User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Has the return policy for cosmetics at SDM changed?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    I understand that the salesperson loses out on commission but that doesn't give him/her the right to give attitude. Also, the person who returned the item won't buy future beauty products in the future. She/he runs the potential of losing future sales. Even as a beauty junkie, I have avoided a particular salesperson because I've had a lot of negative attitude and customer service at SDM/Murale.
    Individual SA's attitude certainly plays an important part in customer's loyalty - not just when returning product, but also when buying product. Last time I was at SDM buying a $60 face cream as a gift for my mum, I was hoping there was GWP promotion but there wasn't. I mentioned that Sears was having promotion when I was paying, and the SA 'generously' offered me a sachet of 1ml BB cream - in a way that seemed to be doing me a big favour. SDM has the advantage of the points, but in the end I called off the transaction and went to Sears.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

If you are buying skincare product at SDM definitely ask for some samples and they always give you some. I find the larger store or the one with their own cosmetic boutique are more generous with samples since they have more cabinet space to keep the samples/product. Heck, you don't even have to buy anything to score samples. I sometimes browsing and testing for new products and just ask them for samples to try before buying (product that I am interested in). If they have them in stock they always give me some. I was chatting with a SA one day about nail polish and the SA gave me a Sally Hansen nail kit absolutely free. I was like "are you sure?

About returning product, I only return something that are bad, false advertising, allergic reaction. I never return something because I didn't like it. There's tester instore and even the one without tester you can always find "already opened" item to try anyway. For goodness sake please don't lie about allergic reaction when it's not true. Good products may be discountinue bc of that.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So basically it comes down to YMMV? I wish there was a more clear policy across the board...even if it was no returns on opened cosmetics. Oh well- I'll definitely be avoiding the SA location and driving the 60km to the nearest other drug/cosmetic stores.. Thanks for all the input, everyone!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information