User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Have Prices Gone Up?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only shop the sales and SDM is about the same as every other store with the exception of lost leaders (extremely low prices).
    Ontario's minimum wage has increased so regular prices have gone up but the sales are still there if you wait for them. SDM personalized coupons/In store promos combined with other incentives like the two day event is still better than my local grocery stores.
    ROMEO, Ciel and beckie.c like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually noticed Atlantic Superstore seems more expensive than normal for some things of late, so it could just be inflation across the board on food prices everywhere.
    ROMEO, Ciel and beckie.c like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today, I went to SDM that was right next door to No Frills. Some of the sale prices have been matched to be the exact same. But there are still some differences for both stores. I find that very interesting when they are both loblaws now
    ROMEO, Ciel and momi like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Jsmile-how ironic, having to choose to use Optimum card at Shoppers or take out the PC Plus for No Frills! I am expecting that PC Plus will take over Optimum`s database when Optimum winds down in 2016.
    ROMEO, momi and addy25 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Jsmile-how ironic, having to choose to use Optimum card at Shoppers or take out the PC Plus for No Frills! I am expecting that PC Plus will take over Optimum`s database when Optimum winds down in 2016.
    Ugh, I hope not. I'm still holding out hope that the Optimum program will be extended. Unless the PC Plus program starts offering points for every dollar you spend, it's not going to be anywhere near as good as Optimum.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post

And let's not talk about bacon regular price $7.29 for 375g
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ gah, bacon is ridiculous everywhere - no luck this week in the flyers.
    Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    This is why Ive restored to turkey/chicken bacon (roughly $4) and ground pork ($4 at WM). My family isnt fond of them but they'll eat it if thats what is bought. I dont eat beef and hate even the thought of greasy slimy bacon!!!!
    A few weeks ago, Maple Leaf Bacon came on sale for $3.99/pkg.... I bought ten and stashed them in the freezer. Those darn pkgs just keep shrinking in size.

If I'm going to spend $7+ on bacon, I'm headed to the butcher shop for the real deal.
    Natalka, ROMEO and JadeAngel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Smaller sizes & Higher prices seems to be the norm these days.

I see most 500 gm cheese blocks now as 400 gm blocks for the same price or a bit higher ..like Black Diamond , Kraft etc.
    beckie.c likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Smaller sizes & Higher prices seems to be the norm these days.

I see most 500 gm cheese blocks now as 400 gm blocks for the same price or a bit higher ..like Black Diamond , Kraft etc.
    Agreed, I don't think it is just an issue of Loblaws buying SDM, the prices seem higher everywhere. Even at WM yesterday I noticed the $9 bulk packs of chicken are now $10 etc
    beckie.c likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

A lot of articles on the high price of meats have been circulating this past month. Here's one showing the huge increase in the price of bacon (I dont think we need a graph - we've all seen the prices in store!): http://globalnews.ca/news/1572673/re...istics-canada/

I recently read that flank steak (the cheaper cut) is now expensive too! I think I'll be planning my meals around the free tuna I manged to get these last few weeks thanks to CO51
    lecale likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 10:03 AM.
    luckbealady and d.ot like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I've noticed they have switched from Everyday Market sugar at SDM to Lantic brand. Usually they put sugar on for $1.77 but it is now $1.99...I wonder if they are going to still have the $1.77 sugar sales now that they have gone name-brand? Giant Tiger has Redpath sugar 2 kg for $1.44 this week so I'm not going to buy their $1.99 sugar anyway. The Everyday Market sugar had HUGE crystals so I am happier to see that brand go in the end.

d.ot in this area, flank steak is considered gourmet and goes for $20/lb. If you want a good price on that (a third or a quarter of the price) you have to go to the Chinese grocery where they label all of their meat, "MEAT" and no one speaks English so you're on your own.

I told DH we are going to live on tuna, eggs (whites) and cottage cheese and I'll be getting all of our recipes from forums that cater to cash-strapped 18-to-24-year-old male bodybuilders. In 6 months we'll be too sexy for meat lol
    haha...I also feel like I'll be on a diet! Although, I'm sure it'll do me some good - being forced to be creative with healthy staples will be good for my mind, body and soul.
    lecale likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post

I did learn too late to stock up that some of the Life food products I like have been discontinued, like the Simply Food All Butter Chocolate Chip cookies and the pistachios. Food shelves are getting bare in my SDM while they wait for PC stock to come in. Hope it will all be worth it in the end

Silk
    WOAH! Stop the car! Are you saying I won't be able to get my Jalapeno Pistachios anymore?!? I've been unplugged for a few weeks and now I feel like the world is ending!

Dairyland Cottage cheese has gone up in price... It's on for 2.99 every other week and I haven't seen it at SDM for less then 3.49 in about 2 months or so...
    Silk and beckie.c like this.
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mel View Post
    Dairyland Cottage cheese has gone up in price... It's on for 2.99 every other week and I haven't seen it at SDM for less then 3.49 in about 2 months or so...
    The price of cottage cheese has gone up everywhere. $2.99 now seems to be a "sale" price. Not that long ago, $1.99 was regular price. Even the NN cottage cheese at RCSS is more expensive. thank goodness for the Nordica coupons, cause they make it the least expensive brand to buy.
    beckie.c likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mel View Post
    Ugh, DH LOVES his cottage cheese and it hasn't been on sale for forever around here... I think the last sale price I saw was $3.99 for the 500ml container. I use it in lasagna too and it makes me cringe to buy it!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

You may be able to find some bags kicking around but 2 stores have told me the Life pistachios have been discontinued. At one store the inventory was listed as 0 but I found one bag of the ones I like. But it was selling for full price - something like $9.49/bag. There was a little tag saying 2/$15.98. so the manager and I searched the shelves high and low and I found another one, bringing the price down to $7.99 each. I was doing a redemption so was willing to pay that price but usually I would get them on sale for $5.99 each.

Good luck!

Silk
    Super Mel likes this.
    Have a great life!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information