled with the tablet but I find typing difficult as I'm a speed typer and on the tablet you have to peck . I also don't like that I cannot like your posts on the tablet - anyone know how to get around that?

Anyways what apps for coupons or rebates, cashback offers to do you have on your tablet or IPAD?

2 loads of laundry are washed and hanging on the line to dry, I tell ya getting up at 5am with the chickens sure gives you a head start to the day.

Ashley I was thinking about you this am as I was drinking my coffee as you do this everyday.

Well off to the races I am making this cake "butterscotch magic cake"

http://www.jocooks.com/bakery/cakes/...ch-magic-cake/

Wishing everyone a fantastic day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wish I was home getting stuff done too! I'm so jealous. Going home on my lunch to shower lol, put our dinner in Tupperware containers so I can heat it when I leave work and DS can eat on way to school. I didn't put the laundry on last night but will tonight (I had room for more so figured wait till tonight) But I did leave the kitchen spotless and the dishwasher is ready to run at 7pm tonight.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

jasper happy birthday hon -have a super great day -wow your parents did spoil you but hey you deserve it

-my son is having us over for supper to celebrate my birthday the other day-i haven seen them yet-my daughter-in-law is going on pinterest to get crock pot recipes for when she goes back to work middle of oct
    -tonight she is making meatloaf with corn and a crust on it my son said -different -away going there at 4.00

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I know there have been a few great "challenges" put out there. Has anyone considered cleaning out their closet? I was just reading about one person who interchanged six items for an entire month and her DH never even noticed! Personally, I don't think I could get by on six items since the weather can swing by up to 60C from season to season.

QOTD: Do you wear 20% of your clothes and keep 80% in the closet for those "just in case..." days? Shoes, coats, dresses, etc. count too!

Do you regularly clean out your closet and get rid of the items you won't wear anymore or wear infrequently?

I know I've been away for awhile, so let me know if the QOTD is just something that's not done anymore.

J&C there's a PM in your inbox.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I know there have been a few great "challenges" put out there. Has anyone considered cleaning out their closet? I was just reading about one person who interchanged six items for an entire month and her DH never even noticed! Personally, I don't think I could get by on six items since the weather can swing by up to 60C from season to season.

QOTD: Do you wear 20% of your clothes and keep 80% in the closet for those "just in case..." days? Shoes, coats, dresses, etc. count too!

Do you regularly clean out your closet and get rid of the items you won't wear anymore or wear infrequently?

I know I've been away for awhile, so let me know if the QOTD is just something that's not done anymore.

J&C there's a PM in your inbox.
    Got your pm,

I just did my closet and dresser about 1 week ago . I got rid of a lot of clothes from my closet as I didn't wear them but most of my clothing as I stay home is causal but I do have a few dressy outfits. I wear the same sneakers and boots all the time. As for clothes I truly wear what I have but I make sure to have some order to the madness otherwise I would be wearing the same tops and bottoms every other day. I don't have any clothes that I "per say" keep for only special occasions because if I want to wear them for no reason I will I may look out of place at home but who care's I'm home

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread Information