User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Microsoft Canada : $ 49 - Unlocked Smart Phone Windows 8.1 Phone

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 11:39 AM.
    uanoor and Decaf like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    lol, just got mine...they shipped it in a box 1 foot x 1.5 foot x .5 foot and the mobile phone box isn't sealed shut and I opened up the box to find...mobile phone salad! Everything in the box, loose in this giant box.

Best wishes to those expecting two or more phones in one box
    Same here..huge box by Fed Ex . signature required on top of it. So if you are not at home they won't give it to you.

my phone box inside was also opened as it must have shaken inside the huge fed ex box.

but the phone , charger , screen , etc etc was sealed . The Sim is a micro sim inside , so regular standard size Sims won't work.
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

WTH! Happened to other SCers too?

I just got my 2 phones in separate boxes, opened and found everything loose in the box, no packaging material, no packing slip / invoice. Haven't test the phones yet...hope they still work after being tossed around like salad.

Why is such a multibillion dollars company can't afford packaging material, or 2 pieces of tape to tape the phone box shut, or hire someone in charge with brain to use smaller box for smaller item.

PS. both phone look used, one has black scratches on the back of phone.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    WTH! Happened to other SCers too?

I just got my 2 phones in separate boxes, opened and found everything loose in the box, no packaging material, no packing slip / invoice. Haven't test the phones yet...hope they still work after being tossed around like salad.

Why is such a multibillion dollars company can't afford packaging material, or 2 pieces of tape to tape the phone box shut, or hire someone in charge with brain to use smaller box for smaller item.

PS. both phone look used, one has black scratches on the back of phone.
    No no they are not used.

mine also has 2 small black marks on the back..first I thought they are scratches..but they turner out to be small black marks.

I took a warm damp cloth and gently, wiped them off with a little rubbing , now they are gone

almost looked like some sooth or grease king of marks , but they are gone now
    Decaf likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

edit : success , I actually had to open the phone to get the Stuck Sim card out

-------
    How do I remove the Sim Card ?

I put a sim card inside the first slot ..you have to push that right in right ? Now it seems to be stuck in there

how do I get it out ?
    Last edited by redhotdeal.in; Tue, Dec 9th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You're lucky, mine said by 8:00PM today. I hope it's not literally 8PM as I am sitting by the window stalking Fedex truck...I hate to miss the delivery as I don't even know where the pick up depot is.
    That's the latest for the delivery window by FedEx for residential deliveries...

That being said, mine arrived today.

Contrary to an earlier post, I had no problem putting my SIM in it and using it immediately.

I havent had much chance to play around with it beyond that, but it works.

-- I was further pleased to notice that it also comes packaged with a protective rubber shield cover (matching colour), as well as a screen protector film. I wasnt sure if these were listed when I ordered it, but it's nice that I dont have to go hunting for these for this otherwise obscure model.
    lecale and Decaf like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhotdeal.in View Post
    Same here... my phone box inside was also opened as it must have shaken inside the huge fed ex box.
    Same here, but mine is none the worse for wear.

The Sim is a micro sim inside , so regular standard size Sims won't work.
    beg to Differ... mine is 2-slots full-size SIM. (I know because I have a full-size standard SIM in my work phone, and it fit perfectly) -- the contact end goes face down into the slot, leaving the other end partially exposed (for easy removal), but it fits absolutely properly in the slot. -- My personal phone (Galaxy S5) is a nano SIM... and it's way too small for these slots.

How do I remove the Sim Card ? I put a sim card inside the first slot ..you have to push that right in right ? Now it seems to be stuck in there

how do I get it out ?
    Yup, as noted above, these are FULL/Standad SIM slots. If you put a micro SIM in there, you've lost it deep in the slot. If you had the full/stnadard SIM, you'd have no problem sliding it out because the end of it would be still exposed.

Have fun getting it out.

(Keep in mind that the contacts on all SIMs are the same... so if they make the proper contacts, you're fine. It's only the plastic that is different in size/shape. Only problem is that it might come loose if it's not the proper size.)

You can get snap-in coverter cards to snap in a nano or micro sim to convert to a full size SIM for a proper fit.

Your provider may give you one of these adapters as they likely throw out dozens each day. (all of their SIMs come as nanos in these adapters, they snap out what they need when they activate a new phone and throw away the excess plastic)
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Tue, Dec 9th, 2014 at 04:19 PM.
    Decaf likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like its stuck for good. It was just a spare SIM , I had lying around, so no biggie. Didn't see the manual mention anything about the SIM size.

Will be just using the other slot with a regular SIM..so much for a dual SIM ..ha ha.
    or will try to sell it on Kijiji for 50 bucks with a stuck SIM..lol

Anyways my first and last purchase from the MS store online, the shipping was horrible
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yay! It's full size SIM card so I don't have to spend extra money.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Looks like its stuck for good. It was just a spare SIM , I had lying around, so no biggie. Didn't see the manual mention anything about the SIM size.

Will be just using the other slot with a regular SIM..so much for a dual SIM ..ha ha.
    or will try to sell it on Kijiji for 50 bucks with a stuck SIM..lol

Anyways my first and last purchase from the MS store online, the shipping was horrible
    That sucks! Have you try a sewing needle / pin / knife to see if you can pry it out?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Mine arrived earlier today too. Same shipping experience as you all had unfortunately. Charged it, turned it on and played around with it for a bit and all seems okay. Haven't tried with a SIM card yet as it's going to be used for just play over wifi. Besides the shipping, I'm happy with it.
    lecale and Decaf like this.
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sucks! Have you try a sewing needle / pin / knife to see if you can pry it out?
    Edit : success , I actually had to open the phone to get the Stuck Sim card out , but managed to do it

------
    I will try a needle, but prospects are dim ..I will try opening the phone , should be fun ..I have a set of those tiny Philips screw drivers for opening small screws
    Last edited by redhotdeal.in; Tue, Dec 9th, 2014 at 07:32 PM.
    Decaf likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

success , I actually had to open the phone to get the Stuck Sim card out, but managed to do it .
    Decaf likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The product has been delivered ..got it 3-4 days back.

I ordered on Decembet 1 st , but my credit card has still not been charged .

Anyone else , whose credit card is yet to be charged ?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Missed the sale, hope it comes back for BoxingDay.....
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information