User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Darth Penguin
  • 1 Post By JDI007
  • 3 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Does anyone know where I can buy a reloadable visa prepaid gift card in Hamilton?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know Shoppers sells them but they're not reloadable..usually I buy them so I can purchase things online..usually from the US..and with the exchange rate I have to buy them more expensive so I'll have enough money for my purchase.
    Anywho, the problem is sometimes I have money left over on my card OR don't have enough and I can't add more money onto it because it's non-reloadable..

Does anyone know where I can purchase a reloadable one then..?

/ Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

JDI007 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wait a minute..I'm confused..I always buy my gift card at Canada Post section of Shoppers but I'm just looking at their website..and there's 2 kinds of visa gift cards..
    there's a "prepaid card" and a "gift card"...I never saw the other one when I'm there..which apparently is the reloadable one.

it look's like the prepaid card is the one that's reloadable and you can even withdraw money from it..which is always useful..but where it says monthly charge..but if you use it up then they don't charge you anymore do they../what's the purchase fee..is that what you have to pay if you want to purchase it? $15..that seems high never had to pay an extra fee for a gift card :/
    I'll have to ask them at shoppers next time I'm there. I'v never had this type of visa gift card before.
    I wonder if they're available at all shoppers canada post locations, because I went to the eastgate one and I don't think they had it, or the one at rosedale..but maybe you have to ask for them.
    Last edited by JDI007; Mon, Sep 22nd, 2014 at 09:02 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

See if Fortino's Eastgate might have it on their card wall-it's just past produce as you head to the cash area.
    I have not seen reloadable Visa cards in Shoppers but do remember from last year when I was doing a promotion in their stores that some credit card branded prepaid cards (they were in my zone so I took a look at them) have small print about fees possibly applying to use of cards. Also, I am aware some mall gift cards may have the same fine print.

What about Rexall at Queenston-about a block west of Parkdale? Another Rexall is at Fiesta Mall (Hwy 8 & Grays Rd).There's a store there-give the store a call and ask? Same with Shoppers. Would suggest trying a big Shoppers -there's one at Hwy 8 & Millen Rd but I have not gone there yet.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have checked at Rexall they have ones that already have an an amount on them, I'v been thinking because the prepaid one charges you quite a bit especially if you hold on to it, month to month you get charged..that and for taking money out of the card etc. so it's like a credit card almost../I'v been thinking of maybe just putting the money on my paypal account through my bank account and making a purchase that way..through paypal..and I know paypal won't charge me extra fee's that's for sure.
    Because if the prepaid takes money away then I'm gonna have to pay extra for the card to make my purchase, having to add more money on..I don't think it's worth it overall..I don't like how this card works :/
    It's too bad I wish the other visa gift card didn't have a limit, I like using those ones! and no fee's.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 10:05 AM.
    FallenPixels, Ciel and JDI007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The card issuers seem to have figured out how to make money for themselves. The reloadable cards have comments that the cards can expire but the funds don't. So where do the funds "park" if the card expires, I say?
    Lecale, thanks for the prepaid MC explanation!
    lecale likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information