User Tag List

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Welcome to Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Where we discuss are ups & downs of budgeting, frugal deals, ask for advice & input and most importantly respect from our frugal friends!!!!

All welcome to join this thread

MoSavings frugal chatter - jasperandchar
    MoVember more savings
    MoMoney chitter chatter
    November frugal friends

November Frugality - momof5boys

Nest Egg November - Natalka

Nut-gathering November - Natalka

Nutty November Savings
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Oct 29th, 2014 at 05:32 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

and my

My Goals & Challenges for October

1. Getting Ready for Cold & Flu Season (purchased DayQuil & NyQuil on Oct. 8th)

2. Intense Bathroom Cleaning - COMPLETED on Oct. 10th began October 1st

3. Rubbermaid under staircase (emptied 5 rubbermaids & donated 3 large garbage bags) - Oct. 9th, 2014 - COMPLETED

4. Storage Room

++++++++++++++++++

SEPTEMBER Goals & Challenges

1. Filing & Filing cabinet challenge

2. Lazy susan organization

3. Bedroom closet & linens

4 Purse challenge

Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Oct 9th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Another cold dark miserable rainy day. Well, drizzly day. Lily dog was not impressed and didn't even attempt to sit on the bench to spy on the neighbours. Quincy cat is happily hiding in his box. I'm debating just how important my errands are and whether I can just skip them altogether. I think I'd be more productive napping, er bonding with the brats.

Off to see how much food we have (well, we can always resort to canned goods if nothing else) and whether I really feel like cooking any more beets (down to the last lb or so). At least if the oven is going, I'll warm up. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Morning all. Looks like another dreary day here. Have to go pick up our meds...forgot when I was in town on Saturday.
    Crocheted til after 1:00 last night...stupid I know but I couldn`t quit.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-wow October "ashlyn" party is on sat she will be 1 on oct 6-where did this year go
    I had such heartburn this morning -ate a nut /chex type mix -must have been in a lot of oil-from the gift shop in Jacob-my zantac helped I took at 5.30 and i just had a cammomile tea
    -rainy deary dayhere lt see what I can get done

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

A friend and I were talking about the Clown Riot/Circus Riot last night. Makes me like clowns even less. So much for Toronto being boring.

http://torontodreamsproject.blogspot...rcus-riot.html

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning all my frugal friends!!!!

This is what I will be doing this week, creating my own mason jar cleaning to do list/papers BUT it will be broken down by 1 room per week so for example - 1 randomly pick a piece of paper and that is my chore for the room of the week to do TODAY!!! So it's broken down by 7 chores for the week (1 per day)

my first week will be the bathroom (from top to bottom) so I will include the following

1. wipe down walls & doors
    2. intense grout cleaning in bathtub/shower
    3. clean toilet, bath tub & sink (need to buy some hard water cleaner) for stains in tub & sink
    4. sink vanity (take everything out - wipe down and clean out/purge) and re-organize
    5. medicine cabinet (clean out and wipe down) mirror too
    6. wash window and window sill
    7. wash light fixtures

then I will tackle another room.....

Anyone want to commit to creating their own to do mason jar, you make your own rules, deadlines and challenges, or follow along with me????

This might also be a good 1st try and getting kids to do chores 1 a day or 1 a week???? Of course kid friendly chores for their rooms or playrooms!!!

I started this with ds1 this past weekend and his chore for the weekend was that he had to clean the top of his dresser and what a difference it made, he threw so many things away and his dresser looks so much more tidy And he immediately noticed the overall difference in the appearance of his room and it only took him 10 minutes. His dresser was the 1st thing you saw when you look in his room it's no longer the eye sore but quite attractive and well decorated now
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Oct 1st, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OH Nancy. i should make one for each of my sons. they need 'basic' instructions to follow to clean. even though they are older it still works for them.
    def. a project that DES. needs to be done ASAP.
    thankfully dh conquers my difficult tasks.
    dreary here too..
    i have two pick ups today.
    will also be making my first grocery list in 3 weeks. WOW we did it.
    might be a pleasure to create a weeks meal plan.
    would like to to get some banana bread, cabbage rolls, shepherds pie done soon.
    dh and i usually create 'fast' meals so if we need to have someone on hand its easy to take out of the freeze, thaw cook/bake.
    great for all of us.. after a discussion with the guys yesterday, lightbulbs are finally going off..
    im going to remain hopeful...
    oh and a little update.. our 'family drama' is becoming interesting.. will update when i find out more info.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy October to everyone! No big plans for today but perhaps a little grocery shopping(need veggies). Baked some muffins for breakfast and planning on tacos( DD's favourite) for dinner. I think there will be lots of studying going on around here tonight as DD has two tests tomorrow-is it just my imagination or is high school harder than back when we went? It starts in Grade 10 here and good grief DD was asking us about poetic terms DH and I have never even heard of despite having both graduated from university back in the good old days-and this is only Grade 10-good grief. Thank goodness my DH is good at Math and can help with some of those questions and I can help edit some of the English work-not that we do her homework but it is sure nice to give your kids a little help as needed because with 40 kids in the class the teacher sure doesn't have a lot of time for questions!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Glad the sun has finally come out to visit, it was dreary before; it rained last evening and overnight.

Hope everyone has a FAB day!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good plan Nancy. I have been really organizing my house (getting rid of the junk/clutter really helped) I've been working room by room and have been keeping those rooms clean as we go. Still loving my familyroom. DS has a drawer to put all his gaming stuff in when he is finished and has been really good about doing so. Oldest has all his stuff in the basement and is good for the most part keeping it clean. Next on my list is the kitchen. Want to go through all drawers etc and really toss the stuff we don't need, move the stuff to the basement on the kitchen shelf for things only used now and then (griddle/ stockpot etc. Will move extra dishes that are kept on hand just in case down there so they aren't in the way for daily living) So I will make the kitchen my next project but will give myself 2 weeks to complete it since I am full swing into hockey season and since my son plays Rep he is on the ice often which means I am on the go.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kids and chores- I am really trying to get my boys to help out. They are getting better. DS cleaned out the entrance closet for me yesterday but really only did it because I took his IPAD away the other day and wanted it back so I asked him to do that. Oh well at least he did it and did a good job. I will be pushing the next week for him to start helping more.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

FBM. i REALLY need to do my kitchen as well. the only thing is dh won't let me depart of many items.
    going to try anyway.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well sounds like you ladies on are on a mission of tackling the kitchen, awesome stuff and good luck! FBM like you mentioned once the cleaning is done it only takes a few minutes each day to maintain once everything has it's place and a place for everything.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well my chore for the day for my bathroom was the medicine cabinet was super easy as I went through and de-cluttered a month or so ago. Gave dh his own shelf for all his manly products (lol). I discovered that rubbing alcohol takes away stubborn hard water stains, I did a small test strip on my faucet and it needed a quick wipe down and thought why not, ended up letting the rubbing alcohol soak around the base of the faucet and where the soap sits and it worked wonders, thought I would share this newfound tip, now to find how to remove hard water from the toilet, I looked on pinterest and well we'll see which I attempt once I pick that chore.

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information