User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Hello conductors,
    Could you please post the wishlists of your current riders when you start a train so that potential riders can see if they have the coupons wanted on the VWTrains. This is so that all potential riders can decide if they can ride or not (based on what they have to offer the group). Some conductors already do this. some don't. And I know that I would really appreciate it as I would rather trade for coupons ... not stamps. Thanks for listening

opps - i think this should be posted in the "coupon forum" section .. sorry
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by iluvcoupon; Sat, Sep 24th, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

Couponing/Honesty do mix
    Trading Score
    123 (97%)

This is a good idea for anyone posting a train with a wish list requirement on it. Not just VWT's. Great post.

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

I think its partially due to the conductor wanting riders who have a pretty large and varied stash when they request a seat. VWT trains usually require you to dig into your own personal stash a bit For the most part tho I think a lot of the VWT's for us newer members do usually have the wishlists posted as they come in dont they? Good point tho

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I always dig into my stash to give good stuff to the other riders Gosh .. I hope other people do to .... LOL ... I just want to be sure that I have what people want .. some people ask for such far fetched things (from what I have) that I wouldn't be able to meet the demand and I do have a fair bit of varied coupons ....LOL... i dislike giving up and receiving a bunch of stamps when all we really want is some good coupons to cut down on our cost of what we buy day to day ... thanks again for listening...

give the post a THUMBS UP if you agree with the post so it gets viewed ... cheers
    Last edited by iluvcoupon; Sat, Sep 24th, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

I agree, some coupons Ive never even seen or heard of, maybe its a east/west coast coupon difference...lol

Couponing/Honesty do mix
    Trading Score
    123 (97%)

That is why I don't ride VWT. The lists people asked for I could not meet so it was costing me a ton in stamps. I think the wish list idea is a good one.

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

i agree. there are some wishlists that i just cannot fill because people are looking for exact coupons and i have a ton of coupons myself, but makes it so difficult with exact UPC's and everything else. very good idea!!!!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I think a lot of conductors post wishlists as they receive them and when they can (they may have to wait until evening when their kids are in bed or after they get home from work, etc).

I agree it's helpful to see some of the wishlists before hand but sometimes it's just not possible.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I think a lot of conductors post wishlists as they receive them and when they can (they may have to wait until evening when their kids are in bed or after they get home from work, etc).

I agree it's helpful to see some of the wishlists before hand but sometimes it's just not possible.

Very true. I also think conductors post when they can .. just thought i would put it out there b/c I personally don't usually join a train unless I can ensure that I have some coupons (and yes .. even from my 'personal stash that I would use on a day to day basis .. if required... for the other riders).
    I have small children too so I can totally understand that ... but just thought it would be a good idea if some conductors didn't think of this. and if you are going to put all that work into hosting a train, it makes sense to post the wishlists ... especially b/c you want to have happy riders.

thanks for listening.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

nice idea.. however... i think it would be helpful if people joining trains could post a wishlist in their profile alone. that would be extremely helpful. you join a train.. go to look up someones wishlist to see if you can add anything to the train just for them.. and theirs nothing listed.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iluvcoupon View Post
    Very true. I also think conductors post when they can .. just thought i would put it out there b/c I personally don't usually join a train unless I can ensure that I have some coupons (and yes .. even from my 'personal stash that I would use on a day to day basis .. if required... for the other riders).
    I have small children too so I can totally understand that ... but just thought it would be a good idea if some conductors didn't think of this. and if you are going to put all that work into hosting a train, it makes sense to post the wishlists ... especially b/c you want to have happy riders.

thanks for listening.
    I post wishlists as I receive them but sometimes I get busy with my kids and then the train is full by the time I get back to post the wishlists. Other times people just dont send them until after the train is full.

It's awesome when it works out that you can see wishlists but it's not always possible. If you are worried about having things, then just keeping watching for posted wishlists. It may mean you might miss a few trains but eventually you'll get one that's perfect for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    nice idea.. however... i think it would be helpful if people joining trains could post a wishlist in their profile alone. that would be extremely helpful. you join a train.. go to look up someones wishlist to see if you can add anything to the train just for them.. and theirs nothing listed.
    That would work for normal trains but not for VWT's. Having a set wishlist in one post (by the conductor) ensures that all the wishlists (again for VWT's) are in one easy spot to view and cannot be altered at a later date.

I do agree that it's handy for people to have a wishlist on their profile. Sometimes I check out a traders wishlist in thier profile to throw extra's in for a trade and then there's nothing, so sadly no extra's for them because I dont know what they would want.

Thread Information