User Tag List

Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree6182Likes

Thread: "Fall" into September Savings

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Mrs S. I pray you'll get good new tomorrow.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope it`s good news MrsS

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Good luck with the filing saundyl!

Enjoy your week alone with your bf and have some fun

Might as well take advantage of the 3% - smart lady
    I still need to get started on the filing - i think that will be my up n coming saturday project.

My bf shakes his head at me says 3% for a couple months is such a small sum is it really worth moving the funds around. But then again this is the man that tells me "the offer from tangerine is nice but im not so desperate for money that we need to sign me up to get the bonus" My theory is every little bit helps be it 1 cent or 100 dollars.

I need to change purses as my current one has seen the biscuit it's ready for the trash - so the question is

Does anybody want to take part in the purse challenge, it can be a tidy up, switching from your summer to your fall/winter purse or a purging of receipts or junk at the bottom of your purse. How does a week sound???? Starting tomorrow or whenever you see fit!!!
    You gals can tell me excuse the expression to "piss off" with my challenges I won't be offended

I need to do this - but do a bag/backpack instead as i always tote around a laptop bag or my plaid backpack. I tend to keep my laptop with me as well as a few work books ive been working on but my bags end up having cords,meds, pony tails, nail clippers by the multis as well as a bunch of toher things that do need to come out from time to time. I will do this one!

Morning everyone!!!

Laundry is in the wash, dishes are done and need to get moving on the spaghetti sauce, haven't decided if I will use Jaden's recipe or try a new one BUT either way I better get moving.

I switched over my purse this am was pretty surprised that I only had a few things in there that really did not belong....dog meds . So my cherished faux leather red purse is in the trash BUT I now have a new to me black leather purse that I got at the re-use it centre a few months back it's Derek Alexander which apparently is quite pricey according to the internet but heck I got it for free so that's make me , I will admit I normal buy cheap purses BUT I now have a stylish "apparently" expensive - let's see if it lasts just as long as my cheap ones .

Well off to the races and Wishing everyone a superb and frugal day.

I'm babysitting again tonight - kidlets are in their beds, doing some laundry for my friend. missing my bf because ive been baby sitting every night the past few days we havent spent much time together. I'll be sitting again tomorrow night as well.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-crohet lady take care of yourself hon
    -mrs.sunshine hope its good news
    -well I still feel like crap today(its so frugal cause I havent been out-my sore throat feels better
    -now my nose is starting to run I think i am going from flu into a cold

-hopefully I feel better wed or thur or even Friday as I have to go get my sticker for car and do a bit of shopping

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning all,
    Nancy I SO get the alone time thing, sometimes it is nice to just be able to do what needs to get done without someone else there to ask questions, give suggestions or get in the way.

CrochetLady hope your back feels better.

MrsS praying for good news for your family.

So last night I must have looked like an insane person (good thing I was home alone). I got home found a bad of sliced almonds in the freezer (Yippee no chopping almonds which cut down on my prep time for my granola). Got my granola in the over, made the sauce for tonight's dinner (Crockpot Teryaki Chicken), put my soup on supper low as to not burn the cheese in my soup. So I am trying to make the sauce stir my soup every 2 minutes or so and have to stir the granola every 5 minutes and because that was not enough fun was also emptying the dishwasher. By 5:30 I had the dishwasher empty, granola cooling, soup done and ready to eat. After dinner I loaded the dishwasher (but did not get the hand dishes done, oh well there is always tonight), 2 of 3 bags from my weekend shop have been emptied and sorted on top of the washer (still need to empty and sort the last bag and than get everything into the cupboard where it belongs), cleaned up the basket of clothes that some how ended up on the floor (starting to think there is some magnetic force that pulls them to the floor on me when I am not looking), I also located my laundry which I put away.

Mom is supposed to put the crock pot on before she leaves for work today so tonight I just need to thicken the sauce, make some rice and heat up the already roasted cauliflower. Mom won't be home from work until about 6 so it will be a late dinner for us, works for her but not so much for me since I go to bed between 8 & 9.

Hopefully before Mom gets home I can get the third bag sorted (probably won't get put away), get the bathroom cleaned and have dinner ready to go the moment she walks in the door. I also have a basket of clothes I need to sort through that I cannot decide if I want to keep or donate so I will sort these before I go to bed.

Time to get back to work, hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hoping it goes by quickly.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Hello everyone! I'm feeling a bit like an autumn leaf, drifting in and out of this forum. Now with daycare started for LO , there just doesn't seem like time enough in a day. I just wanted to ask a question and hoping that you could let me know what you think.

