• 2 Post By wimbly11
  • 1 Post By francine1985
  • 1 Post By sweet sparrow
  • 1 Post By wimbly11

Thread: Price Per Diaper & Wipe

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hi Everyone

I'm starting to look at prices for diapers and wipes with my due date now three months away (side note...EKK!)

I have a little book where I keep track of items that I buy on a regular basis and what I pay for them (per lb/g/ml etc)

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is considered a good price per diaper and per wipe? Does anyone else calculate like this?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    momi likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I calculate it this way too.
    Our son reacted to Pampers sensitive with Aloe wipes (so I refused to try another variety of theirs). We only use Huggies wipes and he is good with all varieties. I pm NF $2 72wipe tub sale at WM and then apply any coupons that I may have. I have found that the value of the wipes coupon has gone down, so now my good price for wipes is 2c each.

The price per diaper changes as the size of diaper gets larger. Our son was 6lb 12oz at birth, so he ended up being in newborn diapers for quite a while and I was forced to buy them as needed because I had a limited amount of that size in my stockpile. WM's sale that starts tomorrow would be a great thing for you to take advantage of. $32.33 Huggies or Pampers largest box diapers (Ontario) is cheaper than the $33.88 from last years sale (Saskatchewan).
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

In the anniversary flyers there are Huggies Wipes Largest Box for $16.97. With 960 wipes that works out to $0.0176/wipe. So this would be a very good deal?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I paid 0.15c per diaper for size 1-2 Kirkland brand and 0.16c for size 2 Huggies at Costco. These are normal prices, but I stocked up on some Huggies diapers on sale from Walmart with coupons and snapsaves rebates and I think it cost me 0.16c (or maybe it was 0.15c) for size 2.

Anything less than 0.15c is a good price imo.

I make my own wipes with bounty kitchen towel but I buy Huggies wipes when it's on sale combined with the snapsaves rebates and coupons.
    Last edited by Jina; Wed, Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:43 AM.
    Angela273 likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think $0.15 per diaper is a good benchmark. I used to stock up on Huggies diapers at RCSS on no tax day when the mid-size box is 19.99 and the largest box is 29.99 and use the save $10 WUB 2 boxes coupon when it's available. Of course it depends on what fits the child too. A lot of parents say that Pampers don't fit their child well and others say Huggies don't fit well. We found Pampers worked well when LO was small, Huggies worked better on size 3 or larger. Other parents say don't stockpile until you know for sure what works. For the most part, LO doesn't have the diaper on long enough to leak after size 2 or 3.

We didn't use Huggies boxed diapers until size 3 so I only kept track after that.
    Size 2 $14.99 for 120 diapers on no-tax day: $0.125/diaper
    Size 3 $24.99 for 192 diapers, no-tax: $0.130/diaper
    Size 4 $14.99 for 98 diapers, no-tax, or $24.99 for 168 diapers, no-tax: $0.149/diaper for 168 or 0.153/diaper for 98
    Size 5 $24.99 for 148 diapers, no-tax: $0.169/diaper

Wipes:
    I used to get them from SDM for $2.99 for a box of 72 (Huggies) and bought them with a coupon for 2000 bonus points. For 72, it would be $0.0469/wipe (after tax) but 2000 points = $5 on a bonus cosmetic redemption. I need a special prescribed cleanser that is in the cosmetic section so I use the points for that. Essentially, these are free, but if you work out the difference between the inflated SDM price compared to the grocery store price, the math gets a little hairy.

Huggies sometimes go on sale for $1.99 for 72, which works out to $0.031/wipe after tax.

We use paper towels as wipes and that works out to $0.0027/wipe after tax. (assuming bought on 20X the points day)

These numbers might be a little old since I did the calculations about a year ago. We also use cloth diapers from a friend, so we've only ever opened one box of diapers in LO's 14 month life and not yet halfway through. Our daycare uses the cloth diapers I send. Because of that, I haven't paid close attention to diaper prices lately. I should also mention that these are prices without coupons and before rebates. I don't always have coupons so I left them out of the calculation.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

If I purchase wipes now and baby is due in December will they stay wet?

So I guess the deal in the walmart flyer giving me wipes for 0.0176/wipe is a good deal. Just wondering if it's safe to buy now...
    Angela273 and francine1985 like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post

So I guess the deal in the walmart flyer giving me wipes for 0.0176/wipe is a good deal. Just wondering if it's safe to buy now...
    it should be fine to buy now just check the best before date to make sure they aren't old stock. I just bought pampers wipes and they are good (unopened obviously) until December 31st 2015.
    Angela273 likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post

I asked Pampers and they said the expiry date was more for the points code in the package than wipes expiring. If the wipes dry out, you can rewet them before use. It happens if you have a loose lid on the package too.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Great thanks, perhaps I'll start buying a few soon. Although I know I shouldn't buy too much because no telling what will work best with the little one!
    Angela273 likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I stock up when diapers are 0.12 and wipes 0.01 each
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I also belong to some buy and sell sites where people sell off their diapers. I only buy when they are under 0.12 and there is of course no tax When people ask what to buy me..I always say diapers!!! Wipes I buy when Costco has them on sale. I will buy diapers too from Costco when they go on sale...at Costco you can always return or exchange $0.01 a wipe
    New mom October 2014!

Thread Information