User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: ODSP recipient, looking for an apartment

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi does anyone know of any apartment in Toronto/GTA where cheap is rent? I am tired of living in a basement I am also 20 and married and on ODSP. I recently lost my job. I don't know where to go.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Have you tried calling 311 to see if there is any suggestion of which organization can help with rental searches?
    And you likely are considering where to be in case you find your next job, how long a commute would be for you.
    Would stairs be an issue? Would you prefer an apt. building with elevator?
    To stay in/near Toronto downtown and cheap, because of proximity to transit/shops/banks, etc.-you are probably looking at student rental rooms around colleges/universities if you are trying for $500 per month (don't know if that would include internet or laundry). As for an actual apartment-look at BIA sites in case there are any postings. Also how about homes in Little Italy or along Lansdowne-would you be willing to go there to see if any homes/buildings might have For Rent signs?
    Would stairs be an issue? Would you prefer an apt. building with elevator?

Would you consider going out to Long Branch GO (501 Queen St. service end point and also Miss. Transit Dixie Bus line which also goes to Dixie Outlet Mall) or Port Credit GO in Mississauga (19 Hurontario bus takes 30 min to get to Sq.1 Mall or the express line takes less time) areas? They are older areas/smaller homes. There's a convenience store about a block from the GO station in Port Credit but Lakeshore Rd is where the businesses are.
    tobiwobi likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information