User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By i_forget

Thread: Child Disability Benefit and OSAP liens question (disability tax credit)?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have an OSAP lien on my income tax account and was wondering if anyone can tell me if the cra and osap will take the cdb underpayment and cdb monthly payments towards the debt?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its really up to CRA. Most sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

I know when I owed them money they kept my HST/GST monthly cheques. And another time they sent out the cheques but just took a lump sum off of my tax return the last time they just sent me a bill of what I owed. Not to mention I worked at CRA before and for a places that deals with peoples financial information that place is so unorganized.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hirev View Post
    Its really up to CRA. Most sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

I know when I owed them money they kept my HST/GST monthly cheques. And another time they sent out the cheques but just took a lump sum off of my tax return the last time they just sent me a bill of what I owed. Not to mention I worked at CRA before and for a places that deals with peoples financial information that place is so unorganized.
    I keep finding stuff saying they won't touch money for a child but hst ,income tax, and trillium they will take so I'm trying to find out how accurate that info is without dealing with cra directly..,thx for your reply

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I took an accounting course in school - Student Loan can take anything - GST/ Trillium/Income Taxes plus if you are on OW/ODSP/CPP - any government money they can take a percentage of it - my friend has two kids - one child disabled and she owes student loan - they take a percentage of her money - about 17% I think - $170 a month. If you student loan is held by a bank that you deal with they can go into your bank account and take that money without asking. My sister gets disability and she owes $3500 - she gets $70 a month taken by student loan and they did it without her permission. she got a letter saying it was happening. Be careful with Student loan they will find a way to get there money
    Last edited by anastasia1009; Thu, Sep 18th, 2014 at 07:57 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am pretty sure that they will not touch CDB and CCTB. If you get ACSD, they will take it off of that as it is paid through disability. CCTB and CTB are income supports for children, so they will not take that money. Everything else is fair game.
    anastasia1009 likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I am pretty sure that they will not touch CDB and CCTB. If you get ACSD, they will take it off of that as it is paid through disability. CCTB and CTB are income supports for children, so they will not take that money. Everything else is fair game.
    Thank you for your responses everyone it's much appreciated

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think you should just call them to find out. I know it is annoying when people just take your money and you are not sure what happened.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did not have the child disability benefit garnished for my osap lien on my canada revenue account so I got my answer I recieve the underpayment and the monthly payments as of October 20 2014. Thanks everyone

Thread Information