User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Extremely damaged hair help!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First I would suggest using a mild SLS free shampoo (Giovanni is pretty good)... Never brush your hair when wet, use a detangling comb etc... Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a harsh man made chemical that may aggravate damaged hair even further.

Oils can do wonders. I recommend Agadir oil but I hear Moroccan oil is also good as sheao oil or argan... it's personal preference.

Try to air dry if possible. If you must use a blow dryer NEVER use the really hot settings but use an ion or ceramic dryer to prevent future damage. Here are some reviews for the best hair dryers for your hair type.

Try to get frequent trims to get rid of the damaged ends. Try to avoid heat styling tools like curing irons, flat irons etc... no heat!
    JDI007 likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Something else to consider is maybe if you want to have auburn hair, you could use henna instead of hair dye. It really makes hair super soft. Only thing is, you cannot use boxed dyes after you have henna dyed your hair. At natural product stores you can get various colours of henna dye, but you can also get regular henna for very very cheap at the Superstore, which turns hair red.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nata did you manage to restore your hair to good health? Do tell us what you used.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, does anyone know where to buy the coconut oil or the other oils? I see a liquid coconut oil at loblaws and then there's Grace coconut oil (looks like a cream) from what i can see through the jar. I've never used before so I don't know. i saw mustard oil on sale at freshco but then, i think there's a difference between mustard and mustard essential oils.

One day when I was sweeping my bedroom floor and living room, I notice all the hair and that my hair is taking long to grow. I recently trimmed it to prevent split ends and started olive oil treatment once to twice a month for maybe 3 months but I really don't know if it's helping. So I want to see if I should try another coconut oil or the other hair loss preventing oils.

after i use shampoo and conditioner, i use argan oil butter or a few drops of argan oil. The butter has helped with the frizz a bit (also had to use extra hold cream because my hair get frizzy). I use a wide tooth comb now.

sorry for long post. probably sidetracked but i'm so worry about my hair now. stressing about it will cause more hair to fall so i try to calm myself but i can't stop thinking about it. don't know what else to do.. *sighs* thanks in advance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Seconding coconut oil! I keep my hair bleached, and I apply melted coconut oil in the shower, lathering it into my hair and scalp, immediately after bleaching, as well as applying more in the same manner for the following 2-3 days. I also wash my hair less often, usually twice a week, as washing it strips the scalp and hair of natural oils (which will keep it soft and healthy).
    Tweets77 likes this.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Coconut oil is coconut oil, as long as it says "pure" or something similar. Check the ingredients list, if you're not sure! Also, I bought my coconut oil at Rainbow Foods (natural health food store), it was around 20$ for a jar that has so far lasted me longer than 5 years! (I don't cook with it, it's only for personal care). I hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    Hi, does anyone know where to buy the coconut oil or the other oils? I see a liquid coconut oil at loblaws and then there's Grace coconut oil (looks like a cream) from what i can see through the jar. I've never used before so I don't know. i saw mustard oil on sale at freshco but then, i think there's a difference between mustard and mustard essential oils.

One day when I was sweeping my bedroom floor and living room, I notice all the hair and that my hair is taking long to grow. I recently trimmed it to prevent split ends and started olive oil treatment once to twice a month for maybe 3 months but I really don't know if it's helping. So I want to see if I should try another coconut oil or the other hair loss preventing oils.

after i use shampoo and conditioner, i use argan oil butter or a few drops of argan oil. The butter has helped with the frizz a bit (also had to use extra hold cream because my hair get frizzy). I use a wide tooth comb now.

sorry for long post. probably sidetracked but i'm so worry about my hair now. stressing about it will cause more hair to fall so i try to calm myself but i can't stop thinking about it. don't know what else to do.. *sighs* thanks in advance
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing ashleysummer, have you seen these? beautyheaven.com.au/hair/hair-treatments-masks/the-a-z-of-amazing-hair-oils? You have mentioned some of them but there are some I have never heard/known of! I personally use Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil as a leave in after shampooing but I also use vit E oil after I read livestrong.com/article/537418-how-to-rub-vitamin-e-on-the-scalp-to-promote-hair-growth/
    Mia001 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is it true that wearing your hair in a top bun will make you go bald?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1_love View Post
    is it true that wearing your hair in a top bun will make you go bald?
    I sure hope not, because I wear my hair up on a daily basis!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A little late to the party (or a lot late) but honestly the less ingredients and crap in your shampoo the better I started using Foster Naturals shampoo and conditioner its a brand new company and 100% organic its expensive but it works great I have no more dandruff no need for root lifters or split end therapy anymore and my hair isnt overproducing grease either. Also and I could just be imagining things but I swear my hair is growing faster than before! Needless to say I am stocking up the next time they have a promotion

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Little View Post
    A little late to the party (or a lot late) but honestly the less ingredients and crap in your shampoo the better I started using Foster Naturals shampoo and conditioner its a brand new company and 100% organic its expensive but it works great I have no more dandruff no need for root lifters or split end therapy anymore and my hair isnt overproducing grease either. Also and I could just be imagining things but I swear my hair is growing faster than before! Needless to say I am stocking up the next time they have a promotion
    you're absolutly right, less chimical is better ....i didn't know this band ,

i check on their webb site ....very interesting, i will probably give them a try
    thank you for letting us know
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would suggest you use some home remedies. Mix one egg with a small amount of shampoo, then apply to your damaged hair for five minutes and rinse well. This treatment helps to enhance the protein in your hair.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try natural products on your hair And follow perfect diet and may be it happen beacause of stress so keep tension free .
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My hair is getting oily faster than usual in winner time, and now I am start using coconut oil after washing my hair. I hope it help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information