Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Price Matching at Target

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What's HO?

Quote Originally Posted by 2shopmom View Post
    I tried to pm WM and got the same response. HO gave me a yes I can but store said no. I'm checking with HO again.
    ROMEO and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

HO = head office
    ROMEO, momi and Neeenerz like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenH View Post
    I tried pm'ing the walmart anniversary flyer today and I was told they are not price matching any sales from this weeks flyer because it's a special. A special? What! The excuse was because it's not a regular every week sale. I have never heard that one but that's what I got. No Barbie or Christie cookies for me.
    WHAT? Thats pure non-sense! I suggest you go somewhere else like Loblaws because it.is.a.flyer so I mean how can Target reject it by calling it special!
    ROMEO, momi and Neeenerz like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    WHAT? Thats pure non-sense! I suggest you go somewhere else like Loblaws because it.is.a.flyer so I mean how can Target reject it by calling it special!
    Well, it does advertise on pretty much every page "While quantities last - no rain checks - all items may not be available in all stores" - and that it is an anniversary flyer.

But you would think that if Target carries, it's very likely that Walmart will have it. I had no issues PMing at RCSS today.
    ROMEO and Lyssia510 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zehrs is part of Loblaws? Does Zehrs allow PM and use of coupons at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Neeenerz View Post
    Zehrs is part of Loblaws? Does Zehrs allow PM and use of coupons at the same time?
    Zerhs doesn't price match.
    ROMEO and Neeenerz like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Target's employees aren't all taught the same thing when it comes to price matching I think. Two weeks ago I wanted to price match a DVD from amazon.ca because it was $10 cheaper there and the clerk said that I couldn't. I told them that it was one of their employees who told me that I could price match with Canadian online retailers only a week or so before. She called over her manager who told me the same thing. Finally I pointed them to their own sign at their cashes that explicitly shows amazon.ca on their list of approved price matching locations.

How difficult is it for Target to relay information to their employees? Customers shouldn't be the ones who are teaching them how to do their jobs...
    QueenH, Linda Evans and Neeenerz like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I completely agree!!! The other day I tried buying Secret Deodorant the one that was on sale for $1.99 - I had $1 Target coupon and $1 Brandsaver coupon. Cashier didn't know how to even enter the coupons in - Manager came, she had no problems entering the manufacturer coupon, when she tried to enter/scan the Target coupon she said that the coupon doesn't qualify for "that" Secret Deodorant... I said how come when it specifies for either Clinical or Secret? I got so frustrated and said just forget it!!! I went to another Target, they entered both coupons with no problems!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyduckie View Post
    Target's employees aren't all taught the same thing when it comes to price matching I think. Two weeks ago I wanted to price match a DVD from amazon.ca because it was $10 cheaper there and the clerk said that I couldn't. I told them that it was one of their employees who told me that I could price match with Canadian online retailers only a week or so before. She called over her manager who told me the same thing. Finally I pointed them to their own sign at their cashes that explicitly shows amazon.ca on their list of approved price matching locations.

How difficult is it for Target to relay information to their employees? Customers shouldn't be the ones who are teaching them how to do their jobs...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With the Walmart flyer stating "limited quantities", Target stores could easily apply from their own policy this part to deny the price match:

Ad exclusions:

• Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information