• 2 Post By Jina
  • 1 Post By shaneB
  • 1 Post By Springbreeze
  • 1 Post By monkeydoodle
  • 1 Post By shaneB

Thread: How do you bond with your kids?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just want to ask if what activities you usually do to bond with your kids?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by shaneB; Tue, Sep 30th, 2014 at 06:28 AM.
    Give Your Kids the Right Toys! KidKraft Canada http://www.kidstoysandstuff.com - Kids Toys and Stuff

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I do what my man likes to do: read, play cars, colour, etc. Personally, I do find cars boring sometimes . It is about him and his interests. For something special, for example, we go to the library and read books we don't have at home.
    Jina and Angela273 like this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Just cook good meals for them....can you tell I have older guys lol...5 of them!
    Jina, Angela273 and momi like this.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

My kids are 5, 7 and 5 months old. My 7 year old has gotten really into board games and card games, so I play those frequently with them. I read them a story every night. We take them fun places when we have the money (museums, fairs, zoo's, etc.) Just recently we picked up a Smithsonian kit at Costco that we all did together as a family. I think the biggest way to bond with them when they're young is to take an interest in whatever they're interested in. Like my kids love finding toads and caterpillars in the backyard, so I always go out to take a look when they find one, and we take pictures of them holding the toad or caterpillar.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yah, cooking for your kids is a great idea to bond with them. I actually do that as well. :D
    Jina and momi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great! We usually play around go jogging and cooking because my little daughter love to play a lot.
    Jina and momi like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Read a book at bedtime, a kiss and hug before Zzzz.
    I play Lego with my 4yr old. He wants me to build a house with a garage everytime, and he builds a car for the garage.
    Gardening. He loves to water the plants. I had him help me put some tomato seeds in the backyard, and he helps to harvest. We have fun with the hose and water gun sometimes
    momi and shaneB like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jina View Post
    Read a book at bedtime, a kiss and hug before Zzzz.
    I play Lego with my 4yr old. He wants me to build a house with a garage everytime, and he builds a car for the garage.
    Gardening. He loves to water the plants. I had him help me put some tomato seeds in the backyard, and he helps to harvest. We have fun with the hose and water gun sometimes
    Yah, reading books at bed time is really a good bonding moment plus you will also help your child to be smart.. :D
    Jina likes this.
    Give Your Kids the Right Toys! KidKraft Canada http://www.kidstoysandstuff.com - Kids Toys and Stuff

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My daughter is 3, she loves bugs (I don't) but I do help her find them. When she does find one she likes we will stop and watch it, she usually has a lot of questions and I try my best to answer them for her. If its a safe bug (ladybug) she loves to have it crawl on her hand. She loves to help Mommy bake, one of my favorite baking moments with her, we decided to have a big ol flour fight in the kitchen, poor hubby gets home at the end of it kitchen coated in flour, flour dripping out of our hair. Was it messy, oh my yes but did we have fun, Absolutely, will we do it again, you never know. She loves to read stories and she loves to dance to music. So yup sometimes in the middle of cooking or dishes a song she likes will come on the radio I will turn it up and yell for her, she will come running and off we go, Mommy can't dance at all but she thinks its funny, as long as I don't sing, apparently I sing worse then I dance, so she won't let me sing lol. She is also still a cuddler, those are my absolute favorite moments, when she curls up on my lap and just snuggles. And sometimes when putting her to bed or down for a nap, I sometimes fall asleep too, and her smile when she wakes up and sees me and says Mommy, your still here, love it.
    shaneB likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Playing catch/soccer/Frisbee.
    Board games.
    Snuggling and chatting at bedtime.
    Watching funny animal videos on youtube.
    Reading together.
    Lego.
    shaneB likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    My daughter is 3, she loves bugs (I don't) but I do help her find them. When she does find one she likes we will stop and watch it, she usually has a lot of questions and I try my best to answer them for her. If its a safe bug (ladybug) she loves to have it crawl on her hand. She loves to help Mommy bake, one of my favorite baking moments with her, we decided to have a big ol flour fight in the kitchen, poor hubby gets home at the end of it kitchen coated in flour, flour dripping out of our hair. Was it messy, oh my yes but did we have fun, Absolutely, will we do it again, you never know. She loves to read stories and she loves to dance to music. So yup sometimes in the middle of cooking or dishes a song she likes will come on the radio I will turn it up and yell for her, she will come running and off we go, Mommy can't dance at all but she thinks its funny, as long as I don't sing, apparently I sing worse then I dance, so she won't let me sing lol. She is also still a cuddler, those are my absolute favorite moments, when she curls up on my lap and just snuggles. And sometimes when putting her to bed or down for a nap, I sometimes fall asleep too, and her smile when she wakes up and sees me and says Mommy, your still here, love it.
    Yes, you are doing a proper parenting to your child, you should always guide her to make her safe and always make her happy just like what you are doing..
    Springbreeze likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydoodle View Post
    Playing catch/soccer/Frisbee.
    Board games.
    Snuggling and chatting at bedtime.
    Watching funny animal videos on youtube.
    Reading together.
    Lego.
    That's great too monkeydoodle! Thanks!

Thread Information