Thread: Supplementing Your Income

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I supplement by income by doing surveys, etc. during work hours
    Yeah, I know....me bad.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We have an employee craft sale every year in November where I work. I'm not doing it this year, but in years past, I sold home-made soaps. This event is cash only.

The stuff that sells well at this show are small crafted stuff that can be sold cheap. A very popular item is a condiment similar to kimchi that a co-worker makes, a recipe from the West Indies, the area where she is from.
    Angela273, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All great ideas, I am a stay at homer myself, plus at the moment I am not able to do much anyways, but I have always wanted to make jewellery items and small paintings and other crafts to sell online, as I can not possibly use everything I create. Hoping to actually do something about it in near future. This will keep me active and provide some income, as for now I make some "pure indulgence" money from the obvious sites.
    Angela273, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I've thought about refinishing items and selling them as I am really interested in this. Even though DH won't let me near spray paint while pregnant
    Angela273, Ciel, beckie.c and 1 others like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

My boys tell me I should bake and sell cinnamon buns from our front door Anyone know the rules on that?
    Angela273, Ciel, emg and 2 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work on top of my full time job a part time job of 8-24 hours a week and a casual job normally 8-10 hours a month maybe more.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mom of 5 boys-you could call your local bylaw or health dept. I know in Calgary food made for resale must be prepared in a commercial kitchen.
    Angela273, Ciel and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Maybe go to a few local stores to see if they might commission you, like take a few to start off with and see how it goes? that is how I would approach it if I were you. Maybe wrap them-up all pretty, or think of a way,inexpensively to keep your profits too and a little label. You never know...that Sharks show,that is what they start doing, and then see the interest and start selling on-line..like I said I no experience in selling baked goods, hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    My boys tell me I should bake and sell cinnamon buns from our front door Anyone know the rules on that?
    Last edited by oscarandme; Fri, Sep 12th, 2014 at 05:58 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Municipal
    Public Health-Check too if church bake sales are exempted or not for "home" baking. Hamilton, ON went through this issue a few years ago.
    Zoning for your area-are home businesses allowed? Permits required?

If schools still allow bake sales, there could be rules for food as well. Here's an example:
    http://www.hamilton.ca/NR/rdonlyres/...c_bakeitup.pdf

Does Calgary have a commercial kitchen or two that people can rent for batch baking/food processing?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Someone I work with is Cambodia. After bringing samples of his mom's pad thai and spring rolls he just takes personal orders through work. The first was spring rolls and so many people ordered they made 500 to fill the initial orders. He is constantly bringing refills. Don't know if there are laws around this but it really is between friends.
    Angela273 and LIVE SIMPLE like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am currently a substitute teacher, so my income varies widely and I do not have my own medical benefits. I couldn't afford to work in my own profession if I didn't have dh. I do personal tutoring for children out of the public library in the evenings, although the number of children and the hours each week varies widely. I use Swagbucks and Superpoints to redeem for Amazon.ca gift cards. I used to be a Club Sobeys member, until they discontinued the program. I am now collecting Airmiles. PC Plus just came to my community, so I dowloaded the app yesterday to start collecting points. I am a CO-OP member, but I never spend enough there to receive a equity cheque. I also have an Optimums card, but there isn't a store in my community. Scene points, but the closest location that accepts it is 2.5hrs away. I also sell some extra baby items that we were given too much of. I use a lot of coupon and rebate apps on my phone: CO51, Snap, CartSmart, Zweet, Changio, PC Plus, CO-OP, Coupgon, 7-Eleven. Of course I price match and use coupons too. That's all that I can think of right
    now.

edit: I also collect bottles and cans when I go for walks with our son. A lot of people just through them out on the streets in our community.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Sep 17th, 2014 at 07:41 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I do casual childcare and put that in the vacation fund!
    Angela273, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Angela273-I can foresee a day when you'll have your pupils counting apps for coupons.
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I enter contests. Mostly I win things but now and then it is more of a monetary prize. Both help the budget!
    Angela273 and coupon girl like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow. All great ideas!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information