Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Taking the bull by horns and trying to "demystify" all things CANCER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awareness update.......get moving ppl.

http://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-infor...our/?region=on
    Your604 likes this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup! Even small things like standing at the desk instead of sitting will do to start being more active
    IthinkIcan likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IthinkIcan View Post

Thanks Horndogg, I am very glad to be a part of such a positive community.
    As for hot flashes, during the day I can manage, but waking up at night and playing the game of "on again, off again" with covers is not too much fun , well! no one ever said life is perfect.
    I also had menopause early because of my cancer treatment. At night I had water on the bedside table and if I could get a few sips in just as the flashes started it seemed to make a difference. Good Luck.
    IthinkIcan likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I also had menopause early because of my cancer treatment. At night I had water on the bedside table and if I could get a few sips in just as the flashes started it seemed to make a difference. Good Luck.
    Same here Cake , its been 10 months since surgery, any insight as to how long this lasts, happy to meet another survivor
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

My thoughts are with anyone fighting illness on the forums. You people deserve a healthy, happy life and that is what I hope for you all.My thoughts are with you *hugs*
    TaraF and IthinkIcan like this.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IthinkIcan View Post
    Same here Cake , its been 10 months since surgery, any insight as to how long this lasts, happy to meet another survivor
    My menopause was chemically induced. It took well over a year. Yes, surviving is good.
    IthinkIcan likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I can't stress the importance of eating Organic! Those nasty pesticides, hormones and GMO's in the non organic foods only contribute to and aggravate cancer. I know it's more expensive but our health is totally worth it. And if you can't go 100% organic just do it with whatever you can. Small changes are important too.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You said it Tara, just finished reading your post re. Cancer awareness, can you also post the same right here as well, creating awareness is essential
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Sure thing, ithinkican.

October is Breast cancer awareness month. Breast cancer is unfortunately something that affects many people in Canada annually, and even though great advances in medicine have been made, there is still a long way to go in finding a cure for the disease. Contrary to myth, it isn't solely a "woman's" disease, and when stricken with cancer, the patient isn't the only one that goes through the disease, the whole family does. Did you know that metastatic brain tumours occur at some point in 20-40% of people with any form of cancer? Well, it seems fitting, then, that October is also brain tumour awareness month, an awareness month with a lot less publicity, hype or "glam", but it, too, affects many Canadians annually. Myself included. Many reading this know that I just finished a 6 week stint of treatment at Juravinski Cancer Centre due to recurrance of my brain tumour, that pesky thing, but this isn't an uncommon thing with brain tumours, or any cancer really. I'm the first to say that I don't know what "bringing awareness to the cause" will do, I really don't, I do know that advancements have been made in cancer treatment, and that's good. I can hope those advancements continue, because sadly cancer has become the #1 killer in Canada. It kills more people annually than Heart Disease, diabetes and kidney disease combined. Let that sink in for just a minute. I know that I've been reading a lot about the connection of food, mind and body, and not just any food but organic food. Yes, I have become "one of those people". I am 100% convinced that the pesticides, the GMO crops, the growth hormones in our meats, etc, is a huge contributor in the increase in cancer rates, but that's just me. And so my lifestyle has changed drastically, it's easy to do when you view things as a fight for your life. Really easy. If your health isn't worth it, what is? So this month, my hope for everyone is that they take the time to educate themselves and others on how to keep your body cancer free, so that you don't have to make the journey down the road that I and countless other Canadians are on.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

IthinkIcan, may I ask what kinds of symptoms you had before diagnosis? And were you misdiagnosed at any point, or told that your symptoms were caused by something mundane (e.g., middle-age fatigue, gas, menopause, etc)? What was the time frame between going to your doctor with your concerns and the actual diagnosis?

I don't mind if you prefer to pm me with your reply, or if you prefer not to answer such personal questions.
    IthinkIcan likes this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi TrueNorthTreasures, I was kind of misdiagnosed, I'll PM you tomorrow and share all that I can think of, my symptoms were sudden weight gain, back pain, and everything was wrongly diagnosed to be caused by fibroids, let me know in detail what you are experiencing and hopefully its nothing major, only you know your body best and it will tell you if there is something wrong (forgive me for presuming that you are asking personally for yourself).
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

TrueNorthTreasures likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is one roller coaster ride which is never-ending....
    went for a CT scan on the 3rd of Oct., didn't hear from the Doc. until 21st, assumed all is a-OK .
    On 21st the hospital calls, Dr. wants to see me first thing next morning....how I passed the night is not hard to guess.
    Anyhow, went next morning, abdomen and pelvis all clear, but they found hiatal hernia....I have had umbilical hernia for past 22 yrs., which got rephrased as reducible hernia, and now its rephrased again as hiatal.... went for my first ever endoscopy....waiting for the results .
    Wish that was it.... they also found lot of Thymus tissue, this was the first time I heard about it, it could be Thymus enlargement, or Thymic Hyperplasia.....geez!! I need a break. Searching on the internet gave me some clues, but nothing is being done yet to check it out, why is our health care always moving at a snail's pace.
    So, if anyone here has any thoughts re. hiatal hernia, or Thymic hyperplacia, or Thymoma, please share with me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just bumping the thread in the hope that someone will offer some perspective re. the above post

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information