We have a friend who's recently lost his job. He's moved here from out of province, bought a house, has a LO who's just started elementary school (5 or 6?), and his wife works from home doing part-time tasks when her employer has something for her. I feel like helping, but don't want them to feel like it's charity and don't want to be offensive. Do you think there's anything that I can do that wouldn't make them feel badly about their situation? I suppose it's probably unavoidable since no one offers help to someone that has a steady income. I've asked if they needed anything, but they've said they're ok for now.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    You may have noticed I haven`t been around lately. I`ve been laid up with a sore back again. It`s slowly improving but I still can`t drive because of the meds i`m on. My sister took me to Millbank this morning...could hardly get in the car. I think things are finally starting to slow down a bit...there won`t be as many buses as in the summer.
    Take care of yourself hun, hope you are feeling much better soon!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. thinking of you and you ds today.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -crohet lady take care of yourself hon
    -mrs.sunshine hope its good news
    -well I still feel like crap today(its so frugal cause I havent been out-my sore throat feels better
    -now my nose is starting to run I think i am going from flu into a cold

-hopefully I feel better wed or thur or even Friday as I have to go get my sticker for car and do a bit of shopping
    Hugs, I'm sick. Started with a tickly throat, then congestion and now full blown aches & pain and multiple potty trips, hope you Don'tget it coupon girl.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I need to do this - but do a bag/backpack instead as i always tote around a laptop bag or my plaid backpack. I tend to keep my laptop with me as well as a few work books ive been working on but my bags end up having cords,meds, pony tails, nail clippers by the multis as well as a bunch of toher things that do need to come out from time to time. I will do this one!.
    It's all good

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning all,
    Nancy I SO get the alone time thing, sometimes it is nice to just be able to do what needs to get done without someone else there to ask questions, give suggestions or get in the way.

CrochetLady hope your back feels better.

MrsS praying for good news for your family.

So last night I must have looked like an insane person (good thing I was home alone). I got home found a bad of sliced almonds in the freezer (Yippee no chopping almonds which cut down on my prep time for my granola). Got my granola in the over, made the sauce for tonight's dinner (Crockpot Teryaki Chicken), put my soup on supper low as to not burn the cheese in my soup. So I am trying to make the sauce stir my soup every 2 minutes or so and have to stir the granola every 5 minutes and because that was not enough fun was also emptying the dishwasher. By 5:30 I had the dishwasher empty, granola cooling, soup done and ready to eat. After dinner I loaded the dishwasher (but did not get the hand dishes done, oh well there is always tonight), 2 of 3 bags from my weekend shop have been emptied and sorted on top of the washer (still need to empty and sort the last bag and than get everything into the cupboard where it belongs), cleaned up the basket of clothes that some how ended up on the floor (starting to think there is some magnetic force that pulls them to the floor on me when I am not looking), I also located my laundry which I put away.

Mom is supposed to put the crock pot on before she leaves for work today so tonight I just need to thicken the sauce, make some rice and heat up the already roasted cauliflower. Mom won't be home from work until about 6 so it will be a late dinner for us, works for her but not so much for me since I go to bed between 8 & 9.

Hopefully before Mom gets home I can get the third bag sorted (probably won't get put away), get the bathroom cleaned and have dinner ready to go the moment she walks in the door. I also have a basket of clothes I need to sort through that I cannot decide if I want to keep or donate so I will sort these before I go to bed.

Time to get back to work, hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hoping it goes by quickly.
    Amazing job Ashley, I don't know how you do it all!!! Good for you

I can visually see you with your hands all over like an octopus
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Sep 16th, 2014 at 09:08 AM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Thanks all he's headed off soon.
    Question, when is it inappropriate to send flowers. Dealing with a not nice famil situation. Was thinkning or sendng flwrs but then wasnt sure what kind or if i should. Then was like ouch $$$$
    Anyway thought i'd share my final creation. Sure u can figure out who its for. Still need to find something to display the name/date on to add to it.Name:  IMG_20140916_090241.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  66.9 KB
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm feeling a bit like an autumn leaf, drifting in and out of this forum. Now with daycare started for LO , there just doesn't seem like time enough in a day. I just wanted to ask a question and hoping that you could let me know what you think.

We have a friend who's recently lost his job. He's moved here from out of province, bought a house, has a LO who's just started elementary school (5 or 6?), and his wife works from home doing part-time tasks when her employer has something for her. I feel like helping, but don't want them to feel like it's charity and don't want to be offensive. Do you think there's anything that I can do that wouldn't make them feel badly about their situation? I suppose it's probably unavoidable since no one offers help to someone that has a steady income. I've asked if they needed anything, but they've said they're ok for now.
    Hiya!!!

So very thoughtful of you

Here are a few suggestions so that it's not completely obvious and won't make them feel uncomfortable.

If they live close by then I would

If baking make extras and drive them over while warm so it's like hey thought you might like a treat.

Also if making batch cooking drive them over a batch again still warm so it's like got taste this.

Ask the child what there favorite cookies are make them them for her or make up a bag of goodies so she has the ingreidents to make a batch??? Cake mixes with cupcakes liners, icing, etc....care package for the child.

Invite them over for dinner more often it's plain and simple - we want to have you over plus you know they are having a great meal PLUS you can send them home with some of the leftovers.

Since school just started maybe make a "personal care package" for the child a few school supplies but lots of school snack treats.

Hope this helps and it's not a handout which is what most people get offended about in my opinion.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. very lovely AND you are so talented, this is way better than a bouquet of flowers in my opinion. Hope the gesture smoothes things over.

Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information