User Tag List

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I totally agree on the Moen products. We had a Moen tap in our bathroom that we needed to get a new cartridge for 3-4 times in 19 yrs & I can only imagine how long it had already been in the bathroom before we bought the house. We just got it from Home Depot, no questions asked and free. Needless to say when we did the bathroom renovation Moen was the only product I considered, so much so even the accessories are Moen.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Nothing planned tonight after work so hope to get at my kitchen a bit more, empty a few drawers . Will put away dry laundry that has been hanging to dry since yesterday morning. Will put another load on at 7 tonight and then hang to dry. Put a peameal roast in the slow cooker this morning so that is dinner.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-gonna mail a trade I did with a fellow canucker from montreal-do you know that everyone who waned to send her smellis wanted only free product cpns from her (what is wrong with some traders-goodness) infact I am sending her 20.00 of glade refills and oil refill-and she only had 9.00worht of coupons for me -you now what what goes around comes around-my mom always said -she thanked me -ww thanks girls for letting me get that off my chest

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Good morning every one. I will also do a dep cleaning and I will tackel 1 room at the time. My house is always nice and clean but it is that time of the year. I sure hope it will be done this month. I want to start cooking and freeze my meals. I have some spagatti sauce to do. I also want to start meal planning for the week ahead. Also, I have to start buying what is on my list and nothing more as I tend to spend extra $$$ some times. Good luck every one with all of your shores...................

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning all. feeling blagh..
    off though to get eggs/milk/bread before dh is up.
    nothing worse then going to make breakkie and kids have left empty egg shells.. haha none left.. really.. grr
    thankfully everything is on sale. last day today.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Another sleepless night due to coughing. It's like being pregnant and sick all over again. Anyone know where to find Buckley's syrup at the lowest price? Getting desperate....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I love having the basics on hand too then we always have something to make to eat if needed. When Food Basics had eggs on for $1.88 a few weeks ago I bought 4 dozen on the Sat and went back for 3 more. We have 4 dozen left (less a few eggs). Will make eggs tonight I think with the peameal.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Not sure on the price of Buckleys sorry ( MY sister bought us our bottle - She bought it when DS was with her) but will look if I'm out for you.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Going to head home soon to watch Till debt do us part. the dog likes the company lol Don't really need to get anything so no shopping for me today.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

picked up the basics and a chocolate chip cream cheese cake. omg this cake is .. *lip smacking* yummy.
    i was actually standing in line to cash out. realized i forgot dh's lunch meat. went back and there was the cake. it was meant to be.
    50% off too. woohoo. wait til dh sees it..
    will finish my list tomorrow. with my card and my PC card this time.
    now off for lunch.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I think that LO is teething a molar again. He has 4 matching molars left. Dh was up with him 3 times last night and he is generally cranky and not really himself. I'm not teaching today so LO is home with me from daycare. They are forecasting frost a lot over the next week or so, starting with tonight. We harvested the garden this morning (anything that grew above ground). I harvested a month ago, but then my plants survived several nights of forecast frost. Anyway, I have another icecream bucket full of tomatoes, which I will spread out in boxes to ripen. I harvested the last few peas, yellow string beans, zucchini, butternut squash, cucumbers, and swisschard. My squash did pathetically bad this year, haven't had such a horrible harvest of squash. Oh well, I'll have to try to figure out what went wrong and what I can do to have a much better crop next year. I still have lots of green onion, some carrots, beets, and red potatoes in the garden. All of them can handle some frost.

I'm going to stop by Sobeys today to pick up a few sale items and milk. We are going to have "coffee" with a friend while we are out and about. I'm not sure what I am going to do while LO has his afternoon nap, but I always seem to think of something. Maybe I will prep supper. *shrug*
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -gonna mail a trade I did with a fellow canucker from montreal-do you know that everyone who waned to send her smellis wanted only free product cpns from her (what is wrong with some traders-goodness) infact I am sending her 20.00 of glade refills and oil refill-and she only had 9.00worht of coupons for me -you now what what goes around comes around-my mom always said -she thanked me -ww thanks girls for letting me get that off my chest
    Some traders here are really funny. Once, I traded for stamps, thinking they would be P stamps or at least enough to mail a letter. Nope. The stamps were older so I had to go to a post office to find special denominations to make up postage for each stamp! Queen Elizabeth was middle aged at the time! Now I understand why people have to specify "P stamps" because there are people who will send out any random old stamps. Silly (not the person who sent me stamps, but that we have to clarify the type of stamps).

As for the person who sent the stamps, I just figured she didn't want to deal with buying an extra $0.17 in postage four times. I can't say I blame her. Thankfully, the post office is right around the corner for me.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Oct 2nd, 2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Clarification

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just baked peanut butter cookies -yummm had a craving -hubbies favorite too(his mother never baked a thing for those 6 kids -so he thanked me today"thanks babe " I loved them there is 12 left

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

YOU AND ME, I sure hope this is the last of expenses to come. I believe there are rebates out their via hydro companies when replacing furnaces, etc. best of luck to you in your shopping/comparisions etc.

coupon girl sounds like you made your hubby's day with those delish cookies
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Not sure on the price of Buckleys sorry ( MY sister bought us our bottle - She bought it when DS was with her) but will look if I'm out for you.
    Thank you! I see it at Independent for $8.99 for 150 mL. I'm not sure I can wait that long and may just make a price adjustment with the receipt later. It's for DH. I don't think I can take anything unless I stop feeding LO milk.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information